Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley at Logan

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley at Loga

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

biggdowgg wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:I'd rather seen Ironton playing in Columbus than Logan. Logan is a dangerous drive this time of the year. Jackson would have been a far better place to have hosted this game IMO. The thing is though, OHSAA knows Ironton fans will be there in huge numbers, even if they made them go to the moon so why not make it easier for the other school's fans to be there? You'll still get your money from Ironton and they know it. I got a sneaky suspicion that this game will be a lop sided affair as to the crowd attendance. I'm basing this on the previous game's results and attendance.

It's a crying shame that Chillicothe's facility is so bad. It would be an ideal location for so many games.

Might I remind GAHS that Ironton got out of this league and the travel was one aspect for them doing so. These are bad roads and difficult to drive. It's also 40 miles farther and a 1 hour estimated longer drive for Ironton than Hartley. I just looked it up.

Also, it will be a 20 some minute longer drive for Ironton to drive to Logan than it would have been for Hartley to drive to Jackson 1:20 estimated for that drive and a 1:46 for the drive to Logan for Ironton.

Again, it's all about cash...Columbus MAY put another 150 to 250 butts more in the seats if it's closer for them..the Tigers? won't matter
how far did you drive last week, just to go fishing?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------oh, you're good bd, he travels all around the country fishing.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

cleatus wrote:Us Columbus Folks just appreciate the OHSAA making "our long ride home" a little shorter.
-------------- cleatus great first post, welcome to seops. and we don't care where we have to drive. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I for one would love to have the problem of how far to travel to watch my team play a football playoff game! Someone down there tell Mr. Rowe to make a phone call! lol Good luck Tigers!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Well, after a 1-week playoff hiatus to visit family in VA, I'll be back in action this weekend for some more playoff action. Go Tigers!

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

GO TIGERS!!!!!!KEEP SOUTHEASTERN OHIO ON THE MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Lets see, a team that is down by the mighty Ohio gets screwed when it comes to travel when playing a team from Columbus. Glad to hear that some things never change,,,,,,I mean come on Ironton fans, I believe us down here in southern Ohio have seen this song and dance before, good luck from the Grove and time to show the powers that be you cannot screw with southern Ohio.

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

philthyphil wrote:
fbfever9 wrote:not trying to look ahead but they have announced the state semi pairings...... R13 v R14 R15 v R16 .... The winner of this game has the great fortune of playing either Kettering Alter or Kenton!! :)
It also says rebracketing may occur for the semifinals so this is not completely set in stone.

Philthy,
ACTUALLY, this HAS already been set in stone by OHSAA. It is now posted on the website. They have already announced the State Semi-Final Pairings for all Divisions. BTW, it doesn't really matter when you have to play either of those schools, it's not an easy task. A lot of the Ironton fans were B*TCH*NG about driving further, and I was just showing that OHSAA was already rewarding who they thought the best region (16) was by giving them the winner of the worst (15). I don't necessarily believe this to be true, but I've been told that overall strength of the regions plays an important factor in state semi- final pairings.

And, to those of you who are complaining about the drive..... it happens nearly every year. Ironton fans should not complain. OHSAA has rewarded some really good Ironton teams in the past by giving them 1st, 2nd, and Reg. Finals games at Spartan stadium in Portsmouth against Cincinnati Teams :roll: :122246 ........ but I suppose those were rightful decisions by OHSAA.

I realize this doesn't apply to the majority of Ironton fans. I have a sneaking suspicion that the majority of the complaining is coming from people that wouldn't actaully go to the game if it was being played in their neighbor's back yard.

I'm not meaning to be disrespectful, but some of the fans on here want to know why everyone around (and some outside) the region thinks Irontonians are "chest thumpers" and "sore losers" and "blowhards". This is just a prime example. Follow these 3 simple rules and people will stop all the smack talk back!

1. Don't complain about where you are driving ....you're still playing!!!
2. Win like you have actually 'been there' before ....because you have!!!
3. Congratulate your opponents in defeat, becuase excuses are like @ssholes; everyone has one and they all stink.

I say all of this having played for Ironton and am proud to have been a part of a great team. Just relax and enjoy THIS GREAT TEAM......

Ragweed87
Waterboy

Post by Ragweed87 »

Tigers roll!!!!! Ironton 45 Bishop Hartley 20

hammer911335
Freshman Team

Post by hammer911335 »

Philthy Phil,

The OHSAA announced their semi-final pairings, and that is what they were referring to in their post regarding re-bracketed pairings. See the link, as some divisions were re-bracketed and some were not. DIV was not re-bracketed.

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/ftpair.htm

HSFootball#1Fan
Waterboy

Post by HSFootball#1Fan »

[/quote]

Philthy,
ACTUALLY, this HAS already been set in stone by OHSAA. It is now posted on the website. They have already announced the State Semi-Final Pairings for all Divisions. BTW, it doesn't really matter when you have to play either of those schools, it's not an easy task. A lot of the Ironton fans were B*TCH*NG about driving further, and I was just showing that OHSAA was already rewarding who they thought the best region (16) was by giving them the winner of the worst (15). [/quote]

I would think that the pairing doesn't have as much to do as the best region vs the worst region but more the possibility of two catholic schools playing in the semi finals rather than the finals.

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

ironton wins 48 to 14

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

fbfever9 wrote:
philthyphil wrote:
fbfever9 wrote:not trying to look ahead but they have announced the state semi pairings...... R13 v R14 R15 v R16 .... The winner of this game has the great fortune of playing either Kettering Alter or Kenton!! :)
It also says rebracketing may occur for the semifinals so this is not completely set in stone.

Philthy,
ACTUALLY, this HAS already been set in stone by OHSAA. It is now posted on the website. They have already announced the State Semi-Final Pairings for all Divisions. BTW, it doesn't really matter when you have to play either of those schools, it's not an easy task. A lot of the Ironton fans were B*TCH*NG about driving further, and I was just showing that OHSAA was already rewarding who they thought the best region (16) was by giving them the winner of the worst (15). I don't necessarily believe this to be true, but I've been told that overall strength of the regions plays an important factor in state semi- final pairings.

And, to those of you who are complaining about the drive..... it happens nearly every year. Ironton fans should not complain. OHSAA has rewarded some really good Ironton teams in the past by giving them 1st, 2nd, and Reg. Finals games at Spartan stadium in Portsmouth against Cincinnati Teams :roll: :122246 ........ but I suppose those were rightful decisions by OHSAA.

I realize this doesn't apply to the majority of Ironton fans. I have a sneaking suspicion that the majority of the complaining is coming from people that wouldn't actaully go to the game if it was being played in their neighbor's back yard.

I'm not meaning to be disrespectful, but some of the fans on here want to know why everyone around (and some outside) the region thinks Irontonians are "chest thumpers" and "sore losers" and "blowhards". This is just a prime example. Follow these 3 simple rules and people will stop all the smack talk back!

1. Don't complain about where you are driving ....you're still playing!!!
2. Win like you have actually 'been there' before ....because you have!!!
3. Congratulate your opponents in defeat, becuase excuses are like @ssholes; everyone has one and they all stink.

I say all of this having played for Ironton and am proud to have been a part of a great team. Just relax and enjoy THIS GREAT TEAM......
I guess I missed that part.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tigers need to stay focused and be ready to play a Team that will have a chip on their shoulder and something to prove after the week 8 game.

Ironton in a much closer game than the last one 31-21

GO TIGERS.............

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:I'd rather seen Ironton playing in Columbus than Logan. Logan is a dangerous drive this time of the year. Jackson would have been a far better place to have hosted this game IMO. The thing is though, OHSAA knows Ironton fans will be there in huge numbers, even if they made them go to the moon so why not make it easier for the other school's fans to be there? You'll still get your money from Ironton and they know it. I got a sneaky suspicion that this game will be a lop sided affair as to the crowd attendance. I'm basing this on the previous game's results and attendance.

It's a crying shame that Chillicothe's facility is so bad. It would be an ideal location for so many games.

Might I remind GAHS that Ironton got out of this league and the travel was one aspect for them doing so. These are bad roads and difficult to drive. It's also 40 miles farther and a 1 hour estimated longer drive for Ironton than Hartley. I just looked it up.

Also, it will be a 20 some minute longer drive for Ironton to drive to Logan than it would have been for Hartley to drive to Jackson 1:20 estimated for that drive and a 1:46 for the drive to Logan for Ironton.

Again, it's all about cash...Columbus MAY put another 150 to 250 butts more in the seats if it's closer for them..the Tigers? won't matter
how far did you drive last week, just to go fishing?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------oh, you're good bd, he travels all around the country fishing.
but...I didn't drive out a windy 2 lane road and way after the sun set either ;-)

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I don't understand the deer argument,, I know its farther for Ironton but this time of year in SEO anywhere you go a Bambi could pop out and ruin your day,,up here the 4 lane highway 33 is the one you really want to avoid because its so much harder to stop and see them in time,its a bloody butcher house all the way to Lancaster and its all divided 4 lane and Hartley's bus driver better not go too fast just might hit one coming down but anyway Ironton should win this I'll say 31-10

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

If you are interested in a good pre game meal Try L J,s at the corner of Front St and St Rt 328 less than a mile from the high school. Friday night all you can eat fish $7.99.Also Logan and Hocking Co. needs money, bring plenty!

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

I just started reading this thread this morning and can't read it all. I can't get by all of the B****ing and moaning about the site. Big deal it's 30 more miles and one more hour driving. OHSAA can't help it that's there is not any straight roads out of Ironton. At least it's still in SE Ohio. Ironton will get the surounding fans from other SE Ohio schools there from the region.
Last edited by nerkfan on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

nerkfan wrote:I just started reading this thread this morning and can't read it all. I can't get by all of the B****ing and moaning about the site.
Like I said on a different thead they are all cry babies, just be happy to be there and have a team in the regional final!

BuckBalls
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckBalls »

Lets go TIGERS lets not under estimate this team. They do have something to prove and they also want a little revenge. Just dont go on the field thinking we already beat these guys we dont have nothing to worry about. Lets play with as much heart as we have been playing with and we will do fine. Just remember We are the Tigers and we will not be denied a second time in a row at regional finals. Lets go Tigers get us a win here.

BuckBalls
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckBalls »

What is the radio channel at the ball field that you can pick up the game on anyone know please let me know if you can, Thank You

Return to “Football”