Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Re: Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

Post by PirateFan[69] »

1:00 to go
Ridgewood 13
Burg 10
4th Down Burg
timeout Burg, none left

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

FIRST DOWN BURG on Woods 45
47 to go

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Ridgewood 13
Burg 10
FInal

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Yep! INT with 35 sec before half came back to bite the burg tonight

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

14U wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:19 pm Yep! INT with 35 sec before half came back to bite the burg tonight
Sure did.....

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I would have ran Lattimore in the second half until they actually stopped him. Burg kept taking him out and then ran the bubble screen which DIDNT WORK ALL. NIGHT. LONG.

They could not stop him consistently in the second half. Why stop using something if it keeps working??

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I thought burg had the game after tingle was out.
He was in for short yardage and threw a couple passes but really was not a factor. Ridgewood played good defense so props to them.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

Great tv broadcast, thank you for doing this for the fans that couldn't be there tonight. Very nice job!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Great game tonight wish I could have been there! Burg sure shot themselves in the foot in the first half with all those penalties but oh well poop happens! Good luck to Ridgewood the rest of the way!

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Ridgewoods defense won this game no matter who the qb was

Burg grad 85
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

scott1297 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:27 pm Ridgewoods defense won this game no matter who the qb was

First half they did but when Burg got Lattimore going in the second half how do you not keep running him? At least have him back there and run some play action off of that. They kept running that bubble screen and it just wasn’t there all night.

I’m not a fan of his play calling. Never will be. He out thinks himself sometimes and it usually bites them in the butt.

The series they kicked the FG. Derrick runs it all the way to the 20. They take him out and the next play is a QB sneak by Miller. Next play Derrick gets 5. The 3rd down play is a QB keeper by Sanderlin????? That is just dumb. You ride your horse until he needs a break.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:07 pm I’ve never seen a team team hold as much as RW has. Every freaking play they are grabbing jerseys.
Cries a sore loser. If it wasn’t for a cheap shot on the quarterback the clock would’ve been running after second quarter started. I can’t even believe from the start of the week you guys doubted our defense. They were on the field THE WHOLE GAME. And embarrassed the burg. “Our offense soooo much better this year. “ you’d think If that was true you’d be able to score on a defense that was the field THE WHOLE GAME. OVERRATED!!!

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Raycharles wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:40 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:07 pm I’ve never seen a team team hold as much as RW has. Every freaking play they are grabbing jerseys.
Cries a sore loser. If it wasn’t for a cheap shot on the quarterback the clock would’ve been running after second quarter started. I can’t even believe from the start of the week you guys doubted our defense. They were on the field THE WHOLE GAME. And embarrassed the burg. “Our offense soooo much better this year. “ you’d think If that was true you’d be able to score on a defense that was the field THE WHOLE GAME. OVERRATED!!!

Yeah, I’ll cry fool. Every time in the first half that Burg had a big play, here comes a holding or block in the back. Every time Wood ran that jet sweep the receivers just grabbed the jersey and the defender couldn’t get anywhere.

The side judge on the home side called nothing all night.

Doesn’t matter! Even with a healthy Tingle Ironton will hand it to you.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

Was definitely a cheap shot on the QB, and not just by 1 player but 3, so any missed holding calls were poetic justice in my book. I was really surprised at that coming from Burg. Post routes were wide open all night for the Wood, backup QB just not accurate enough to hit the big play down the field. If Tingle plays all game this is a 28+ Wood win. Agree on the Burgs offense. Other than Lattimore I didn’t see anything overly impressive.

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:47 pm

Yeah, I’ll cry fool. Every time in the first half that Burg had a big play, here comes a holding or block in the back. Every time Wood ran that jet sweep the receivers just grabbed the jersey and the defender couldn’t get anywhere.

Cry baby cry! Have fun watching from home next week. Was clear what they were trying to do to Tingle. Injury saved the burg from an absolute “butt” whooping. All those holding calls on burg and they still missed more than half! Only chance burg had was tingle going down and they obviously couldn’t capitalize on worst case scenario for Wood. Have a fun 3 hours back!

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

hammer89 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:48 pm Was definitely a cheap shot on the QB, and not just by 1 player but 3, so any missed holding calls were poetic justice in my book. I was really surprised at that coming from Burg. Post routes were wide open all night for the Wood, backup QB just not accurate enough to hit the big play down the field. If Tingle plays all game this is a 28+ Wood win. Agree on the Burgs offense. Other than Lattimore I didn’t see anything overly impressive.

If that was the case then yes that was sad. I didn’t see it and they didn’t show replays. Lattimore is a stud but they keep taking him out. Everyone in Burg keeps saying the same thing. How do you not keep running him? Word is he might be playing at another river town next year. Dad is not happy in the way they do him and his brother (No. 18)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Amicis_Addict wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:55 pm

Cry baby cry! Have fun watching from home next week. Was clear what they were trying to do to Tingle. Injury saved the burg from an absolute “butt” whooping. All those holding calls on burg and they still missed more than half! Only chance burg had was tingle going down and they obviously couldn’t capitalize on worst case scenario for Wood. Have a fun 3 hours back!

Have fun on your 3 hour drive down here next week for your butt whooping! They might have missed ver half of the holdings on Burg so with that assumption they missed 98% of the Woods. They called two. TWO HOLDING CALLS ALL NIGHT!

That’s okay you’ll see what home cooking is all about next week. Especially if it’s played at Ironton. You couldn’t stop the Sophomore Lattimore for Burg. Burg’s OC did that for you, so you for sure won’t stop Carrico next week.

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:02 pm
Amicis_Addict wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:55 pm

Have fun on your 3 hour drive down here next week for your butt whooping! They might have missed ver half of the holdings on Burg so with that assumption they missed 98% of the Woods. They called two. TWO HOLDING CALLS ALL NIGHT!

That’s okay you’ll see what home cooking is all about next week. Especially if it’s played at Ironton. You couldn’t stop the Sophomore Lattimore for Burg. Burg’s OC did that for you, so you for sure won’t stop Carrico next week.
Maybe.. maybe not.. thing is we will get a shot. dA BuRg won’t! Cry all you want about penalties. Plenty missed on burg too. When it got to winning time.. wood did and burg didn’t. Should really thank us cause if you can’t beat us on a backup QB I wouldn’t wanna see the massacre ironton would hand you guys. So your welcome in that regard!

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:39 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:27 pm Ridgewoods defense won this game no matter who the qb was

First half they did but when Burg got Lattimore going in the second half how do you not keep running him? At least have him back there and run some play action off of that. They kept running that bubble screen and it just wasn’t there all night.

I’m not a fan of his play calling. Never will be. He out thinks himself sometimes and it usually bites them in the butt.

The series they kicked the FG. Derrick runs it all the way to the 20. They take him out and the next play is a QB sneak by Miller. Next play Derrick gets 5. The 3rd down play is a QB keeper by Sanderlin????? That is just dumb. You ride your horse until he needs a break.
When I watched Burg earlier in the year they were taking him out as he was running well. I thought maybe it was because conditioning wasn't there yet but it doesn't sound like it because at this point dude had to be in shape. Run him until the wheels fall off.

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:39 pm

Did the Ashland kid not play QB?? QB sneak by Miller?? Then a QB sneak by Sanderlin??

Was he hurt??

Return to “Football”