Waverly(27) @ (31)West

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: WK 8 SOC 2: Waverly (5-2) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

rollside1 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:22 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:01 am
Jolly(senator wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:04 am west:35
Waverly: 7
You're not going to keep waverly out of the end zone once unless they turn the ball over numerous times. They put 46 on Fairland, you let Fairland put 18 on you guys. Waverly is good enough to beat the West side.
Looks like we aren't on the same page. West 28 waverly 14 if that. Not tough, not strong, has speed but west's d will contain the ends. West will beat them into the ground and not let up until the clock stops.
Does containing the ends start this week? From every film I’ve seen, West gets beat to the edge almost every time.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Jolly(senator wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:38 am
Jolly(senator wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:04 am west:35
Waverly: 7
You're not going to keep waverly out of the end zone once unless they turn the ball over numerous times. They put 46 on Fairland, you let Fairland put 18 on you guys. Waverly is good enough to beat the West side.
That was the first game of the year.Bud. Improvements have been made if you cannot tell west is 7-0. Waverly is 5-2.
Waverly got beat by 2 undefeated teams. Who are at the top of their regions. Who has West played? A bunch of no bodies. Wow, you all beat a mediocre Raceland team. Barely. CG is the only thing on West’s resume that looks good. Everything else is pointless to try and argue. Waverly WILL give the Senators everything they want and then some. Don’t sleep on them. They have what it takes to beat West.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

West will show up for sure. I’m going to this game. Should be dandy! I’m rootin for the siders. More 2nd lvl points for burg if west can pull off the win.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

seasick80 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:52 pm West will show up for sure. I’m going to this game. Should be dandy! I’m rootin for the siders. More 2nd lvl points for burg if west can pull off the win.
It doesn’t matter about points. Burg will be #1 seed even if west drop their last 3 games.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:45 am Do any Waverly folks know if Kayne Jordan will be coming back this week? I heard there was a chance he might, but I didn't know how true that was. It would be nice to have him if so.
Brion Peoples may be back which is good.
I seriously doubt Kayne is back. If he was the Tigers win this one for sure. Tigers can still win it, just gonna be more difficult without Mr. Jordan.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Having seen both, I think West is 2 scores better than Waverly. They are just more physical up front. Again, just my opinion based on what I seen the last two weeks.

As for another argument on this thread, Raceland is 2-3 scores better than Coal Grove. Again, based on seeing them each in person.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:00 pm Having seen both, I think West is 2 scores better than Waverly. They are just more physical up front. Again, just my opinion based on what I seen the last two weeks.

As for another argument on this thread, Raceland is 2-3 scores better than Coal Grove. Again, based on seeing them each in person.
The week Waverly played Valley, they were missing starting 2 defensive linemen with injuries. One was back the next week, and if rumors are correct the other should be back this week

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

There’s not much difference in the Waverly v Valley score and the West v Valley score. Missing 2 defensive lineman can make a huge difference. I hope to hear this game was a slug fest.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Fairland got beat by all three SOC opponents.

In order this from worst defeat to least defeat is:

1. Burg 37-6
2. Waverly 46-26
3. West 20-18

Like I said, West needs to worry about Waverly. IT WILL BE there toughest challenge until Burg.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Waverly 42-24 over West.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Westside95
Waterboy

Post by Westside95 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:44 am Fairland got beat by all three SOC opponents.

1. Burg 37-6
2. Waverly 46-26
3. West 20-18

Like I said, West needs to worry about Waverly. IT WILL BE there toughest challenge until Burg.
So what you're saying if West beats Waverly 63-20 then we will beat burg.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West hasn't played the toughest schedule around, but neither has anyone else including Wheelersburg. As far as the Raceland game, they were good. That was a tough environment to win in and honestly West
was alot better than Raceland. The following week Raceland barely lost to Somerset, who some on Kentucky sites are picking to win the State.

Waverly may come in tomorrow and whip West. You never know. Football is football. It's a game of matchups, momentum, and you never know how the ball will bounce. One thing though is you can't compare scores, especially with running clocks. This team is fun to watch because they play so hard and to their ability. West has had teams in the last 10 years with more size, speed, and ability that didn't play to their ability.

SiderFan3
Waterboy

Post by SiderFan3 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:50 am There’s not much difference in the Waverly v Valley score and the West v Valley score. Missing 2 defensive lineman can make a huge difference. I hope to hear this game was a slug fest.
When you take your varsity out half way through the 3rd quarter to let the jv play you wont blow teams out by 40, the score does not show everything. West could have easily put 60 on valley.

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:35 pm

That was the first game of the year.Bud. Improvements have been made if you cannot tell west is 7-0. Waverly is 5-2.
Waverly got beat by 2 undefeated teams. Who are at the top of their regions. Who has West played? A bunch of no bodies. Wow, you all beat a mediocre Raceland team. Barely. CG is the only thing on West’s resume that looks good. Everything else is pointless to try and argue. Waverly WILL give the Senators everything they want and then some. Don’t sleep on them. They have what it takes to beat West.
Don't Waverly is not the only one going to show up to play West has the home field advantage West will win by two or three scores.

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

Jolly(senator wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:08 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:35 pm

Waverly is not the only one going to show up to play West has the home field advantage West will win by two or three scores.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

should be a good close game... might go to this one

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Westfan wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:42 am West hasn't played the toughest schedule around, but neither has anyone else including Wheelersburg. As far as the Raceland game, they were good. That was a tough environment to win in and honestly West
was alot better than Raceland. The following week Raceland barely lost to Somerset, who some on Kentucky sites are picking to win the State.

Waverly may come in tomorrow and whip West. You never know. Football is football. It's a game of matchups, momentum, and you never know how the ball will bounce. One thing though is you can't compare scores, especially with running clocks. This team is fun to watch because they play so hard and to their ability. West has had teams in the last 10 years with more size, speed, and ability that didn't play to their ability.
Your second to last statement is what makes the 2017 Senators unique. They are not blessed with exceptional talent or athleticism, yet they play hard nosed winning football.

After wading through the thread and eliminating the sophomoric chest thumping comments, I conclude West should win by keeping Waverly's offense on the sideline. Dominating the Tiger defensive line and winning the time of possession with a running game between the tackles should be West's ticket to a 28-18 victory.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:44 am Fairland got beat by all three SOC opponents.

1. Burg 37-6
2. Waverly 46-26
3. West 20-18

Again first game of the season

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

Omega wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:44 am
Westfan wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:42 am West hasn't played the toughest schedule around, but neither has anyone else including Wheelersburg. As far as the Raceland game, they were good. That was a tough environment to win in and honestly West

Your second to last statement is what makes the 2017 Senators unique. They are not blessed with exceptional talent or athleticism, yet they play hard nosed winning football.

After wading through the thread and eliminating the sophomoric chest thumping comments, I conclude West should win by keeping Waverly's offense on the sideline. Dominating the Tiger defensive line and winning the time of possession with a running game between the tackles should be West's ticket to a 28-18 victory.
They definitely will have to come out and play Friday if they don't keep contain they'll definitely get behind, but what from i've seen West is a second half team.It's going to be a close one going into the fourth but i think the siders will pull away with the win this week.

Westside95
Waterboy

Post by Westside95 »

What quality win does Waverly have that makes everyone think they are so good. Unioto? You can't count Piketon since Valley beat them.

Return to “Football”