SEOPS Hippo

Re: Logan (0-3) @ Jackson (2-1) (SEOAL)

Post by Ironman92 »

..and we now have a win over a 1 win team in Vinton Co

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Congratulations to the Jackson Ironmen! Great performance tonight to end Logan's 34 game SEOAL winning streak. A win over Logan is always something special because of the history of the rivalry, but tonight's win has a little extra meaning. I couldn't be any happier for Jackson's kids, who have responded so well after Week 1. Just proud to be an Ironman tonight.

Jackson got off to a great start, even after failing to capitalize on a few early opportunities. The TD run by Arthur on the first play from scrimmage was called back due to a block on the back about 30 yards behind the play...terrible mistake. Logan muffed a punt early in the game that Jackson nearly recovered inside the Logan 10, but they couldn't quite get on it. On the ensuing drive, Logan's punter fumbled the snap and nearly had his punt blocked, but he barely got it off. Definitely three frustrating bounces that didn't go Jackson's way, but they were on a mission, and didn't let those mistakes/missed opportunities phase them at all.

The Ironmen jumped out to a quick 21-0 lead behind a great run by Klay Arthur, a nice screen pass to Arthur, and an outstanding play call that saw Winchester throw a quick dump pass to wingback Morgan Landrum for a score. Logan fought back like a true champion, and even made it a 28-21 game in the 3rd quarter, but Jackson's Drew Ervin made the most pivotal play of the game on his kick return to inside the Logan 1 yard line. That was a HUGE play to take momentum back, and essentially put the game away.

Jackson played pretty well defensively tonight. They got hurt by a couple long passes where they had good coverage, but the Logan receivers simply made great plays. The Ironmen pressured Jurgensmier a good bit, and they made plays when they had to. Offensively, the big boys up front got it done. They opened up holes for Arthur and Ervin all night. Klay Arthur was just phenomenal running the football. And what can I say about our QB? Four TD passes and a rushing TD for Kip Winchester tonight. He was efficient, he took care of the ball, and he led his team to victory. Kip is becoming a very good QB and he's only going to get better.

Overall, a GREAT win for the Ironmen and the Jackson football program. Logan isn't the same team that they have been in recent years, but they're still Logan. They have a talented group of players that I think will rebound from this bad start to have a good season. Tough way for their streak to end, but they should be proud of what they accomplished over the last few seasons. Jackson has to be on top of the world right now, but once Monday gets here, it's time to focus again and get ready for Warren. Jackson took the first step toward an SEOAL title tonight...five more to go, focusing on one at a time.

Texas 2
Freshman Team

Post by Texas 2 »

49 points and Jackson plays a weak schedule.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

yes and kinda

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

Congrats to the ironmen. A win over logan, even if they are in a down year, isn't shabby. So much for the one or two "experts" on here bashing jackson's weak schedule while harping how logan will dominate this game because they scheduled the big boy schools in central ohio. I'm not saying jackson is as good as lancaster, pick north, and reynoldsburg. It's like comparing apples to oranges and it never works. Don't get offended logan posters because most of you guys on this thread call it like it is and remain loyal to the chiefs, win or lose. I hope your team gets back on track and soon.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

First, congrats to the Ironmen on a big win. Their offensive line dominated all night long and Logans offense waited way to long to wake up.

The bottom line is that Logan is not a very good football team at this point. This is the first time since 1981 that the chiefs have allowed 40+ points in consecutive games. Logan has to find answers defensively or they will be lucky to win a few games.

The streak came to a screeching halt tonight against a hungry Jackson team.

As always, Jackson fans were a class act and I wish the ironmen the best of luck therest of the way.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Well I'll be the first Logan fan to say we can officially flush the strength of schedule down the toilet,I harped on it as much as anyone and said I'd ride it until proven wrong,well tonight it was all wrong! I actually think the offense played good enough to win but man that defense just can't stop anyone,I worried about it all summer but never thought it would be this bad.Amyx has to be sick at his stomach just watching these teams carve through his old Logan defense like a knife through hot butter.I think its time to seriously start thinking about playing for the future and giving the youngsters alot of playing time maybe not start a but at least play them for a half.....Congrats Jackson you were the better team tonight!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

called this one.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Logan fans keep cheering for your team win or lose every program goes through a down swing, from time to time, and don't pay any mind to the arse-oles that try and belittle your kids they are only showing their true mentality.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Ouch! Well, I tried to put a good face on it and I said repeatedly Logan would take their lumps and have to re-load this year. I'll say it may be a couple of years before they rise to the top again. Parents of elementary school boys- get them into the feeder programs. There is no substitute.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Lets stay on topic.

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

congrats to jackson.....in my opinion the league title will be decided in week ten when jackson travels to gallipolis

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

dazed&confused wrote:Ouch! Well, I tried to put a good face on it and I said repeatedly Logan would take their lumps and have to re-load this year. I'll say it may be a couple of years before they rise to the top again. Parents of elementary school boys- get them into the feeder programs. There is no substitute.
not going to happen... the hs coaches think the t-hawk program is a waste of time. they would rather the kids play flag fb until 7th grade. mean while every community in the state has a feeder programs like the t-hawks. so why would we want to help those coaches in the t-hawks program.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Congrats to the Ironmen! Keep your chins up Chieftains!

Blazer83
Riding the Bench

Post by Blazer83 »

Logan, with their 23 seniors, did a pretty good war dance on the J I during pre-game. O'well. I hope they win more games so Jackson can get their second level points. Only two teams in Region 12 between Jackson and the top ranked team play two more upper division teams each: Jackson and Gallia Academy. Everybody else only play one each. Lets stay healthy and make a playoff run. Great job by Jackson's 19 seniors and great prep by the coaches!

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

The announcer on Jackson's radio station indicated that Logan Wasn't used to seeing Jackson's RB speed (left with about 3 minutes left). That's funny! Just a matter of not being where they should be and taking too long to decide just where that is. Lots of players blowing coverage and not staying home. Special teams especially bad this week (again). Tacklers looked like a barrel rolling toward the runner at times. If you are close enough to tackle with a roll, you have enough closure to wrap them up... If it's not being taught, and the coaches aren't getting a response from those starting, perhaps working on next year's team is in order. When my team didn't listen, we sat and watched others who did play the game. Just an observation there.
Graham missing on defense was obvious.
Good luck for the rest of the season- Both sides.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

That is funny! He must not have seen the little guy from Reynoldsburg running 10.6 100's against Logan's defense last week,,,,but the way Logans defense looks right now I'm not sure they could stop 3 slow running backs

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I challenge all of SEO to head on over to chilli tonight and cheer on the Athens Bulldogs! AHS needs our support!

Ironman61
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman61 »

Well first off it looks like Farmer Hall and Co. were able to clear most of the cow patty's off the field before the the game. Unfortunately i feel as though it had little significance in this game. im just astounded that Jackson with their "cream puff" schedule was able to put one up on the Godly all mighty powerful Chiefs.Guess that scheduling did wonders for ya well any how enjoy your crow (talking to paladin here). but to the rest of Logan good luck the rest of the year. great job Ironmen you opened the season with a tough loss and it would have been easy to loose confidence but i think Jackson has proven they got heart thats what counts lets keep them W's rolllin in.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Ironman61 wrote:Well first off it looks like Farmer Hall and Co. were able to clear most of the cow patty's off the field before the the game. Unfortunately i feel as though it had little significance in this game. im just astounded that Jackson with their "cream puff" schedule was able to put one up on the Godly all mighty powerful Chiefs.Guess that scheduling did wonders for ya well any how enjoy your crow (talking to paladin here). but to the rest of Logan good luck the rest of the year. great job Ironmen you opened the season with a tough loss and it would have been easy to loose confidence but i think Jackson has proven they got heart thats what counts lets keep them W's rolllin in.

:roll: :lol: Dear old dad has been holding that in for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Enjoy it. Amyx will be back on the staff sometime and the discipline that this team is lacking will be back.

Return to “Football”