Playoffs: D4 #7 New Lexington (8-2) @ #2 Westfall (10-0)

jkumpire
Waterboy

Hold on a minute

Post by jkumpire »

No MVL Forum fan dissed Westfall, it's school or stadium. No one really dissed your league either, even though there is some/a lot of evidence to show that your league is not very strong. But since you guys cruised through it, does it matter now? NL cruised through its league until weeks 8 and 9.

Obviously you are an excellent team and program, coming from nowhere 5 or 6 years ago to get in the playoffs yearly, and you are a power in SE Ohio FB. To go 10-0 is a great job, and hey you had a Regional tournament volleyball team too, so nobody is dissing your school.

But you guys have thrown some smack around this week, and while you may:

1. Blow New Lex out of the water with your speed and spread.
2. Blow NL out in the 3rd quarter when they won't know what hit them
3. Grind down NL in the 2nd half because of your powerful offense
4. Shut down NL's weak offense with your speedy, and very determined defense..........

On a related note: someone has to get a clue about the Westfall QB situation. The kid is undefeated, and he obviously did the job. It's hard to sit as a Senior, but to rip a SO. really is low.

You may not either. Good luck tomorrow, and play well.

Will officiate anything-- But Baseball Season is Never Far Away!
Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Good luck to the

Panthers

One more win for the MVL

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

pantherfan1997 welcome to SEOP, I posted that because it seemed like you were just taking words from here to P!ss everyone off over there. And if my wodrds are going to be used I like to be able to defend them. And I must say that from what I read over there some of the fans were quit rude to say the least.

JK we have talked on here several times over the last couple years, And I have no beef with you. However, it gets rather tiresome year in and year out hearing that the SVC is weak. we already know what the league is like, BUT no matter how bad it is we have
1. gotten into the playoffs the last 5 years now
2. advanced to the second round the last 2 years.
3. would have LOVED the chance to play New Lex last year.

I just think that sometimes you need to look past the league and no one ever wants to do that for this team. Do I see Westfall winning against New Lex? YES I see them winning this region, I have seen them wnning this region since the last game of last year. WHY because I know these boys and their determination, and have the ability.Besides we are not a great B-ball team so they want to stay on the f-ball field as long as possible.
and I can promise you and everyone else this, the tapes do not do them justice. you do not realize the speed they have until you see it in person.

These boys get a bum rap from everyone all because of the "LEAGUE" they are in, SO yes I am going to praise them every chance get. ESPECIALLY the defense, Because they are that good.

OH and the playooff team that WE beat, Circleville, well they won their first round game, What does Minford losing have to do with Westfall, we did not play them.
I am however sorry Minford lost.
Last edited by mstangmom on Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

RossCoBBfan wrote:do you really have over 13,000 posts? thats either real impressive or real obsessive..lol

honestly mom dont think the comment about the panthers was needed do you? And you were the one that brought up the mascot angle, dont chastize when someone is offended.

Good luck to the Mustangs, I just think you are a little bit over the top, and before your wingman 93 steps in, thats just my opinion, not an attack, seems to me she can handle herself.

The funny thing is I made the same comment last year when we played Ironton just using the tigers (since c-ville is the tigers) and not one person was bothered by it, in fact it was taken as a joke then. but let me mention anything that refers to SE and wing-T gets all offended.

See RossCoBBfan if you go through almost every thread that refers to the SVC Wing-T has picked apart anything he can that I post in order to have confrontation with me. Now why should he take offense to it now when SE is done with football for the season? he intentionally seeks me out in every thread on here. Now if I had known he was so sensitive that one little innocent comment like that was going to bother him, oh who am I kidding I would have posted it anyways.

And you are right I can defend myself on here have been for several years now, and I will probably be up all night since my name seems to be mentioned so much on just this page, But I welcome all comment from 93 because it is nice to finally have another Westfall poster on here after 5 years of being on here alone.

Oh and for the 13,442 posts, not much else to do after surgey last year, so yes I was on here a lot. and when the chat wasn't active I was playing ing the games forum.

jkumpire
Waterboy

Mustang Mom

Post by jkumpire »

Yes, we have spoken many times recently.

Someone made a point on MVL Forum saying that the MVL is a weak league, Nl is a weak tea, and your league has played a bunch of playoff teams etc.

Minford was one of the playoff teams that was brought up as showing your league plays good people, etc. That's why they came up.

But as I said above, the league does not matter in many ways now. NL is a good team. so is Westfall, let's have at it and see what happens.

Will officiate anything-- But Baseball Season is Never Far Away!
mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Understood JK, I went back and read through that mess, I see where it was brought up that Piketon AND huntington both LOST to a playoff team (Mnford) But it was after some said something about comparing non league schedules. doesn't matter I just wanted to point out that we did not play Minford we played Circleville.. I also went back through everything posted on here, Not once is how strong/weak one league or the other is mentioned so there was really no need to bring it up on here.

to everyone else the biggest thing brought up on this thread is our DEFENSE. which is AWESOME. If you have a beef with what was said on the MVL board then take it up with them over there not me on here. I tried your message board once when we played West M, I was treated like crap and refuse to go back there.

BTW Whoever PDGA is over there HE LIED folks there are no injuries from our team. Ben and zane are just fine and healthy, I saw them yesterday at the school laughing and joking at the weight room.

another side note, in the paper yesterday they had the rosters for both teams posted looks pretty even height and weight wise. Nice article BMAN and I liked the way it was written up.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Mustangs gear up for New Lex ground game
http://www.chillicothegazette.com/apps/ ... /711030329
By PHIL GRAY
Gazette Sports Writer

Comparisons like this aren't really fair, but if you're looking for some perspective on what you'll see on the field tonight in Williamsport, here it is:

"If you want to compare them to a team in the league, they remind me a lot of Adena," Westfall coach Scott Keller said of New Lexington, the Week 11 playoff opponent of the Mustangs. "They're a double-tight, I team that's going to run the ball, run the ball, run the ball, run the ball. And when they think you're biting on the run, they're going to play-action pass."

Sometimes.

Sometimes they just run the ball some more.
New Lexington's offense orbits around the ground pounding of senior running back Will Hicks, a 5-foot-10, 180-pounder who got absolutely gross in putting up numbers in a Week 7 win over Columbus Hartley. In that game, the Panthers fed Hicks the ball on the ground 41 times, and he force-fed himself to Hartley's defense, running up 321 yards and four touchdowns. In nine regular season games, Hicks ran for a total of 1,201 yards, but missed the 100-yard plateau four times - the worst of which was a 20-yard, seven carry game against Philo in Week 2.

"He's a nice little running back," Keller said. "Great runner - one of those kids who are always moving the pile and falling forward. Charting his yards, probably half of them come after contact. Just a solid, hard-nosed, fundamentally sound football player."

On the other side of New Lex's offense is a sophomore quarterback with some really forward-thinking ancestors (the guy's named Clint Cannon - how cool is that?).

"We have three of their films, and you can see him getting better every week," Keller said. "You can see he's got some skills, but their big thing is running the ball."

As far as Cannon goes, his best game was Week 3 against Philo (helping to explain Hicks' poor showing that night). But even that wasn't over the top. Cannon went 11-for-13 for 105 yards and three touchdowns, while running the ball 18 times for 106 yards. Through the air, Cannon has only five 100 yard-plus games despite throwing the ball a fair number of times every time out.

As a team, New Lex has a strong tradition of winning football, but is down this year from years past. (And understand that "down" is a relative term; the Panthers are back in the playoffs, after all.)

After winning 22 straight regular-season games - a streak that dates back to 2005 - the Panthers' streak ended this year in a Week 8 14-7 loss to John Glenn. After that, New Lex was blown out by 40 points in Week 9 by Tri-Valley before getting back on track with a touchdown-win over Sheridan in the finale.

With the New Lex's straightforward weapons on offense, a lot of responsibility tonight will fall on Westfall's defense.

Which is fine with its coach.

"Our offense sells tickets. Our defense wins games," said Keller - a born and bred offensive guy.

The way Westfall's defense has shaped up is no accident.

"We talked a lot about this last January, even before Bart resigned," Keller said (Bart, of course, is former Westfall coach Scott Bartholomew). "You go to all these clinics and you hear all these successful coaches talking, and they always talk about building their defense first and going from there. So, after we identified our quarterback and sat him aside, we took the best 11 football players we had and we built our defense. The rest go on offense - and some of them play both ways. But definitely, the best 11 kids are on our defense."

It's a philosophy that has paid off on the field.

"You want a great stat?" Keller said. "I love this stat. We've won 25 straight regular-season games. That's about twelve hundred minutes of football. You know how many of those minutes these kids have trailed?"

How many, coach?

"Three."

For the record, that was this year, in the season opener against Teays Valley.

"They went up 8-7, then we went 65 yards in three minutes and took the lead 14-8," Keller said. "And that was it. Plus, these same kids that are seniors now have been playing varsity since they were sophomores, and they've been in tough situations in the playoffs, so you kind of know how they're going to respond."

Week 11 is hardly something new for the Mustangs. It's been a part of life for the past five years in southwest Pickaway County.

Which helps.

"This is the fifth year in a row, but I think the other four years were different than this one," Keller said. "This senior class is so laid back and relaxed that it's not even funny. They show up, they do what they're supposed to do, they bust their butts while they're doing it. But they have fun, too. For 21¼2 hours every day in practice, we have a blast.

"We're all just a bunch of dirt-road kids from nowhere, man."

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

the article from the circleville herald can be found at

http://www.circlevilleherald.com/
Had to change the link sry folks, when you get to this page click on electronic edition, then pages B1 and B2

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Before the game gets started tonight I would like to take the time to recognize one very special athlete. as many of you may remember last year we had an athlete on the team who was in a very serious car accident with a semi during the season. he spent a very long long time in the hospital in a medically induced comma and we almost lost him several times. It was said then that no matter his condition he would alway have a spot on this team. The mustang program has held true to their word and every Friday night we see #78 dressed and on the sidelines. Unfortunately because of his injuries is is not allowed to have any contact, and cannot play. Coach Keller found a way to at least get him on the field last week in the unioto game, though it cost a penalty, when he sent all 17 seniors out on the field at once, it was well worth it.

Hank if you read this we know the obstacles you have had to overcome just to be dressed and standing out there every week. we are proud of you and glad you have had the opportunity to be part of this wonderful team.

pantherfan1997
Waterboy

Post by pantherfan1997 »

mstangmom wrote:Before the game gets started tonight I would like to take the time to recognize one very special athlete. as many of you may remember last year we had an athlete on the team who was in a very serious car accident with a semi during the season. he spent a very long long time in the hospital in a medically induced comma and we almost lost him several times. It was said then that no matter his condition he would alway have a spot on this team. The mustang program has held true to their word and every Friday night we see #78 dressed and on the sidelines. Unfortunately because of his injuries is is not allowed to have any contact, and cannot play. Coach Keller found a way to at least get him on the field last week in the unioto game, though it cost a penalty, when he sent all 17 seniors out on the field at once, it was well worth it.

Hank if you read this we know the obstacles you have had to overcome just to be dressed and standing out there every week. we are proud of you and glad you have had the opportunity to be part of this wonderful team.

now that post is touching!!!!!!!!!!

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

Mustangmom,
Reading through your post I really have to wonder what type of fan you really are. Calling out certain player and the whole offence is not a way to motivate your team. It just goes to show that you have little knowledge about the game. Both the offence and defense are greatly improved form the begging of the year. If you go back to the first game of the year Tease Valley moved the ball on Westfall easily between the 20’s and then shoot them self in the foot every time they got inside the 20. The offence has improved greatly with the play off the QB and Oline. The defense as a whole has made the biggest improvement but it’s been a whole team effort to win each game.

Go Mustangs!!!!!!!!!

FaberGrad62
JV Team

Post by FaberGrad62 »

Game is a the half

Westfall 28 new Lexington 0

BLUTO
Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

FG62 - Thanks for the update. That is good news!

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
tigerfan55
Waterboy

Post by tigerfan55 »

whats the final score

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

31-7 is the final

tigerfan55
Waterboy

Post by tigerfan55 »

thats some news for everyone here in tiger town...thanks for the update runner

Arnton Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Arnton Tiger »

Congrats to Westfall.

Your program is really moving in the right direction. Keep it up.

AT

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

One of the few I called this week.
Congrats to Westfall on the win.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Waverly vs. Westfall will be a very good game. Buddy of mine said that a couple of players from Waverly got hurt tonight and he dosen't expect them to play next week

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Outsider wrote:Mustangmom,
Reading through your post I really have to wonder what type of fan you really are. Calling out certain player and the whole offence is not a way to motivate your team. It just goes to show that you have little knowledge about the game. Both the offence and defense are greatly improved form the begging of the year. If you go back to the first game of the year Tease Valley moved the ball on Westfall easily between the 20’s and then shoot them self in the foot every time they got inside the 20. The offence has improved greatly with the play off the QB and Oline. The defense as a whole has made the biggest improvement but it’s been a whole team effort to win each game.

Go Mustangs!!!!!!!!!

Guess you better read again I was not the one who called anyone out, it was others who did when they were commenting on peoples PM's. and if you really read all my post you would see I actually complimented cain. and if you are going to get on me for saying the defense is better than the offense guess you better get on the coach first because it is in print, i the circleville herald that our defense is way better than the offense.

Return to “Football”