D6 R23 Semifinal: Symmes Valley (10-1) vs. Beallsville (9-2)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D6 R23 Semifinal: Symmes Valley (10-1) vs. Beallsville (

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I really thought Valley could win this one.
I liked B-Ville when I watched them even though they got beat that night by Strasburg.

Congrats on the win.

spacemountain
Waterboy

Post by spacemountain »

State needs to do something... DIv 6 Is becoming a joke.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Steely Dan wrote:I'm going to say this and people are not going to like it, but this is my honest opinion. Whether Beallsville won tonight, or Symmes Valley won tonight, I truly believe that next week will be the end of the road, regardless of who won. I just saw too many holes in each team's game tonight, to honestly think that either one of them would advance after next week. Putting either one of these teams on the field with Marion Local would just be too painful to watch. That's the reality of the quality of small school FB in SEO.

Folks get all wound up and pissed when people speak the truth (like FOS, Paladin II, and moi), but we are not saying this to hurt people's feelings, especially the kids. We are just being realists.

Beallsville moves on to next week, but I'm guessing that will be the end of their invites to dance. Just sayin'.

Yeah, but nobody gave Beallsville respect as even being a playoff team. I didn't think they'd win this game, but I did think they deserved to be in the playoffs. Never saw a game of theirs but saw their highlights on wtov9.com. Way too undersized but I saw they had some quickness. Even if it ends next week they made it further than anybody anticipated.

spacemountain wrote:State needs to do something... DIv 6 Is becoming a joke.
I know what you are saying. And the multiplier they want to put in will only take the few good teams out of D6.

In D5 you play small college teams come playoff time and in D6 on th eastern side of the state you play the equivalent of WV OVAC Single A teams. MC can't come within 4 TDs of their first round games and two teams MC did or would have waxed ( Shadyside and Beallsville) are in position to win regional titles. MC needs to expel about 20 kids. lol Can you imagine a Shadyside v. Beallsville game for the right to go to the State Championship game? (For the record, though, I don't think either wins this week.)

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

"I know what you are saying. And the multiplier they want to put in will only take the few good teams out of D6.

In D5 you play small college teams come playoff time and in D6 on th eastern side of the state you play the equivalent of WV OVAC Single A teams. MC can't come within 4 TDs of their first round games and two teams MC did or would have waxed ( Shadyside and Beallsville) are in position to win regional titles. MC needs to expel about 20 kids. lol Can you imagine a Shadyside v. Beallsville game for the right to go to the State Championship game? (For the record, though, I don't think either wins this week.)"

Honestly, I thought it was a stretch for Beallsville to win last Saturday, but they pulled it off. If Woodsfield would have been able to stay D VI, they would have won at least one state championship by now, realistically. I would like to see someone argue that they wouldn't, with some of the talent that they have had over the last 18 years.

Oh selon - I agree. Neither Beallsville or Slim Shady wins this week. Both get blown out.

Return to “Football”