OVC Championship: Coal Grove @ Chesapeake

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

ovc fan
Varsity

Re: OVC Championship: Coal Grove @ Chesapeake

Post by ovc fan »

Judging by their two common opponents i just dont think i would be referring to Chesapeake as a "lesser" opponent.
1) They beat Coal Grove for the OVC title
2) They were beating Oak hill up until 2 minutes to go in the half unlike the score tonight where CG is getting it handed to them
3) They were down 14-6 at half against Valley at half then Chesapeakes QB and starting CB went out...where i think CG was getting smashed
42-0 at halftime

Not bashing either school or any kid.....just think that some people are way too cocky.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

ovc fan wrote:Judging by their two common opponents i just dont think i would be referring to Chesapeake as a "lesser" opponent.
2) They were beating Oak hill up until 2 minutes to go in the half unlike the score tonight where CG is getting it handed to them
3) They were down 14-6 at half against Valley at half then Chesapeakes QB and starting CB went out...where i think CG was getting smashed
42-0 at halftime

Not bashing either school or any kid.....just think that some people are way too cocky.
1. Never EVER judge any team by common opponents. You should know better. Too many factors involved to go down that road. :lol:

2. Your post is classless. By making posts such as these you ARE bashing kids because it is the kids who are on the field playing the game not the poster whom you are mad at over a statement he made over the Chesapeake game. Let it go, man. As for cockiness....you will find that everywhere. ;-)

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

TigerMack wrote:
ovc fan wrote:Judging by their two common opponents i just dont think i would be referring to Chesapeake as a "lesser" opponent.
42-0 at halftime

1. Never EVER judge any team by common opponents. You should know better. Too many factors involved to go down that road. :lol:

2. Your post is classless. By making posts such as these you ARE bashing kids because it is the kids who are on the field playing the game not the poster whom you are mad at over a statement he made over the Chesapeake game. Let it go, man. As for cockiness....you will find that everywhere. ;-)

That is true...and I apologize. Now its basketball 30.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

chesapeake wins one title in the past couple years and goes crazy 07,08,09 you guys were owned and 80's and early 90's cg was dominant actually ever since cg joined the ovc in 1952?? i think we have owned the ovc so?

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

And next year too......

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Of course we're going to be exited. Are you saying you wouldn't have been if CG would have won? The present is all that matters, anyway. Why dwell on getting dominated by CG for all these years when you can he happy about winning the conference? Thats just dumb.

OVC championship and the jug > losing in the first round of the tourney.

At least the peake has something to show for this season.

ovc_fan94
Waterboy

Post by ovc_fan94 »

5-5 and sitting at home week 11< 8-3 playing in the tournament

I am from Coal Grove and you should be happy about winning the conference. I will say this you guys were a lot better than your record! You guys played a tough schedule and it killed you! I am just disappointed in how the teams have reacted after the game! You guys won, you should be happy! Why keep talking so much smack? Be happy that you won the game, but show class!

Coal Grove...let's have class ourselves. I didn't like the way this game ended any more than the next guy! The blown call at the end of the game hurt us, but we should have played better through the course of the game! All that matters is what the scoreboard says at the end of the game. Unfortunately for us, we lost! Let's just get ready for next year! Let this one go!!!!

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

I'm not talking smack to anyone. I'm glad CG made it to week 11. But I would much rather have that conference title and the jug sitting in my trophy case than playing another week and getting beat pretty handily. That's just my opinion and I'm not speaking for anyone else. Now Peake can go get ready for hoops season!

Return to “Football”