Chillicothe 2008 football schedule

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

I think coach D will stay local on the coaching aspect.I think a young man name of Chris Mathis,would be a nice gain in the coaching mix at CHS.Chris played for Chillicothe back in the 80's,and he coached several years at Adena.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Re: Chillicothe 2008 football schedule

Post by 86cavs »

So,whats the word on the new coaches that was hired by Chillicothe???

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

86cavs wrote:So,whats the word on the new coaches that was hired by Chillicothe???

only one I know of is Jerry Huddnell from Central Crossing.I know someone very well that coached w/ him and he gave me the thumbs up. Said he would help our program.Seems to be quite impressive with his offensive scheme. ANother new coach is a Crabtree.Trying to get one more, but not sure who. We need a good young guy that played college ball.IMO

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

talked to coach d over the weekend at the convo about these vacancies and he told me about the two that hilltop mentioned and said that they are still looking to add one more coach. he seems to be very impressed with the two new additions to the staff and can't wait to get the season going. he said that the guy from central crossing will be a huge addition, seems to be very impressed with his knowledge of the spread.

how are the weight room numbers looking???

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

beezee What does the other guy Crabtree ??? coach since you seem to have the inside scoop ????? Weight room VERY VERY IMPORTANT at this time of the year...... Will Coach D run the same scheme as last couple of years ?????????

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

Hopsing- no inside connections here just posting what i was told by coach. not sure what position Crabtree will be coaching. maybe hilltopkid could answer that for you, as well as the scheme question.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

Not sure yet. I think Coach D is going to wait until he gets all the vacancies filled and then decide what is best for the team.
Hopsing-I'd look for a similar offense, maybe with a few new twists here and there to fit the personnel.
For the most part, the weight room is looking good. A few big disppointments though. A couple of youngsters that really have potential have not yet realized what they need to do.I wish they understood that an offseason in the wt rm between their SO and JR years can determine whether they play in the OAC or the MAC.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Hilltop,

I can't wait to watch them play this season. Hopefully we will have a well prepared and experienced team in the hunt for the SEOAL Title and make it to the playoffs.

Go CAVS :!: :-D

Roll Big Blue and White Cavaliers to Victory :!: :-D

Go SEOAL :!: :-D
Last edited by Army on Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Cavs should be one of the top teams in the SEOAL along with Ironton and Logan in 2008. They return the bulk of a team that got stronger as the year went on last year. They have experience back ALL over the field.

It will be interesting to see what they do on offense. CHS was obviously throwing the ball less in the second half of '07. We know Caleb Knights can do it all, who will be in the backfield with him? I know the 9th grade team had a very talented back (Oats maybe?)

ravens 2
Waterboy

Post by ravens 2 »

What ever happen to the QB from the 2006 freshman team? I remember watching him play man was he a beast running the ball.I do believe he number was 15.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

Chillicothe is returning 18 out of 22 starters for the up coming football season.This should be the year that Chillicothe football will run the table.Hopefully!!!!! by the boys basketball team winning the D2 championship,that will carry over to all athletes playing sports that they can win if they put their minds to it.The key again to this year team will come down to our offensive line.Defensively the D-line will be a force with Vest holding down the middle.Look out for Wong,Smith all 3 are seniors,Gray should get some serious action on the D-line.Linebackers you have Netter,R Smith both of them was in the top 3 in tackling.The D-Backs will be Benson,Grow,Dunn,Thats to name a few key players for this year team.I say week 10 will decide who wins the SEAOL League.top 3 teams will be Chillicothe,Logan and Ironton.

Army
S

Post by Army »

86CAVS...I have to agree.

GO CAVS :!: :-D

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

7-3 maybe 8-2

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

LoganLocos wrote:We know Caleb Knights can do it all, who will be in the backfield with him? I know the 9th grade team had a very talented back (Oats maybe?)

You are correct, as usual Locos. His name is Casey Oates. He is a very nice running back, plus one of the older kids in his class. He can scoot.

ravens 2
Waterboy

Post by ravens 2 »

The thing Chillicothe is missing is a power running back.You can take a kid and let him run outside all day with speed,but can this oates kid run inside hitting inside holes??Thats where your running power back can do hit the inside holes and then fine the running lanes.I have watch Oates play with my kid all the way through middle school.the kid is a year older than everybody else in his class,so he was a step above everyone else.The real question here is can the Boy take a hit from a hard hitting varsity football player?? That's why, I have asked the question about the QB from the 2006 freshman team?I watched the kid play and he would lower the shoulder and run over people dragging 2 or 3 kids with him.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

hilltopkid wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:We know Caleb Knights can do it all, who will be in the backfield with him? I know the 9th grade team had a very talented back (Oats maybe?)

You are correct, as usual Locos. His name is Casey Oates. He is a very nice running back, plus one of the older kids in his class. He can scoot.

Casey is a very nice running back. But like i said in a previous post somewhere, that i think that Troy Netter could be a very good running back, and also Eric Young could be a good one as well, if he decides to play this year. And David Dere should be in the mix as well, as the big back getting some of the short yardage carries. Add Curt Smith to the mix at fullback and i think that Chilli has a pretty good backfield this year.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

ravens 2 wrote:What ever happen to the QB from the 2006 freshman team? I remember watching him play man was he a beast running the ball.I do believe he number was 15.

ravens- not sure who the qb was that year on the freshman team. maybe 86cavs could help you out with that one. i know that Little86 was on that team.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Army/hilltopkid,

i am a Logan Boy born and raised that now lives outside of Zanesville. I spend all fall going to watch high school football. I coached for many years and can not stay away. I do beleive Chillicothe will be much improved this year. I want to help clear up some things for you before you make a terrible mistake understanding one of your opponents. Sheridan is loaded. Where you got your info i have no idea, but it is not correct. TriValley and Sheridan are the pre season favorites to win the MVL. Who ever said the MVL was weak must be on something. It is every bit as good if not better than the SEOL. Sheridan and TriValley would proboly win it most years. You talk about Zanesville. Sheridan would destroy Zanesville. Sheridan only lost 4 starters from last year. Sheridan will be the best team you play all year with Logan of course. Guys you better get a history lesson. You are talking about a team that has beaten Steubenville, Dover ect in playoffs. Your underestimating this team and program could lead to a long night of bad memories. Good luck to all you boys.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Early Preview on the '08 Cavs:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44579

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

drifter -

You are right about the MVL, but you seem a little confused on your history. Outside of the last two seasons, Tri-Valley has been THE underachievers of the MVL. Always the biggest school in the league, but were always at the bottom of the standings.

But Sheridan, New Lex, and John Glenn over the last 10 years have pretty much been as good as anyone in the SEOAL. I think the SEOAL is a little better in terms of depth, but the top 3 teams in each league are pretty much even year in and year out.

Return to “Football”