State Semi Finals Kirtland 44 Nelsonville-York 0

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Kirtland vs. Nelsonville-York DVI State Semi-Final

Post by noreply66 »

No matter where you are from Northwest Ohio or SEO and now live in Maine to Southern California you should always follow and support your home town area. After the regular season everyone needs to put their bad mouthing behind and get behind your area.

Go Bucks and The Burg

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:57 pm Actually, I like to pick on the fans. Most here dismiss the fact its a FANBOARD.

Reality.
Do people really care about those state wide rankings? It had Caldwell over Shenandoah most of the year. Shenandoah was a playoff team and Caldwell was like 4 win team that lost to them by 50.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE NELSONVILLE YORK BUCKEYES. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU N BURG. WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU 2 PLAY ONE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The state wide rankings aren't infallible but when the numbers bring out 80- 86% success rate in predicting week after week, they are highly indictative of picking winners. I always use a rule of thumb that a match that picks one team as the favorite to be favored by less than a TD has to have a probable winner percentage of more than 60% . Less than that and factors such as home field advantage, weather, injuries and strategic matchups can be flipped and account for the 14-20% misses each week. Thus, I look for other factors in picking winners when one is favored by 2 points with 52% probability of winning. Those are problematic. It's rare, very rare to be favored by more than 7 and have probability of more than 60% and lose.

Have gun, will travel
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

FB_IMG_1511372229002.jpg

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

There are 3 games that fall into the grey area and are ripe to be flipped.

Pick Central is favored by 1 with 51% probability of winning over Colerain.

Steubenville is a 3 point favorite with 57% probability over Shelby.

Minster is a 1 point favorite with 53% probability over St. Paul

These are the interesting games where other factors may come into play and flip the outcome.

Have gun, will travel
NYBUCKSFAN
Waterboy

Post by NYBUCKSFAN »

Regardless of anyone downgrading SEO football, you can only play who you play, and given the resources in this area, I'm darn proud of our boys. IMO, we celebrate winning the region, and give it your all on the field tomorrow night. That's all we can ask. Good luck, stay healthy, and enjoy the ride! Go Bucks!

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

If Ny wins the line of scrimmage they WIN ..

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

NYBUCKSFAN wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:28 am Regardless of anyone downgrading SEO football, you can only play who you play, and given the resources in this area, I'm darn proud of our boys. IMO, we celebrate winning the region, and give it your all on the field tomorrow night. That's all we can ask. Good luck, stay healthy, and enjoy the ride! Go Bucks!
SEO will always get the short end of the stick when it comes to what other parts of the state think about high school football. NY just needs to play their game. That is what got them where they are and if they execute, they will be successful.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NY BUCKS wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:45 pm If Ny wins the line of scrimmage they WIN ..
That's just 1 aspect of the game, Rootstown did well against the Kirtland run and was able to pass the ball. However, they had to many turnovers which doomed them. It starts up front but you have to win more than 1 aspect of the game to come away with a win in these type of games.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

79Tiger wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:59 pm
NYBUCKSFAN wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:28 am Regardless of anyone downgrading SEO football, you can only play who you play, and given the resources in this area, I'm darn proud of our boys. IMO, we celebrate winning the region, and give it your all on the field tomorrow night. That's all we can ask. Good luck, stay healthy, and enjoy the ride! Go Bucks!
SEO will always get the short end of the stick when it comes to what other parts of the state think about high school football. NY just needs to play their game. That is what got them where they are and if they execute, they will be successful.
We might only have 5 schools in our county but have played for two state titles recently. Would love to see NY make it 3 state title appearances in 5 years for Athens county

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:08 pm
NY BUCKS wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:45 pm If Ny wins the line of scrimmage they WIN ..
That's just 1 aspect of the game, Rootstown did well against the Kirtland run and was able to pass the ball. However, they had to many turnovers which doomed them. It starts up front but you have to win more than 1 aspect of the game to come away with a win in these type of games.
Thats what will determine the outcome. In the trenches.
I don't look for Kirtland to turn it over Nor do I think Ny will either. .pass coverage i like Ny ..i look for a low scoring game ..might be the first to 20 wins..Ny takes this one.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NY BUCKS wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:03 pm
greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:08 pm
Thats what will determine the outcome. In the trenches.
I don't look for Kirtland to turn it over Nor do I think Ny will either. .pass coverage i like Ny ..i look for a low scoring game ..might be the first to 20 wins..Ny takes this one.
Yeah well that's all the same things Rootstown accomplished last week only thing is the turnover battle. Ultimately that's what decides these games, win the trenches and no turnovers, I like NY chances on winning. Win the trenches but turn it over 2-3 times, Kirtland takes it in a similar score to what they had last week 17-7. Could be right though 1st to 20 wins, but honestly with the way this one plays out I don't know if either will hit 20. Still have to give the overall nod to Kirtland, their schedule being what it was, who they had to play in the playoffs to get to this point and the familiarity they have with the situation. Love for NY to win this one but as I've stated realist in me has to go with Kirtland by 2 scores and that's if NY has zero turnovers. Turn it over 1-2 times and Kirtland will milk the crap out of that clock and win it by 2-3 scores.

turd ferguson
Riding the Bench

Post by turd ferguson »

1 more day! Happy thanksgiving to everyone out in prepland except for paladin lmao

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good luck to NY tomorrow evening. Play Focused, Hard nosed & Elite.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

No matter the outcome of this one, both teams have a lot to be proud off.

Both teams have shown on the field that they just go out and beat whom ever is on the other side of the ball and they have done so in a way that had no doubt made their fans and communities very proud.

Just go out and play your best and may the best team win.

Nothing said by anyone on a message board will determine anything about this game and I do not think anything on this site or any other is bulletin board material.

These two schools are way past that.

I do hope the winner of this one takes state.

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

very well said play hard have fun and bring home the win ny and the burg

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:34 pm No matter the outcome of this one, both teams have a lot to be proud off.

Both teams have shown on the field that they just go out and beat whom ever is on the other side of the ball and they have done so in a way that had no doubt made their fans and communities very proud.

Nothing said by anyone on a message board will determine anything about this game and I do not think anything on this site or any other is bulletin board material.

I don't know the coach from P. East would beg to differ as far as bulletin board material. :lol: :lol: Hope for a good clean, injury free games and good luck to everyone. Those who are going safe travels and try to act civil in the stands. ;)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:34 pm No matter the outcome of this one, both teams have a lot to be proud off.

I'm gonna have to give you an ovation for this post.
:D

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”