Week 10 The Pirates vs. The Senators

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Week 10 The Pirates vs. The Senators

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg will come ready to play. They won't be surprised by the crowd. No stage fright. Just some good ol' smash mouth football. The Burg runs early and often.

Burg 34
West 13

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

demaniac1 wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
indianabuck wrote:Weather will be a factor. Valley found that out against West. I'm not saying burg doesn't win, but think kind of game has favored west this season.

We shall see..... I always thought rain.. wet field favors the bigger Team.... and the running game.....
U know if West had the bigger line they would be saying that also.

Burgs D had better be very disciplined out there tonight. Screens, flat passes, wheel routes are on the way. We are susceptible to the bomb also. Overall it has been good but we continue to make mistakes in coverage. Not good. If we can get pressure on Irwin quick we can limit his passes, but again, watch out for the screen. This west team reminds me of Minford back when Kaskey was a junior. except that Minford had a bigger Oline. They liked to throw the lil flair pass to Rb and quick traps or dives with the fullback. West is small on both sides of the ball but they are well taught. And they have good linebackers as always. Should be a good game. I hope we wear down on them with our oiline and control the clock but we need to score. I look for Davis on Burke and see who can match up with Howard and Jenkins. And interested to see who will be spying on May. If the field is half decent, which it should be, May could have a good night.

Well said... I believe that this game will be Burgs second toughest , Jackson being the first... I also witness this Team responding to adversity after this Jackson game, they became more physical and I think as important if not more they became mentally tough.....

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

The Pirates are big fast and strong, they are Goliath, West is small quick and tough, they are David, Goliath would win 9-10 times, but David has that one fight, and that fight is tonight, At the Rock, Muddy field, 2008 both were 9-0, similar atmosphere, West won 14-7, this is what southern Ohio football is all about, to completely different teams, both wanting a gold ball, who gets it? West wants playoffs, Burg is wanting homefield, The Rock will be pact with everyone on there feet, Burg will not win big, it's the seniors last home game, ever..... One more night at the Rock, one more battle under the lights, We Are West Side, We are West Side...

What's the Word ?

West -27
Burg -21

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Sport Fan wrote:
D_Journey9 wrote:Rain or shine the winner of this game wins by single digits.

I dont think west pep ralley with turning over the burg car will hekp them out tomorrow night.... Just because people say that they will beat west, they are arrogant ........
Please tell me tell actually bench pressed the car a few times before overturning it ?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

To hell with crow, somebody needs a concession trailer parked down there selling biscuits and gravy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's the over/under on the number of deputies there tonight?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Well after last years contest at burg and the way the west players and coaches acted I think there will be an abundance of police there. However I think the new coach has brought a new personality yo the west program. I don't think this game will be anything like last year except the score! Lol good luck pirates. Hoping for an injury free game and some good smash mouth football from both squads. All players need to play their hears out and leave it all on The field!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

And another thing, I won't make the mistake of not taking a screen shot of every post on this thread before it gets deleted tonight, and you know it will. I'd do anything to have last years glorious game thread in the archives for all eternity! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Well after last years contest at burg and the way the west players and coaches acted I think there will be an abundance of police there. However I think the new coach has brought a new personality yo the west program. I don't think this game will be anything like last year except the score! Lol good luck pirates. Hoping for an injury free game and some good smash mouth football from both squads. All players need to play their hears out and leave it all on The field!
I just hope you have your handicap sticker hanging from your rear view mirror before you try to park tonight! :122249

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

WestSideFan2002 wrote:The Pirates are big fast and strong, they are Goliath, West is small quick and tough, they are David, Goliath would win 9-10 times, but David has that one fight, and that fight is tonight, At the Rock, Muddy field, 2008 both were 9-0, similar atmosphere, West won 14-7, this is what southern Ohio football is all about, to completely different teams, both wanting a gold ball, who gets it? West wants playoffs, Burg is wanting homefield, The Rock will be pact with everyone on there feet, Burg will not win big, it's the seniors last home game, ever..... One more night at the Rock, one more battle under the lights, We Are West Side, We are West Side...

What's the Word ?

West -27
Burg -21
The Burg is the Word.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Oaf wrote:To hell with crow, somebody needs a concession trailer parked down there selling biscuits and gravy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's the over/under on the number of deputies there tonight?
Heard Jim Dandy was taking over concessions tonight.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

This is going to he epic. We may be talking about this game for the next couple years. And if by some chance West wins, A Century.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

The Oaf wrote:And another thing, I won't make the mistake of not taking a screen shot of every post on this thread before it gets deleted tonight, and you know it will. I'd do anything to have last years glorious game thread in the archives for all eternity! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This thread is very similar to the Jackson/Burg thread.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Westfan wrote:
The Oaf wrote:And another thing, I won't make the mistake of not taking a screen shot of every post on this thread before it gets deleted tonight, and you know it will. I'd do anything to have last years glorious game thread in the archives for all eternity! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This thread is very similar to the Jackson/Burg thread.
Yes it sure is WF, I can smell it from here even! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

The Oaf wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:Well after last years contest at burg and the way the west players and coaches acted I think there will be an abundance of police there. However I think the new coach has brought a new personality yo the west program. I don't think this game will be anything like last year except the score! Lol good luck pirates. Hoping for an injury free game and some good smash mouth football from both squads. All players need to play their hears out and leave it all on The field!
I just hope you have your handicap sticker hanging from your rear view mirror before you try to park tonight! :122249
I have disabled veteran tags. Mine doesn't hang in the rear view mirror!

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

West playing Waverly & Minford so close is the head scratcher for me. They should have steamrolled both of them on their way to the SOC title. That's what SOC champs have done in the past. West did not. Wheelersburg did.
Of course Ohio State lost to a Virginia Tech team that they should've stomped so anything can happen.
If The Burg turns the ball over at the goal line again this week things may not turn out as well. Can't turn the ball over.
I'll say Pirates by 10 in bad weather.

ty10111
Waterboy

Post by ty10111 »

Old Bulldog wrote:West playing Waverly & Minford so close is the head scratcher for me. They should have steamrolled both of them on their way to the SOC title. That's what SOC champs have done in the past. West did not. Wheelersburg did.
Of course Ohio State lost to a Virginia Tech team that they should've stomped so anything can happen.
If The Burg turns the ball over at the goal line again this week things may not turn out as well. Can't turn the ball over.
I'll say Pirates by 10 in bad weather.

Teams just match up differently. How does Michigan beat Penn State, then Penn State take Ohio State to double OT? Michigan is awful but apparently matched up better against Penn State than O$U, football is great for that reason. So much is mental and recognition and who is just a little off from one week to the next, on top of the obvious physical and scheming parts of the game.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Just a few more hours now!!

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

D_Journey9 wrote:Same old arrogant burg fan base year in year out lol nobody ever is good enough to beat da burg ...burg better not come into this game thinking majority of the way this fan base does or they will be in for a big surprise...I ain't taking away anything from the burg kids they are good every year just this fan base gives them a reputation that they act nothin like

Its called swagger my friend! Come get some! The pirates are the real deal! you will see in about 2 hours lol!

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

looks like its going to be another mud sloppy game for our players to have some fun in....just like at waverly!!!!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

WestSideFan2002 wrote:The Pirates are big fast and strong, they are Goliath, West is small quick and tough, they are David, Goliath would win 9-10 times, but David has that one fight, and that fight is tonight, At the Rock, Muddy field, 2008 both were 9-0, similar atmosphere, West won 14-7, this is what southern Ohio football is all about, to completely different teams, both wanting a gold ball, who gets it? West wants playoffs, Burg is wanting homefield, The Rock will be pact with everyone on there feet, Burg will not win big, it's the seniors last home game, ever..... One more night at the Rock, one more battle under the lights, We Are West Side, We are West Side...

What's the Word ?

West -27
Burg -21
I think David used that 1 fight 3 weeks ago. They used their rock on Valley. Burg will be too much, but West has had a good season.
Burg 35
West 20

Return to “Football”