Ironton v Burg 2020

SpeedKillz

Re: Ironton v Burg 2021

Post by SpeedKillz »

I often wonder if the burg fan base forsee any changes that are likely say in the next 3 to 4 yrs? Is it possible burg will eventually attempt to modernize their staff, coaching, development, in a similar fashion or do they just continue to be dated as a program and resentful as a fan base?

Fair question?

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Did I read a while back that they want try to set the alltime attendance record at the tank at this game.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Transfers, [ types of recruiting] etc are ALL per as normal for prep & collegiate sports. Social Media promotion is per as normal for prep & collegiate sports in 2021. None of it is abnormal, immoral, irregular, inefficient, or incindiary. It's all regular sh*t! It's not 1994 anymore, nobody gaf about van halen, regattas suck, so does country music, nobody gaf about ya trans am, figure out the clean water riddle ya havent mastered in 40 years, turn off the back to the future marathon and live with it. 😂😂

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:29 pm I often wonder if the burg fan base forsee any changes that are likely say in the next 3 to 4 yrs? Is it possible burg will eventually attempt to modernize their staff, coaching, development, in a similar fashion or do they just continue to be dated as a program and resentful as a fan base?

Fair question?
Woodward and staff will be there as long as they want to be. Yeah, Ironton currently on the upswing, but Burg hasn’t exactly been a pushover last couple of seasons.

Burg will win around 7-8 games this year, and be even better the following year. They’ll probably have 70-80 kids on their roster this year. Their 8th grade class (for this upcoming season) is loaded at all positions with around 30 kids out. Point being, the talent-level is still pretty solid there. Burg ain’t disappearing anytime soon and neither is the coaching staff.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:29 pm I often wonder if the burg fan base forsee any changes that are likely say in the next 3 to 4 yrs? Is it possible burg will eventually attempt to modernize their staff, coaching, development, in a similar fashion or do they just continue to be dated as a program and resentful as a fan base?

Fair question?
Dated? The last team of these two to win a championship was burg. And they did it without any extra players somehow.

I think burgs coaching staff is top notch in the area.

They do the best with what they have not with what they can get.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:28 am

Fair question?
Dated? The last team of these two to win a championship was burg. And they did it without any extra players somehow.

Oh ok :roll: :lol: :lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Go Pirates!

The real deal.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Fair question?

Absolutely laughable. Wheelersburg has for years in S.Co
Was what Ironton is to L.Co
Your living in a dream world if you think otherwise

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Taylormade wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:12 pm

Fair question?

Absolutely laughable. Wheelersburg has for years in S.Co
Was what Ironton is to L.Co
Your living in a dream world if you think otherwise
Apples and oranges. Burg and ironton have always had kids attend their schools from neighboring schools. I’m talking about high school transfers.

I don’t know of many players that’s come to burg from another high school during high school years except for the kid that came last year from Ashland and the kid a couple of years ago from ironton. But I’ve heard about many that’s came to ironton in the last three seasons. One every now and then I can see for these two schools but the amount that ironton has had lately is very unusual. Easier to win when you get several kids from other schools in high school that can play.

If this was going on at burg, this forum would be lit up with people commenting on it.

Like I said, this may be the future but I hope not. It’s killed college sports in my opinion

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ok I’ve beat that horse to death on my soapbox. It is what it is anyway.

Burg needs to play a great game to knock off the tigers but I think they will be better than last year.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:35 pm Transfers, [ types of recruiting] etc are ALL per as normal for prep & collegiate sports. Social Media promotion is per as normal for prep & collegiate sports in 2021. None of it is abnormal, immoral, irregular, inefficient, or incindiary. It's all regular sh*t! It's not 1994 anymore, nobody gaf about van halen, regattas suck, so does country music, nobody gaf about ya trans am, figure out the clean water riddle ya havent mastered in 40 years, turn off the back to the future marathon and live with it. 😂😂
What medication, prescribed or not, are you currently taking? "Social media promotion IS PER as normal for prep & collegiate sports in 2021." huh? is per? What an odd fellow...

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

I don’t care about who transfers where, I don’t support either school, but I do enjoy watching both play. That said let’s be honest. Both of these schools get kids who transfer in. 2 off the top of my head for each are Master to Ironton from Burg & a few years back Lowery from Portsmouth to Burg. Both transferred during high school, it is what it is. I’ll tell you all right now, I’d be tickled if Portsmouth had half the amount of transfers as these 2 schools. Kids & parents want to win, it’s where we are in 2021. Better get used to it.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Agreed...if it isn’t your kid...it’s not your concern

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I enjoy reading this thread…..hahaha……..there’s not a school around that wouldn’t love to be in. The shoes of programs like Burg and Ironton.I wanna see a round #2 with a state trip on the line inside Jackson’s Staduim.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Richard Noggin
Riding the Bench

Post by Richard Noggin »

Heard Burg just lost a couple kids.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Richard Noggin wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:53 pm Heard Burg just lost a couple kids.
Where did they lose them? :lol:

Richard Noggin
Riding the Bench

Post by Richard Noggin »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:01 pm
Richard Noggin wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:53 pm Heard Burg just lost a couple kids.
In free agency. :lol:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Richard Noggin wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:50 pm
I hope Wobycat don’t see this 😳

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:54 pm
Richard Noggin wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:50 pm

I hope Wobycat don’t see this 😳
Already been discussed. They weren’t playing football anyway. Good luck to those kids wherever they went.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Paulcrew wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:13 pm Burg finally came off the porch in 82 and 83... took the L both years and like a cicada went back into hiding until the 90’s
Dominant since the 70’s? many years in 70s and early 80s you wouldn’t have won the OVC because Coal Grove would eat you several times
They actually played head to head in the 80's...record from '80 - '89 was 7-3 in favor of the Pirates. If you go by "early" 80's CG did have the advantage going 3-2 from '80-'84...then Burg won the next 12

Return to “Football”