Pirates on Offense at the 20
1/10 - gain of 4
2/7 - gain to 11
3/1 - FD - down to 8
1/G - loss back to 21 - 13 yd loss
2/G - gain to 10
3/G - at the 10 - gain to 5
4/G at the 5 - FG attempt coming
Last edited by caglewis on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Ready won.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Ready won 34-14. Freddies won toss, play defense first..

OT works like this: each team gets a possession from the 20 yard line

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Each team gets the chance to score, whoever scores the most in OT wins. If they tie, they go to another OT.

Lil&BigBucksMom1
Riding the Bench

Post by Lil&BigBucksMom1 »

Thank You! Hubby at the game he just called and told me also.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

BTW - Bishop Ready beat Johnstown-Monroe
1ST OT
Pirates on Offense at the 20
1/10 - gain of 4
2/7 - gain to 11
3/1 - FD - down to 8
1/G - loss back to 21 - 13 yd loss
2/G - gain to 10
3/G - at the 10 - gain to 5
4/G at the 5 - FG attempt coming
STAMPER FG GOOD -
WB PIRATES 38 - FT FREDDIES 35

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Hang in there PIRATES!!!! What a game!!!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

FT BALL
1/10 - pass comp at the 7 - gained down to 3
1/G at the 3 - run to 1
2/G at the 1 - pushed back!!!!
3/G at the 2 - TD - FT WINS
FINAL - FT FREDDIES 41 - WB PIRATES 38
HECK OF AN EFFORT PIRATES - CONGRATS ON A GREAT NEVER-GIVE-UP GAME
Last edited by caglewis on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

7. Playing Rules
The NFHS football rules as written and interpreted shall apply in all tournament games. The coin toss will be held at center field 20 minutes prior to game time in accordance with adopted mechanics. The OHSAA 20 yard line overtime procedure shall be used when the score is tied at the end of a regulation game.
Overtime Procedure
AFTER THE COIN TOSS – The (Offensive team name) will put the ball in play first and ten on (defensive team name) 20-yard line. The possession shall be terminated if the offense scores or the defense has possession of the ball at the end of any down, or the offense fails to make the line-to-gain.
After (offense) has completed its possession, (defense) will become the offensive team. In order to ensure equal game conditions, both teams shall use the same goal.
If the score remains tied after each team has been given one series, the procedure shall be repeated, except there will be no coin toss, until a winner is determined. There will be an intermission of two minutes during which the loser of original coin toss will be given first choice of the options, which includes the option to change goals. First choice of options will alternate for each overtime period. There will be an intermission of five minutes after every third overtime period.

marietta tiger
Waterboy

Post by marietta tiger »

Fredericktown 40
Wheelersburg 38

Good season to the Pirates.

The MBC is a very, very tough league.

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

Congrats on a great season!
Last edited by FalconX on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

Tough one Pirates. Congrats on a Great Season

GO TIGERS
Riding the Bench

Post by 007 »

So is SOC II. :-D
Good game Wheelersburg!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This had to be one of the best playoff games tonight.
Congrats to the Freddies on the win.

sirwalterscott
Waterboy

Post by sirwalterscott »

Tough loss Pirates. Keep your heads up. Congrats on a great season!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

You guys had a good run sorry to see it end.

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

Tale of 2 halves. Freddies get 2 tds on defense in the first half, fumble recovery for Td and int for Td. The fumble was wierd because white NEVER fumbles. The int return was telegraphed so bad, it hurt. Qb looked the receiver so hard, it hurt!! LOL, I think the freddie dline was getting to him so much at that point! Zoller made Burg pay in the first half with his running but I really thought that Burgs offense was so out of it, they couldnt get anything going. Freddies enjoyed that! The first half, I think if Lang made the interception, he would have run it 60 yds for the td, hit him right in the chest. But the freddies made us pay by throwing a HB pass in 2nd qtr for td, just over the hands of Cook. Nice play, give em credit, they hooked Burg on that big time! Like I said before, which offense would show up. Well, they both did. 2nd half Burg defense limited Freddies to 1 td and we racked up 28 pts to get back into it. We didnt do much different, we just executed better. The oline struggled all game but Qb made quicker passes and we took advantage of the Freddie defense playing off Cook and got some good yards. The fake punt was awesome as always, Shank did nt touch a knee this time. Our corners need to be taught to look back at the ball when the receiver does. This has been a problem all year and Freddies made us pay on that td pass in the 2nd quarter. They were at the burg 14 yd line I believe and it was definitley a timing throw because Zoller took a 3 step drop and threw a bullet to the endzone on his left side. Our corner never had a chance to defend because he was watching the receiver run right by himm and he caught the ball 3 yards behind the defender. I figure you backpedal from your 11 to the EZ watching the qb and not letting the receiver break inside. That puts you on the goal line and the pass comes right at you. I dont know what the reciever did but he got behind the defender and caught a bullet pass. Nice job. I know I am dancing between series here but my memory is failing! Freddies played a 4-3 defense but the Burg goes 4 wide and no safety for the Freddies. We cant throw down the middle to exploit because we are keeping Stamper back to pass protect. I dont know if we have any play that could have exploited that. Our three downlineman played a great game, but were totally out manueverd in the redzone by the counter Freddies run. I have never seen a team run it like that. I did see walker get a good hit on the running back that scored the 2nd half td for freddies but he just slid off him.

At half time, I asked my ride if the team gets down 35-7, are we going home? He said yes. I said if the Pirates make it 28-14 in the first 2nd half series and Freddies make it 35-14, are we going home? He said yes. Thanks Burg!! I got to watch an Awesome game!! Good luck to the freddies against Ready. I think you guys can give them fits with that defense. Just get 52 some gatorade alot!!

Great job Burg, a few plays go your way, you never know!

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Our corners need to be taught to look back at the ball when the receiver does. This has been a problem all year and Freddies made us pay on that td pass in the 2nd quarter.

My thoughts exactly. The DB's got burned way to many times in this game because of not turning to see the when the ball was coming. You have to turn and look for the ball, especially if you see the kids hands go up like he is going to try and catch the pass. They not only got burned on the TD, but on a couple of other passes that went for 1st downs when they should have been stopped.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

bg77, when did you have to leave?

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

what a game!! at the half i told my brother, if wheelersburg doesnt score early in the second we are leaving! About the middle of the forth i was tired of sitting down so we went and got a drink and stood down along the fence. Only place close was right at the goal line. Which happened to be a great place to stand in OT. Maybe the freddies get in on 4th down anyway, but he was NOT in on 3rd down. The official was practically calling it before he even came down. He hit his knee around the 2 and the ball was not stretched out. He had it tucked then when he hit he then stretched it out. I couldnt believe it and the 2 guys from fredricktown beside me also did not think he was in. Great game though and what a display of guts to make the comeback.. congrats on a great season, i just hadnt heard anyone talking about the last play so thought id chime in.

Return to “Football”