Gallia Academy 2010

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Re: Gallia Academy 2010

Post by Raiderball »

superblue wrote:
GalliaGrad78 wrote:Will never happen in The Old French City.

That's for sure... Speaking of ticket prices, a reserved seat ticket for the football season will cost $30..... Isn't the price at the gate $6??? ...HMMMM... So why is a reserved seat for basketball 2 or 3$ more per game than Gen Adm???? Just wondering...No big deal... I feel sorry for the parents....Must pay 100$ for child to be on team, then has to pay to see them maybe play....

Does $30 reserve your seat and then you must pay for ticket to enter the gate?

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:I would say only if it was included in the levy that passed. But, I don't know first-hand.

If you are referring to stadiums/facilities for county schools the answer is no, it was not included in the levy.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

"And yet we balk at supporting our kids and the schools by paying $5-6 to see a ball game." My point was that there are no options in regard to the ticket policy at GAHS.. As you know my wife worked at GAHS for many years and that entitled me to attend sporting events at no charge... That arrangement has ended this year so I will be a paying customer... Give us some options, that's all we ask.... As for me talking to the people in charge, you can forget that.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

The kids that have completed their ptp requirement should be entitled to free attendance within the same season at least (spring, winter, fall). Other than that I can't see how even employees free admission can be justified especially if the ptp kids can't even get in free to support their friends/peers. The free admission should go to the volunteer workers of the food booth, chain crew, scoreboard operator, and journalists as well as the ptp kids.

Most importantly they need to offer a pay once ticket to the kids for the entire school year, that should be a priority so the kids can show support without paying everytime they go to a game. They could still charge a lofty price and save the kids alot of money.

It would be nice to have some options as far as a slight discount for attending sporting events year round and they may even make some money off of people that would buy a pass then not utilize it to it's fullest.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

When I graduated high school, a movie ticket was $5 and gas was $1.30 a gallon; admission to ball games was $3 for students and $5 for adults.

Now movie tickets are $7 or so and gas ranges from $2.50-$3.00, so with the increases seen with those, one should expect the cost for ball games to increase on a commensurate level. I dont think it would be far fetched to ask $5 for students and $7.50 for adults.

I would be willing to pay up to $10 to watch a high school football game, especially if one of my children were playing.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

But we should have an option based on the current price of admission to drop like $60 for the entire school year and get in home events.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Nice hearing from you 4ever.... I never paid when I worked in the food booth... You get to the point when you need to step back and let others do there share...I am now at that point.... The last 20 years my wife & me have donated many hours toward the band & athletic boosters... So most of the time I wasn't paying much attention to the event..... See you later..........

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Except for basketball games...I know for a fact that Superblue was zoned in to all that action :122245 ...You know my son would have been something else on the hardwood for the Blue if he would not have chosen to chase women and work.....He wouldnt and couldnt shoot it and he walked up the court most of the time... :( ...But in fact,one time when he was a young lad and playing in the back yard I saw him make 8 passes to himself before he turned it over on the 9th :lol: ..But boy he could make one outstanding pass between his legs. Even with his head down. His only drawback was getting it to the right Bro ;-)

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I believe students can buy a presale ticket for $2 or $3.
At RV those with Raider Cards (gpa related) get in free.
Athletes do not get in free to other (vb player to fg game and etc) unless they have the Raider Card.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Academic incentives are a good idea.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Was in the French City over 4th of July weekend and heard good things out of the GAHS camp. Sounds like people are very optimistic about Coach Eddy and his progress with the program.

Heard that Coach Penrod has been whipping the kids into shape this summer. I've got a deal that I'll wear my GAHS golf outing t-shirt week 6 at The Chief if the Blue Devils start out 4-0.

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

Locos,

I think that there's more of a chance of that than you might think. I'm certainly not predicting 4-0. I would be surprised if it happens, but I wouldn't be totally shocked. With what I've seen and heard about the team, there's a drastic difference between this year and last year, not only in physical condition, but in attitude. I'm being cautiously optimistic. We'll find out a lot when Portsmouth West comes into town for our first scrimmage.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

GAHS83 wrote:Locos,

I think that there's more of a chance of that than you might think. I'm certainly not predicting 4-0. I would be surprised if it happens, but I wouldn't be totally shocked. With what I've seen and heard about the team, there's a drastic difference between this year and last year, not only in physical condition, but in attitude. I'm being cautiously optimistic. We'll find out a lot when Portsmouth West comes into town for our first scrimmage.

I agreed to the bet expecting to lose. I think the Devils have a great shot at 4-0.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

the boys took the emotions to another level in the last game of the season.We have some very talented athlete's who have a statement to make on the field this year we have got a coach who can motavate these boys to the point that they are ready to run through a brick wall head first. put all this together and we are going to win some games right now these boys are on a rail lets ride it to the end of the season

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Will the boys be selling those "Blue Devil Cards" again this year?
Last years is about to run out, YIKES!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I gotta believe that the pride of Gallia Co. will rise up once again and show they can play with anyone in the area on any friday evening. Good luck see ya week 1.

Return to “Football”