SEOAL Game of the Week Ironton @ Logan

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Toy Cannon,

Please answer the question. What high school team have you seen live this year that is better than Logan. And as for Envy. I invented it. No one has Tiger envy. Who envies a .500 team???

You will have plenty of time to do your chores because Ironton sits on the porch this year while the big dogs play. Heck even Triplett got you guys to the playoffs. LUTZ has lost it.

And you guys prove how little football you know when you say Zville is nothing without Gaiters. He is good but his team mates help him. For example their fullback is better than Murphy.

YTB,
Please don't tell me the Tigers have not learned to tackle all year and are going to learn in one week. Reality check time.

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Post by R.I.P. BillSauerField »

Logan isn't taking ANYTHING lightly. Logan's heads aren't big and the TEAM is not cocky. THE FANS AND POSTERS are cocky and big headed and they have every right to be. But the TEAM and COACHES are nothing but class, and they don't "run up the score" it's just that defenses can't stop it. Once Logan gets up by so much, all Logan does is run the ball to keep the clock running, it just so happens the other team can't stop it.
Logan knows they are beatable if they don't come out and execute and just play their game. They haven't went into a week "over confident" all year! So what gives you the idea that they will take the last (regular) season game on the hilltop lightly? This team will be JACKED up for this one. The pep rally and everything won't distract them at all, it will just get them more pumped. Also, they are going to watch a short highlight film right before they go out and play to get them even more fired up.
It's going to be an awesome atmosphere, and I can't wait!
Don't get mad at Ironton posters either. They are allowed to pick their beloved team in this one, no matter how bad they know it's probably not going to happen. I know Ironton isn't just going to back down and let Logan destroy them, with that said though, Logan is still too much for the Tigers.

Be safe driving Itown fans and good luck parking! ;-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

jenna's daddy wrote:Logan 48 Ironton 6
Good Luck Logan in playoffs..ditto to Zanesville
In the old days Ironton still with the 80's and early 90's teams still would have had a hard game if they played this Logan team. they just don't have the numbers and the size to compete each week. Not to dismiss the Zanesville team which was Gaithers all night, they would have beaten them with the teams they have had easily...but not this Logan team. they are a good D II team. Ironton will be better next year with the whole backfield back,,but you have to get better on the line to compete with the Logan's out there. hopefully (not likely) that the following posts this week will be nice. Good Luck to the SEOAL in the playoffs
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------HEY, FLAP DADDY. YEAH, YOU. you say you want nice posts then post this shiiizizle. i gar-on tee, you are a good d2 team. you have proved it, we believe. BUT WE ALSO STILL BELIEVE WE CAN BEST YOU . THE PAST IS THE PAST, YOU SAY . so are the last 9 games then. WE ARE COMING TO LOGAN WITH EVERY INTENTIONS OF CLOSING DOWN YOU'R FIELD ON A SOUR NOTE. HERE'S SOME PAST STATS THAT MAY INTEREST YOU THOUGH. THEY PERTAIN TO OUR HEAD COACH, BOB LUTZ.

HE HAS BEEN A HEAD COACH FOR 37 YEARS.
HE HAS A PLAYOFF RECORD OF--36-22. THATS 58 PLAYOFF GAMES.
HE HAS 23 UNDEFEATED SEASONS.
HIS RECORD TO DATE-336 WINS-74 LOSSES. -5 TIES
HE AVERAGES 9.3 WINS A SEASON.
SINCE 1972, THEY HAVE WENT TO THE PLAYOFFS 26 TIMES.
THEY HAVE BEEN 11 YEARS IN A ROW.
HIS RECORD IN PLAYOFFS ALONE IS 36-22.
LEAGUE CHAMPION COACH-22 TIMES
LEAGUE COACH OF THE YEAR-14 YEARS
DISTRICT COACH OF THE YEAR 11 TIMES
STATE RUNNERS UP 6 TIMES
AND STATE CHAMPIONSHIP COACH 2 TIMES.

I GUESS WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS WE AIN'T SKEERED, AND WE ARE 16-5 AGAINST LOGAN. SO WE ARE PLENTY CAPABLE OF PULLING OFF THIS SEEMINGLY IMPOSSIBLE WIN. our pedigree says , we've been here before. last time i'll bring these stats up. but talk to me when logan's coach does this feat. are we in a rebuiling year, yes, are we very young, yes. can logan be beat by us this year, maybe not. BUT LOOK AT OUR PEDIGREE SINCE BOB LUTZ HAS BEEN HERE, HE HAS NOT FORGOTTEN HOW TO COACH, JUST GOT A YOUNG TEAM, MAKING TOO MANY MISTAKES RIGHT NOW. MAY TAKE A PERFECT GAME, BUT WE ARE CAPABLE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

2trap_4ever wrote:
tl895 wrote:bet they play the starters a long time friday just to run it up to make a statement :?

Like Ironton use to do, lets face facts, Ironton has had the score ran up on them alot this year and not to make the fightin tigger fans mad on here, but, THE TIGERS HAD IT COMING, Everyone in I-Town should have known that a season like this one was coming sooner or later, that you would have a team that is good but when taking on better teams they would lay it on you.[/quote

Didn't we just go through the name calling with Logan? Do we call you the Coal Grove bumble bees or yellow jackets? It is and will always be
THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

I don't see much Fight in those Tigers, but I usually call them Tigers.

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

Lutz has not lost it! You are just wishing he has. We have said from the outset that our team is very young this year and will take their lumps. Having said that, next year will be another story. We can afford to be gracious to arrogant, rude people that are and will always be jealous of the Ironton Fighting Tiger history. Get over it! The next 3-4 years look very good for the Tigers and we still have the legendary Lutz and company to lead the way. I keep reading all these posts from Logan criticizing Ironton and Coach Lutz and you really do have a big chip on your shoulder. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

2old wrote:Toy Cannon,

Please answer the question. What high school team have you seen live this year that is better than Logan. And as for Envy. I invented it. No one has Tiger envy. Who envies a .500 team???

You will have plenty of time to do your chores because Ironton sits on the porch this year while the big dogs play. Heck even Triplett got you guys to the playoffs. LUTZ has lost it.

And you guys prove how little football you know when you say Zville is nothing without Gaiters. He is good but his team mates help him. For example their fullback is better than Murphy.

YTB,
Please don't tell me the Tigers have not learned to tackle all year and are going to learn in one week. Reality check time.

West Jefferson for 1 is a pretty good team. No one has ever had Cheiftain envy you gotta do something worth being envious before someone will be envious of you.
I got a question you guys are used to sitting at home come playoff time so since im a rookie at it and your the expert what do you do on those nights when your season is over?

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

:roll: go play basketball or stay in shape for track/baseball season ;-)

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Mama,
You are like so many ironton posters. More crap has been posted by ironton fans the last two years than any group.

First you all told us how you were gonna dominatre the league last year. It did not happen and you had a 6-4 regular season.

Then this year LUTZ came back(after you fans ran the other guy out of town). And he will finish .500. I don't care how old your players are. They are going to get tired of losing to Logan if the Tigers are on the Chieftain schedule the next two years.

Basically the Iroton posters made their collective bed so now you all have to lie in it.

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

and i hope you all like my new avatar :shock:

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

i was thinking come and root on the leagues best team

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Toy Cannon,
Now let the whole world know how much football knowledge youi have. Do you seriously believe West Jeff would beat Logan????

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

2old wrote:Mama,
You are like so many ironton posters. More crap has been posted by ironton fans the last two years than any group.

First you all told us how you were gonna dominatre the league last year. It did not happen and you had a 6-4 regular season.

Then this year LUTZ came back(after you fans ran the other guy out of town). And he will finish .500. I don't care how old your players are. They are going to get tired of losing to Logan if the Tigers are on the Chieftain schedule the next two years.

Basically the Iroton posters made their collective bed so now you all have to lie in it.

You really are 2old because your memory is shot. I have not ever come on here and bashed any team the way Logan does nor will I. I have too much respect for the kids that play the game, not the worn out wannabes that never cut it in high school and try to relive it through their children or other relatives. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
As far as next year, you just might be eating your words and then what will you do? Probably cry in your beer about how Bob Lutz doesn't play fair. Get over it and grow up! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This topic has become repetitive and boring. I am finished with it. :roll:
Last edited by tigermama on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

d1--
you're rooting for ironton too?? :lol:

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Well mama maybe you don't read what your fellow Ironton posters write. yOUR issue is with them. I just think you guys put too much pressure on your kids. They just don't seem to have it like the Tigers of 1989.

You leaving this post is no surprise. Ironton is known to cut and run when the going gets tough.

You need to understand that Logan will be better next year. Ironton being so small does not have a chance.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

he`s back glad to see ya aboard ;-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
jenna's daddy wrote:Logan 48 Ironton 6
Good Luck Logan in playoffs..ditto to Zanesville
In the old days Ironton still with the 80's and early 90's teams still would have had a hard game if they played this Logan team. they just don't have the numbers and the size to compete each week. Not to dismiss the Zanesville team which was Gaithers all night, they would have beaten them with the teams they have had easily...but not this Logan team. they are a good D II team. Ironton will be better next year with the whole backfield back,,but you have to get better on the line to compete with the Logan's out there. hopefully (not likely) that the following posts this week will be nice. Good Luck to the SEOAL in the playoffs
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------HEY, FLAP DADDY. YEAH, YOU. you say you want nice posts then post this shiiizizle. i gar-on tee, you are a good d2 team. you have proved it, we believe. BUT WE ALSO STILL BELIEVE WE CAN BEST YOU . THE PAST IS THE PAST, YOU SAY . so are the last 9 games then. WE ARE COMING TO LOGAN WITH EVERY INTENTIONS OF CLOSING DOWN YOU'R FIELD ON A SOUR NOTE. HERE'S SOME PAST STATS THAT MAY INTEREST YOU THOUGH. THEY PERTAIN TO OUR HEAD COACH, BOB LUTZ.

HE HAS BEEN A HEAD COACH FOR 37 YEARS.
HE HAS A PLAYOFF RECORD OF--36-22. THATS 58 PLAYOFF GAMES.
HE HAS 23 UNDEFEATED SEASONS.
HIS RECORD TO DATE-336 WINS-74 LOSSES. -5 TIES
HE AVERAGES 9.3 WINS A SEASON.
SINCE 1972, THEY HAVE WENT TO THE PLAYOFFS 26 TIMES.
THEY HAVE BEEN 11 YEARS IN A ROW.
HIS RECORD IN PLAYOFFS ALONE IS 36-22.
LEAGUE CHAMPION COACH-22 TIMES
LEAGUE COACH OF THE YEAR-14 YEARS
DISTRICT COACH OF THE YEAR 11 TIMES
STATE RUNNERS UP 6 TIMES
AND STATE CHAMPIONSHIP COACH 2 TIMES.

I GUESS WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS WE AIN'T SKEERED, AND WE ARE 16-5 AGAINST LOGAN. SO WE ARE PLENTY CAPABLE OF PULLING OFF THIS SEEMINGLY IMPOSSIBLE WIN. our pedigree says , we've been here before. last time i'll bring these stats up. but talk to me when logan's coach does this feat. are we in a rebuiling year, yes, are we very young, yes. can logan be beat by us this year, maybe not. BUT LOOK AT OUR PEDIGREE SINCE BOB LUTZ HAS BEEN HERE, HE HAS NOT FORGOTTEN HOW TO COACH, JUST GOT A YOUNG TEAM, MAKING TOO MANY MISTAKES RIGHT NOW. MAY TAKE A PERFECT GAME, BUT WE ARE CAPABLE.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- TELL ME YOU DON'T HAVE TIGER ENVY, WHEN YOU DON'T RESPOND TO A POST LIKE THIS ONE, I CHALLENGE YOU TO POST COACH AMYX'S CAREER, SIDE BY SIDE TO THIS. YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED OUT, DO IT. :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

I do not have Tiger Envy. They were a .600 team last year and a .500 team this year. You have not won the state while these kids playing today have been alive. I like the history of the Tigers. It is just that history. I like woody Hayes and Jim Brown too. Time to get in the 2000's. Ironton has won NOTHING in football during the 2000's. Reality check again.
Last edited by 2old on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

thats irrelevant...how many coaches have a resume like that??

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

2old wrote:Toy Cannon,
Now let the whole world know how much football knowledge youi have. Do you seriously believe West Jeff would beat Logan????

You asked if Ive seen a team better than Logan I responded by yes I have West Jefferson. Does that mean I think they would beat Logan no I dont think they would whys that because they are a DV team. The numbers game would be too much for them. If they were a bigger school then yes I think they would win.

Return to “Football”