2011 Warren Warriors

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Re: 2011 Warren Warriors

Post by bigbluedad »

This just in , the scrimage tomorrow will now be at home and not at Herbert Hoover, don't know why but it's better than having to drive there.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Saturday Night?, I presume? Outstanding?????, for us. Never mind, just paid attention to your post. Friday at 7 P.M. ??

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Made it to the scrimmage. Didn't look real good in first part or scrimmage, however during the down & distance. The offense & defense got it going scoring several times. Defense started to swarm to the ball. Leffingwell suprised everybody with a show of footspeed much quicker than last season. Spread the ball around to different receivers much better. Did force the ball into coverage a couple of times. Overall not a bad showing by the Warriors, with some starters standing on the sidelines, (Ward, Windland & Vincent). Knost has got a set of wheels, gonna be hard for anyone to get outside of him at a DE spot, only ran the ball a couple of times, but did well at that as well. O-line looked much better than was reported for Point. So, all in all looking pretty solid for next FRIDAY. IMO.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Auburntgrfan wrote:Made it to the scrimmage. Didn't look real good in first part or scrimmage, however during the down & distance. The offense & defense got it going scoring several times. Defense started to swarm to the ball. Leffingwell suprised everybody with a show of footspeed much quicker than last season. Spread the ball around to different receivers much better. Did force the ball into coverage a couple of times. Overall not a bad showing by the Warriors, with some starters standing on the sidelines, (Ward, Windland & Vincent). Knost has got a set of wheels, gonna be hard for anyone to get outside of him at a DE spot, only ran the ball a couple of times, but did well at that as well. O-line looked much better than was reported for Point. So, all in all looking pretty solid for next FRIDAY. IMO.

I agree things looked much better from the first scrimmage, I knew Jace Knost was fast but man he can move no wonder Riff wanted him to run track. Dylan did a good job spreading it around and throwing a stiff arm too, but the one who worked the hardest was Hastie, he was every where on the field and the rest of the O looked improved as well. Defense was on the ball all night, the only thing I see that needs tweeked is the outside guys getting blocked down and in on plays like sweeps and not getting to the play in time but I think that will be fixed with some good practice. GO BLUE

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Nice win for the Freshman 35-0 over Philo....the Varsity is ready!

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Did the JV play last night?
I did not see AK at the scrimmage, is he injured?

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

JV plays this Saturday....I heard AK is no longer on the team? Don't know why....

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

warriorfrosh wrote:Nice win for the Freshman 35-0 over Philo....the Varsity is ready!

36-0

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

The Warren freshman get things started in the right direction this week by beating Philo's freshman last night 36-0. It was 0-0 for a good while in the first quarter when Warren finally got on the move and scored on a screen pass to Seth Balderson out of the backfield but the pat was no good and it stayed 6-0 until the third quarter when the warriors got things headed to the end zone on a toss pass to Seth Balderson and the touchdown with the 2 point conversion being made making it 14-0. Later on in the third Warren would again find paydirt on a counter right to Seth Balderson for his 3rd TD of the night and the 2 point conversion was good making it 22-0. Now in the 4th quarter with Philo punting to Jared Isner with a 40 yard return for the TD and he also got in on the 2 point conversion making it 30-0, after a Philo fumble the Warriors again marched down field and scored on a another rushing TD this time by Andy Farnsworth making it 36-0. Hope this carries over to Fridays opener for the varsity in Philo, GO BLUE!!!!!!!!

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

Is Philo's field at the new high school?

Return to “Football”