Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

Post by wobycat »

Bolin is a terrific QB at Waverly. Does not have the running ability. From the sounds of it, he probably is like the Brabson kid.
Miller isnt the best throwing QB. His passes can "duck" sometimes. He does have a nice touch but he has one quality that hasn't been mentioned that puts him above most QB's. He's very good at reading defenses. He's one of the best I've seen personally in high school. He wont force it either. Shears would try to force it . If it's not there, Miller is going to run it. A spy would be a good tactic but that gives up one less defender in coverage which Miller would figure out. This is what makes him good. Plus he has the will to fight. Very much a gamer.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

wobycat wrote:Bolin is a terrific QB at Waverly. Does not have the running ability. From the sounds of it, he probably is like the Brabson kid.
Miller isnt the best throwing QB. His passes can "duck" sometimes. He does have a nice touch but he has one quality that hasn't been mentioned that puts him above most QB's. He's very good at reading defenses. He's one of the best I've seen personally in high school. He wont force it either. Shears would try to force it . If it's not there, Miller is going to run it. A spy would be a good tactic but that gives up one less defender in coverage which Miller would figure out. This is what makes him good. Plus he has the will to fight. Very much a gamer.
Brabson can definately run the football, I feel he is just patient in the pocket, and is pass-first. That Piketon offensive line pass blocked better than any southern ohio team I have seen in a while. Just a observation. I see what your saying about the spy, but I think you just have to rely on your DBs playing tight and pressue off the edge, because IMO if you don't spy , you are relying on interior d lineman which are not going to be as quick as Miller, that is all fine and good as long as we get him at the line of scrimmage, but he gets to the 2nd level, could be problems.

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

minford or piketon is not on the same level as burg and valley plaine and simple.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

smack wrote:minford or piketon is not on the same level as burg and valley plaine and simple.
I can see you making a valid argrument based on schedules and Burg's game vs. Ironton as to why to say that, however you cannot in no way imaginable make that comment about Valley, as they have played statistically one of the worst football schedules in the state of Ohio. The only thing that makes Wheelersburg a clear better team than Piketon would be defense. As said, Brabson has a better arm than Miller, and Piketon throws the ball just as much if not more than Burg does. This game friday is going to answer several questions. Piketon I feel will have to wait to week 11, to answer the naysayers, whether that is by another close matchup with Minford, or a trip into Tank stadium or Johnstown.. don't know which one it will be.

Falconfever
Waterboy

Post by Falconfever »

smack wrote:minford or piketon is not on the same level as burg and valley plaine and simple.
please enlighten everyone how valley is on a whole other level then Minford lol

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

Falconfever wrote:
Well technically they are on a whole "other level"... ;-)

#189 Valley (Lucasville) (7-0) 115.5
Overall strength-of-schedule 0.216, #657 toughest (of 719)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Your right. They are division 4, not 5! Bigger schools!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

What does "plaine" and simple mean?

Sorry, couldnt resist!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Bleeding Red wrote:What does "plaine" and simple mean?
Sorry, couldnt resist!
I think I saw one of them at the airport in Minford :mrgreen:

falcon80
Waterboy

Post by falcon80 »

Falconfever wrote:
IMO everyone is under-rating Piketon. They are full of experienced players, Have a great balanced offense with what from what ive seen the best overall QB in the area, and ask anyone that has played them their defense isn't to bad. Only losses are to Minford and Westfall which are both in the top 3 in their region.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

falcon80 wrote:
Falconfever wrote:
IMO everyone is under-rating Piketon. They are full of experienced players, Have a great balanced offense with what from what ive seen the best overall QB in the area, and ask anyone that has played them their defense isn't to bad. Only losses are to Minford and Westfall which are both in the top 3 in their region.
Piketon does have a fine QB. I've seen him scrimmage against Valley, Portsmouth and Notre Dame. But IMO Waverlys QB is much more impressive. He just doesnt have the same quality team around him. And wasnt impressed at all with Piketons Defense. I'm sure they are much improved

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

4th n Goal wrote:
Sorry, couldnt resist!
;-)

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Bleeding Red wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:
Sorry, couldnt resist!
;-)
With smacks spelling he must be from way out there in Minford.... :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Here4Fun wrote: With smacks spelling he must be from way out there in Minford.... :lol:
If he is, he is W-A-Y out there!

Based on his posts he is definitely not from Minford! LOL! .......Waverly!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Half the peoiple on this thread are not from Minford or Burg and that is the reason behind all of the nonsense talk.

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Here4Fun wrote: With smacks spelling he must be from way out there in Minford.... :lol:

You got me on that bleeding red but i think everyone has spelling errors every now and then but back to my statement compare the scores of the valley\west game and the minford\west game and tell me who's better......VALLEY!!!!!!!!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

smack wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

You got me on that bleeding red but i think everyone has spelling errors every now and then but back to my statement compare the scores of the valley\west game and the minford\west game and tell me who's better......VALLEY!!!!!!!!
I agree if that was all minford was able to do with west they will struggle big time with burg if they dont play any better than that come Friday.If those two big runs were not called back it would have been 44-0 just sayin....

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

smack wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

LMAO!!! Scores mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! For example, back in 2009, West scored 60-some points against Waverly, and everyone thought that they would do the same thing to Minford that next week, despite Minford beating a very good 'Burg team. Well, not only did Minford beat West handily ( @ their place), they ended up winning the SOC 2 outright.

Yeah, Minford's offense struggled a little against West a few weeks ago, but our defense picked it up and would have posted a shutout if not for questionable officiating (film does not lie). That's why it's a team game. When one element struggles, the other has to pick it up.

And just remember, this thread is for Minford and 'Burg fans. Save the Valley comparisons for the next 2 weeks. :122249

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

smack wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

get the f*** out of this thread...this is about burg n minford nobody cares about valley on here....focus on northwest n finish your season at 8-2 because thats whats gonna happen. be gone!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

NewEra wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:I have watched Minford play Portsmouth and Burg play Portsmouth and Jackson. I dont believe I remember hearing or telling that Minford has played a spread this year. Correct me if im wrong. That could be huge plus for Burg. I can remember standing on the sideklines and calling to whom Eddie would throw the pass to based on the defensive set, who playing coverage vs Burg receivers. And when the coverage shifted to compensate, Burgs Oline would take over and Burg would run run run, then spread you out even further and dink and dunk till you changed etc.... I think this spread is much more ahead than spreads I have seen from many other teams the last few yrs. It will be harder to defend this spread and run, than to play disciplined defense against the wing t. And Minfords Oline is not on par with Ironton or even Jackson from what I can tell. Should be an interesting game. And at Home, I take the Pirates in this one.
Minford played Piketon who threw the ball over 30 times. Issac Brabson is one of the better QB's in Southeastern Ohio, and his weapons on Evan Ferguson, Williams, Royster, Waddell, are no slouches at the skill positions. I will be able to tell you a little more as far as comparing the arms of these two QBs after I see Miller's arm friday night. Brabson was making out-route throws to the edge of the field, which is a difficult high level college throw.
Thanks for the info! I knew piketon was growing as a good SE ohio team. Didnt know if they were throwing that much. One thing about the Pike schedule tho, they are not playing very good teams except for Minford. I mean, Come on Man!! Unioto, Huntington Ross, Zane trace? I wonder if Brabson was just having a field day with the Minford defenders? :122249
Great info on here. Never count Minford out in any game!! I still like my Pirates at home!!

Return to “Football”