wk5 Logan (1-3) @ Nelsonville-York (2-2)

A-Town Big Dog
S

Re: wk5 Logan (1-3) @ Nelsonville-York (2-2)

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Again, I agree with most of you that long term this series likely doesn't make sense but currently it WILL help Logan grow and get better. I know the Logan players and the fans are much happier this morning after beating N-Y in a very competitive game than they would be losing to anyone! I actually stayed up last night to watch the game and felt that the two teams were pretty evenly matched and I could see a lot of growth in the Chiefs compared to a season ago. Logan appeared to have some decent size and some nice athletes, better times are certainly coming your way. Congratulations to the Chieftains.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Lmao you guys crack me up ..... Sounds like a pretty good game with Logan getting the edge , I'm sure both teams played there asses off and it now is in the books no matter what div your in....Good luck to BOTH teams in the future. Anything can happen in Friday night ...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Here is my nickles worth......
Logan earned that win, in the end they uotplayed NY.
Goes to show that not having a kicker will hurt you.
I thought at times both teams played like they were 4-0 and at other times both teams played like they were 0-4.
Logans D did an amazing job, but I believe that if we would have pounded the rock more early Mount or Andrews would have broke off a couple big runs and that would have changed the game.
I finally saw our Oline get together and communicate with each other. I saw some seniors coaching up some younger players and I believe that is a sign for things to come.....
Great game to watch.
Congrats to Logan. There will be a bright future in Chieftain country.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Pol Pot wrote: And Logan posters say they shouldn't play Lancaster because Lancaster is so much bigger.
No. Logan posters don't want to play Lancaster because Logan isn't competitive.

I don't see anyone complaining about the Newark game who is also DI and pretty much the same size as Lancaster.

Go Troll elsewhere.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Orange and Brown wrote:Here is my nickles worth......
Logan earned that win, in the end they uotplayed NY.
Goes to show that not having a kicker will hurt you.
I thought at times both teams played like they were 4-0 and at other times both teams played like they were 0-4.
Logans D did an amazing job, but I believe that if we would have pounded the rock more early Mount or Andrews would have broke off a couple big runs and that would have changed the game.
I finally saw our Oline get together and communicate with each other. I saw some seniors coaching up some younger players and I believe that is a sign for things to come.....
Great game to watch.
Congrats to Logan. There will be a bright future in Chieftain country.

O&B -

Agreed. Both teams played hard and physical. Neither team is going to set the world on fire this year. Logan is finally learning what it takes to win and N-Y is rebuilding through youth.

Also felt Logan may have tried to be a little two cute in the second quarter with some of the outside runs. We were dominant inside between the guards most of the night. Looks like moving Emerson from tackle to guard and giving Keith Martin the start at the other guard spot really paid off for LHS. Great performance up front from the Chiefs on both sides of the ball.

Good luck to N-Y the rest of the way.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Pol Pot wrote:
Green Beagle wrote:Oh wow I didnt relize this was a two and six playing.. Then a guy from the two talks smack... Oooooo not real good. Not good at all. Did the Buckeyes really have two freshman running backs? Should be good for the future for the Buckeyes
And Logan posters say they shouldn't play Lancaster because Lancaster is so much bigger.
Probably the best post on this thread!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Size of the school can matter but the number on a team can matter more. Logan has around 49 players and at one time 15 of them were not dressed. That left Logan with 34 boys to play with.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

noreply66 wrote:Size of the school can matter but the number on a team can matter more. Logan has around 49 players and at one time 15 of them were not dressed. That left Logan with 34 boys to play with.
I counted 35 helmets playing reserve ball for Logan on saturday :12222

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

All freshman are playing on the reserves this year.

How did the game come out?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

noreply66 wrote:All freshman are playing on the reserves this year.

How did the game come out?
And all our freshman play jv every year lol.....It is a rare year if we have a freshman team. Not trying to start anything I am just saying since you had mentioned how many kids you have playing.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This is the first year that our freshman played reserves. Numbers are down all through the grades and they have in the area of 50 more boys per grade than when i was in school and we never had a problem. Logan doesn't even get 10 % of their 10 thur 12 boys out for football. It wouldn't shock me that less than 25% go out for fall sports.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

noreply66 wrote:This is the first year that our freshman played reserves. Numbers are down all through the grades and they have in the area of 50 more boys per grade than when i was in school and we never had a problem. Logan doesn't even get 10 % of their 10 thur 12 boys out for football. It wouldn't shock me that less than 25% go out for fall sports.
Freshman didn't even dress when I was in HS.

You had to be an really really good athlete to suite up as a freshman let alone play.
The times they are a changing...Seems like the Hilltop isn't all that has gone away.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

NY usually has a freshman team. They usually dress 40-50 on Fridays- including freshmen. Due to injuries , kids quiting and the fact that some of the schools best athletes are not playing football, there were 33-34 dressed vs. Logan. Hopefully the numbers start coming back up in the next few years. Hopefully this one down, possibly losing season does not keep even more kids from playing.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

poor numbers for Logan with the size ratio of their school.Says something about the state of the program? Or is this a case of travel time for the student athletes during the school year?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

LetsGoPSU wrote:poor numbers for Logan with the size ratio of their school.Says something about the state of the program? Or is this a case of travel time for the student athletes during the school year?
Both. This is the first time in a few decades Logan is not playing a full freshman schedule. I expect it will be the last for a few decades as well.

The big problem really was the injuries to the JV team. In the first few weeks Logan lost approx. 15 kids from either the Varsity or JV and the numbers were just so low that they needed the freshman to round out that group.

Return to “Football”