West at BURG

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Re: West at BURG

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:42 pm
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:18 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:53 pm

You being an Ironton fan you are freaking hilarious talking about character with the officials. Does the name Mahlmeister ring a bell to you???? They were brothers that officiated a lot of Ironton's bigger games back in the 90's and 2000's. Trust me, there lack of character goes way beyond horrible in what the three officials that officiated the Burg-West game.
You are still having problems seeing the big picture issue of ethics and sportsmanship here and how it leads to a conflict of interest. Your use of whataboutism arguments are just weak. The conflict of interest starts with W'burg's AD scheduling these alumni refs to work their league games in the first place, and these refs should also realize the problem it creates with the integrity of the game. It all comes down to ethics, sportsmanship and respecting the integrity of the game, and W'burg has proven time after time they have zero respect for any of these. There are much deeper issues of character within the Wburg program at hand than trying to justify the use of alumni refs during league games.

Trying to justify this is nothing more than you trying to fool yourself or doing a really bad job of trying to fool everyone else into believing it's something benign. Kinda like sticking an assistant coach on the sidelines of an opposing team during a regional championship and then, once caught, trying to convince everyone he was just a member of the media.
This coming from an Ironton fan whose school just used hometown refs in an attempt to screw over Moeller with 12 penalties (compared to just 3 against Ironton). Sorry, but you have no credibility with regards to sportsmanship and ethics.

As for the sideline reporter, he was not an assistant coach. Now you sound like the crazy coach and AD from Middletown Madison.
Moeller wasn't a league game, and Moeller won the game. You're still justifying your use of alumni refs in league games instead of seeing these practices as for what they really are: Wburg's lack of respect for the integrity of the game in a win at all costs mentality. This is why Ironton is receiving all these transfers.

Your weak justification and reasoning: I think Ironton did this, so that gives me the right to cheat and stack the deck in league games that have nothing do with Ironton...... If you actually believe this, then it's sociopathic reasoning. All this comes down to is a deeper issue of character within the Wburg admin. Local parents are starting to realize this and they're sending their athletic kids to Ironton, and that's why burg will be sitting at home after this week and Ironton will be moving onwards to another regional championship.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:59 pm
RBH23 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:42 pm

You are still having problems seeing the big picture issue of ethics and sportsmanship here and how it leads to a conflict of interest. Your use of whataboutism arguments are just weak. The conflict of interest starts with W'burg's AD scheduling these alumni refs to work their league games in the first place, and these refs should also realize the problem it creates with the integrity of the game. It all comes down to ethics, sportsmanship and respecting the integrity of the game, and W'burg has proven time after time they have zero respect for any of these. There are much deeper issues of character within the Wburg program at hand than trying to justify the use of alumni refs during league games.

Trying to justify this is nothing more than you trying to fool yourself or doing a really bad job of trying to fool everyone else into believing it's something benign. Kinda like sticking an assistant coach on the sidelines of an opposing team during a regional championship and then, once caught, trying to convince everyone he was just a member of the media.
This coming from an Ironton fan whose school just used hometown refs in an attempt to screw over Moeller with 12 penalties (compared to just 3 against Ironton). Sorry, but you have no credibility with regards to sportsmanship and ethics.

As for the sideline reporter, he was not an assistant coach. Now you sound like the crazy coach and AD from Middletown Madison.
Moeller wasn't a league game, and Moeller won the game. You're still justifying your use of alumni refs in league games instead of seeing these practices as for what they really are: Wburg's lack of respect for the integrity of the game in a win at all costs mentality. This is why Ironton is receiving all these transfers.

Your weak justification and reasoning: I think Ironton did this, so that gives me the right to cheat and stack the deck in league games that have nothing do with Ironton...... If you actually believe this, then it's sociopathic reasoning. All this comes down to is a deeper issue of character within the Wburg admin. Local parents are starting to realize this and they're sending their athletic kids to Ironton, and that's why burg will be sitting at home after this week and Ironton will be moving onwards to another regional championship.
So it’s okay to screw over a non-league team on statewide tv? The officiating was so bad that the spectrum broadcasters were commenting on it, even laughing about it!

Now if the Burg refs did that to West, I would agree that they have grounds to complain. But that didn’t happen. In fact, it was the exact opposite; Burg was penalized more!

As for your chest pounding over Ironton football… since Ironton’s last state title, Burg has won three baseball state titles, a softball state title, the softball little league World Series, and a football state title. Get back to me when Ironton actually wins something of note.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I almost deleted the post this morning at 3am but like an idiot I left it.

And now I believe I’m just going to let it go but I tell you to leave it here - Don’t bring this into the current game threads.

It is the same stuff every year and it does not ever change anyones opinion nor does it make this site better.

I will step down from my soap box now.

Thank you.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Westfan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:52 am No one from West said we were hosed. And the people that keep bringing it up are not even from West

But yes those 3 guys should not be contracted by Wheelersburg to do games. I was told one of their sons is even a coach at Wheelersburg Junior High.

And if you’re asking yes they are bad. Really bad. If you watch that film they were bad.

And for the guy saying Wheelersburg was penalized more than West, maybe you need to think about that one week apart the same two team’s played again and it changed from West getting blown out to almost winning. Right? And besides West playing a cleaner game what changed?
The Fact is that these 3 guys over the years have been contacted by the AD for West at their home for this same game!!!

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

True Lucas, most of these idoit post are from people that have no life, only to try and discredit most viewers. In truth they can't play. coach or officate football. They just try and bring people down to there level. ROCK BOTTOM.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:31 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:53 pm

You being an Ironton fan you are freaking hilarious talking about character with the officials. Does the name Mahlmeister ring a bell to you???? They were brothers that officiated a lot of Ironton's bigger games back in the 90's and 2000's. Trust me, there lack of character goes way beyond horrible in what the three officials that officiated the Burg-West game.

Burg got caught stealing signals and transmitting them huh? But skated out of it cause the other party didnt want to pursue what couldve been a potentailly expensive litigation right? So when burg fans say that burg is "innocent" of this, truth is they just got away without really being investigated huh? What year was that?

Hard to tell what else there is.

...........and there it is folks!!!!! The Madison game is brought up ONCE again!!!!

If I really thought I had a real chance of winning a lawsuit I'm pretty sure I wouldn't drop it. THEY HAD NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, the sad thing about that game is Burg let Madison stick around because Kaskey let up in the second half and should have buried them when he had the chance. Madison could not stop Holden all night. He would simply run by the defense and they had to grab him to stop him and take the penalty. Kaskey just went away from it in the second half and let Madison sneak back into the game.

The sad thing is if Burg did know the play, the TE came wide open and the QB threw it about 10 feet above his head. No one to blame but themselves. They were just pissed because Burg beat them the year before in the State semi-final game, then the next year Burg somehow got put into Region 20 and Burg beat them in the regional final. No way a little poedunk school like Burg should have beaten them two years in a row.

I guess you clowns will always that BS to fall back on!!! It's all you fools ever have and it's lame as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Sport Fan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:17 am
Westfan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:52 am No one from West said we were hosed. And the people that keep bringing it up are not even from West

But yes those 3 guys should not be contracted by Wheelersburg to do games. I was told one of their sons is even a coach at Wheelersburg Junior High.

And if you’re asking yes they are bad. Really bad. If you watch that film they were bad.

And for the guy saying Wheelersburg was penalized more than West, maybe you need to think about that one week apart the same two team’s played again and it changed from West getting blown out to almost winning. Right? And besides West playing a cleaner game what changed?
The Fact is that these 3 guys over the years have been contacted by the AD for West at their home for this same game!!!
IMO West hiring 3 guys from Wheelersburg to do a West/Wheelersburg game is stupid.

But Wheelersburg doing it looks bad period no matter how you spin it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Try being an AD and see how hard it is to get crews in. One phone call to the burgs ad and he will tell you.

Return to “Football”