New foorball coach at South Point?

Game day
All State

Re: New foorball coach at South Point?

Post by Game day »

farmer wrote:Kind of funny that some on here think they can complain then go to the school board for them to give you an honest answer why they chose the coach. Many board members can not even do that right after a Board Meeting. If people were so concerned they should have actually been to the last Board Meeting. Also it was mentioned why would the new coach want an office at the school. That could be his way of saying he will be at school some. So he could meet with players and do some of the things that a teacher/coach would do. Since he is not a teacher. If you want answers it would be better to ask about his qualifications and his plan to get South Point back on track.

Coach T would have been a good fit there but he was not hired for whatever reasons. So whatever will go on next hopefully the attitudes of people at SP will change. Where players want to play while working hard to improve on the field and classroom. Without people/family trying to influence decisions. The attitudes and desire needs to improve for everyone. So that the program can work or it will continue to be as it has.

Maybe next week since the Super Bowl will be over that ESPN can come in and formally announce the coach being hired.

Why the people did show up is because the committee had made their recommendation and the administration, parents and kids new they had selected the right Coach. We will see at the next board meeting if they cared or even if the BOE will allow it to be brought up. Since they know everything and there was not a hidden agenda and they were thinking about the kids I guess they picked the right Coach LOL!!

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Also, was told that the new Coach did not interview?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

game day wrote:
farmer wrote:Kind of funny that some on here think they can complain then go to the school board for them to give you an honest answer why they chose the coach. Many board members can not even do that right after a Board Meeting. If people were so concerned they should have actually been to the last Board Meeting. Also it was mentioned why would the new coach want an office at the school. That could be his way of saying he will be at school some. So he could meet with players and do some of the things that a teacher/coach would do. Since he is not a teacher. If you want answers it would be better to ask about his qualifications and his plan to get South Point back on track.

Coach T would have been a good fit there but he was not hired for whatever reasons. So whatever will go on next hopefully the attitudes of people at SP will change. Where players want to play while working hard to improve on the field and classroom. Without people/family trying to influence decisions. The attitudes and desire needs to improve for everyone. So that the program can work or it will continue to be as it has.

Maybe next week since the Super Bowl will be over that ESPN can come in and formally announce the coach being hired.

Why the people did show up is because the committee had made their recommendation and the administration, parents and kids new they had selected the right Coach. We will see at the next board meeting if they cared or even if the BOE will allow it to be brought up. Since they know everything and there was not a hidden agenda and they were thinking about the kids I guess they picked the right Coach LOL!!
You kind of went right along with what I was saying about the attitudes of people in South Point. You know nothing about this new coach and do not care. Until attitudes change at South Point it will not matter who is the coach. To many people think they can saw whatever and it their way at SP. I am glad Coach T did not get the job because it is not an easy job and to much trouble. If he got the job to many parents would be complaining because he would be working them to hard. That their kids would have to work.

The best thing this new coach could do is have a meeting to explain who he is and what his plan is. Just because he is not a teacher does not mean he can not be a good coach.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

dreamweaver wrote:Couldn't agree less with you farmer. Why would the people of South Point be required to get involved when they do not even know what is going on? Someone got any info on the new Coach? Years at what schools, positions he coached, etc.?
Your not required to just keep football the same way as it has been and enjoy losing. Your asking for info on the new coach but really could care less what he has done or will do.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

crzy4OSUsports wrote:Not holding our breath for ESPN, but you have to admit it is strange that even the local media has not ran anything...at least I have not seen or heard anything? Please correct me if I am wrong but someone getting hired as new Head Football coach for a local school district usually does at least get mentioned. ??

Is the South Point coaching job actually news worthy? Winning at SP that would be news worthy.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Farmer, quit putting words in my mouth and telling me what I think. Yes, any new Coach is newsworthy at every school in SEOhio so you are wrong. There is nothing wrong with asking for info on a Coach, whether I or anyone else, knows him, likes him, supports him, wants their kids to play for them, or doesn't know them, doesn't like them, or doesn't care. It is a natural question.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

farmer wrote:
dreamweaver wrote:Couldn't agree less with you farmer. Why would the people of South Point be required to get involved when they do not even know what is going on? Someone got any info on the new Coach? Years at what schools, positions he coached, etc.?
Your not required to just keep football the same way as it has been and enjoy losing. Your asking for info on the new coach but really could care less what he has done or will do.
Dreamweaver I didn't put words into your mouth with my response to you. From what I wrote and you responded to. Where you couldn't agree less with me. SP has a new football coach. If it is so news worthy then it would be reported on.

Asking about the Coach is one thing but you are doing that after downing him like it really doesn't matter as I said.

toosmooth
Waterboy

Post by toosmooth »

Here is some true info for everyone.Coach Rick Marcello previously coached at Oldham County High School in Kentucky.He was a volunteer offensive coordinator on the freshman team and helped with the varsity on game nights,and has never called an offensive or defensive play in a varsity game.He has no experience with a lifting program and has none in place at this time.Yes he is an insurance man and the school is giving him an office to use at the high school.Almost everyone here wanted Coach T. but we have to move on and help the program by whatever means each one of us have.Let us all do what is best for the kids.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Thanks toosmooth for the info. Farmer, this is ridiculous. Have your way.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Well Dreamweaver think what you want about me. Which I could really careless about. He is SP new Coach. You can help to support or help to keep the program down. Besides it is not like being the head coach of Football at South Point is going to get anyone rich. Especially when you add up all the extra time a successful coach must put in with what they are paid.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

One of the rules of this board is not to badmouth a coach or player with gossip. If we don't know anything about Coach Marcello, we shouldn't diss him. The Pointer Nation should give him a chance.

SP Middle School had an awesome team this season, so there's a talent base heading into HS. So, let's not either write Coach Marcello off nor compare him to Vince Lombardi before he even has his first team meeting.
There'll be plenty of time for talented players to move on if the pointer prog isn't turning around. But who's to say it won't? Then, those who are giving the BOE "down the road" right now will be calling them "geniuses" in a coupla years.
But, for the sake of your children, all you SP parents, please SUPPORT Coach M until/unless he gives you reason to do otherwise!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Misteroby wrote:One of the rules of this board is not to badmouth a coach or player with gossip. If we don't know anything about Coach Marcello, we shouldn't diss him. The Pointer Nation should give him a chance.

SP Middle School had an awesome team this season, so there's a talent base heading into HS. So, let's not either write Coach Marcello off nor compare him to Vince Lombardi before he even has his first team meeting.
There'll be plenty of time for talented players to move on if the pointer prog isn't turning around. But who's to say it won't? Then, those who are giving the BOE "down the road" right now will be calling them "geniuses" in a coupla years.
But, for the sake of your children, all you SP parents, please SUPPORT Coach M until/unless he gives you reason to do otherwise!
Are you on the BOE?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

toosmooth wrote:Here is some true info for everyone.Coach Rick Marcello previously coached at Oldham County High School in Kentucky.He was a volunteer offensive coordinator on the freshman team and helped with the varsity on game nights,and has never called an offensive or defensive play in a varsity game.He has no experience with a lifting program and has none in place at this time.Yes he is an insurance man and the school is giving him an office to use at the high school.Almost everyone here wanted Coach T. but we have to move on and help the program by whatever means each one of us have.Let us all do what is best for the kids.

Are you kidding!!

I agree with Gallipolis Blue Devil this should be taken to the Ohio ATheltic Board. What a slap in the face to the Teachers, Coaches and the kids. Also I would make sure the BOE did not hire a Teacher later that is part of the family.

Gallipolis Blue Devil
Riding the Bench

Post by Gallipolis Blue Devil »

game day wrote:
toosmooth wrote:Here is some true info for everyone.Coach Rick Marcello previously coached at Oldham County High School in Kentucky.He was a volunteer offensive coordinator on the freshman team and helped with the varsity on game nights,and has never called an offensive or defensive play in a varsity game.He has no experience with a lifting program and has none in place at this time.Yes he is an insurance man and the school is giving him an office to use at the high school.Almost everyone here wanted Coach T. but we have to move on and help the program by whatever means each one of us have.Let us all do what is best for the kids.

Are you kidding!!

I agree with Gallipolis Blue Devil this should be taken to the Ohio ATheltic Board. What a slap in the face to the Teachers, Coaches and the kids. Also I would make sure the BOE did not hire a Teacher later that is part of the family.
I really did not know it was this bad but I’m glad someone agrees with me. South Point fans if this is true and you do not step up and do something then you will lose the respect of everyone in your league and the surrounding area.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

I am so glad Merrill did'nt get this job, he dont need this. Sounds like some folks wont be happy no matter what!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

There were people in Ironton concerned about Triplett getting the job. Thanks your kids will look good in Orange and Black.

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

farmer wrote:
crzy4OSUsports wrote:Not holding our breath for ESPN, but you have to admit it is strange that even the local media has not ran anything...at least I have not seen or heard anything? Please correct me if I am wrong but someone getting hired as new Head Football coach for a local school district usually does at least get mentioned. ??

Is the South Point coaching job actually news worthy? Winning at SP that would be news worthy.
Well Farmer, obviously not, you can look at this in two ways. I would think the ones who are supporting this new coach and think he will do good things for the program would like to see it printed....why didn't that at least make the sports page?? or maybe the BOE just hasn't formally announced it yet? and if so, WHY :?: :?:
This is the first time that I know about that one coach leaves a program and another is hired and NOTHING AT ALL is printed?? All I am saying is, "why"? Especially when the new coach in Ironton happened within the same week or two and it sure was "news worthy"!!(TV and NEWSPAPERS!)It made the news when Shilott resigned...
Are the kids in SP any less deserving than the kids in Ironton to read about their new coach, his assistants, his plans and accomplishments??
Maybe somebodody or somebodies are imbarressed?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

crzy4OSUsports wrote:
farmer wrote:

Well Farmer, obviously not, you can look at this in two ways. I would think the ones who are supporting this new coach and think he will do good things for the program would like to see it printed....why didn't that at least make the sports page?? or maybe the BOE just hasn't formally announced it yet? and if so, WHY :?: :?:
This is the first time that I know about that one coach leaves a program and another is hired and NOTHING AT ALL is printed?? All I am saying is, "why"? Especially when the new coach in Ironton happened within the same week or two and it sure was "news worthy"!!(TV and NEWSPAPERS!)It made the news when Shilott resigned...
Are the kids in SP any less deserving than the kids in Ironton to read about their new coach, his assistants, his plans and accomplishments??
Maybe somebodody or somebodies are imbarressed?
Maybe somebodody or somebodies are imbarressed? Yes I agree. We have a winner and you are that person.

News worthy. Well before SP record was not as bad as it has been in the last few years. Ironton hiring a new coach to replace a Coach who had won more games than every coach in the State of Ohio. So you want to compare the 2 programs.

Formally announced. You sure have no idea how school boards work.
Keep coming up with poor excuses and enjoy yourself.

As for not being a teacher. Bob Lutz coached the last few years while not teaching. As well as Oddie Estep at SV has been the softball coach for years and was never a teacher. But he made it into the State Hall of Fame in Softball. Also is the SP baseball coach a teacher?

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

You just can't make this stuff up.

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

dreamweaver wrote:You just can't make this stuff up.

YEP! I agree and then it is hilarous how some people just keep coming up with excuse after excuse ...while the rest of us sit back and just LAUGH :lol: :lol: I just wanted a simple answer....

Return to “Football”