DV R19

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Re: DV R19

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Wheelersburg is 9-0 in the playoffs vs teams they played in the regular season (under Woodward).

Week 8: Minford at Wheelersburg – W 14-7
Round 1: Minford at Wheelersburg – W 14-6

Week 4: Fairland at Wheelersburg – W 49-32
Round 1: Fairland at Wheelersburg – W 40-21

Week 1: Ironton at Wheelersburg – W 42-16
Round 2: Ironton vs Wheelersburg at Portsmouth – W 38-7

Week 1: Wheelersburg at Ironton – W 14-6
Round 1: Ironton at Wheelersburg – W 38-7

Week 10: Wheelersburg at West – W 28-7
Round 1: West at Wheelersburg – W 52-7

Week 6: Wheelersburg at Minford – W 21-20 OT
Round 1: Minford at Wheelersburg – W 28-23

2020 Covid Year

Week 10: Wheelersburg at West – W 28-0
Round 2: West at Wheelersburg – W 47-13

Week 1: Wheelersburg at Ironton – L 6-40
Week 10: West at Wheelersburg – W 38-0
Round 1: West at Wheelersburg – W 23-14
Round 3: Ironton vs Wheelersburg at Portsmouth – W 17-14

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:28 am
packers80 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:16 pm
fbnut wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:27 am

Agree
100% agree.
Honestly cannot believe it fell this way. I think we all can agree its Ironton, HP, Burg as the top 3 teams in this region -- in that order. For Burg to land at 7 and HP at 4 is a stroke of luck for the Pirates. Fairland is a weak 2 seed. Burg will sleepwalk to the Regional final. Giving this team a second crack vs either Ironton or HP, with nothing to lose... Oh boy watch out. We could very well see Burg come out of this region.
Fairland is going to give the burg all they want and may even win the game. They’ve had one bad game this year. Don’t sleep on them.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Jonjon wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:02 am

100% agree.
Honestly cannot believe it fell this way. I think we all can agree its Ironton, HP, Burg as the top 3 teams in this region -- in that order. For Burg to land at 7 and HP at 4 is a stroke of luck for the Pirates. Fairland is a weak 2 seed. Burg will sleepwalk to the Regional final. Giving this team a second crack vs either Ironton or HP, with nothing to lose... Oh boy watch out. We could very well see Burg come out of this region.
Fairland is going to give the burg all they want and may even win the game. They’ve had one bad game this year. Don’t sleep on them.
definitely one of the better Fairland teams in recent years. QB Jackson can sure sling it. On a neutral field Burg wins by 20, on that crappy Fairland field, Fairland probably has a better shot.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

100% agree.
Burg will beat Fairland by 28+ at Fairland. Fairland had one bad game because they were physically dominated on both sides of the ball. The same happens here. I look for a Harvest Prep/Burg rematch in the regional championship game.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

GoBigI wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:22 pm

Burg will beat Fairland by 28+ at Fairland. Fairland had one bad game because they were physically dominated on both sides of the ball. The same happens here. I look for a Harvest Prep/Burg rematch in the regional championship game.
I’m sure you said the same thing when ironton was gearing up for playing Gallia and Portsmouth. Ironton survived those games barely. Fairland had a bad game against Ironton. Fairland qb missed multiple home run balls that were wide open and fairland definitely quit towards end of second quarter. Maybe it will happen again, idk.. I doubt it though.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Ironton survived those games barley?? Lol Both wins by 2 scores without Ironton scoring late in the game. Ironton was never in any danger to lose to Gallia or Portsmouth 💯

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Bfan99 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:03 am Ironton survived those games barley?? Lol Both wins by 2 scores without Ironton scoring late in the game. Ironton was never in any danger to lose to Gallia or Portsmouth 💯
Until Ironton shows it's true potential everyone will still doubt them.
Then when they win they will use another excuse why they won.\.
It's a no win situation for Ironton

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

fielddaddy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:02 am
Bfan99 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:03 am Ironton survived those games barley?? Lol Both wins by 2 scores without Ironton scoring late in the game. Ironton was never in any danger to lose to Gallia or Portsmouth 💯
Crazy not to consider Ironton one of the favorites if not the favorite to win the region. They are definitely the odds on favorite.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:38 am
Crazy not to consider Ironton one of the favorites if not the favorite to win the region. They are definitely the odds on favorite.
Harvest Prep is the favorite in this region not saying Ironton or Burg can't win it but percentage wise HP is the favorite and its the playoffs we could have a sleeper team win it who knows

Burg grad 85
CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Ironton is the favorite regardless of how they’ve played the last couple weeks…

HP still has a bad taste in their mouth from the smack down they took last year.

scott1297 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:43 pm

Harvest Prep is the favorite in this region not saying Ironton or Burg can't win it but percentage wise HP is the favorite and its the playoffs we could have a sleeper team win it who knows

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

CrackBack46 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:51 pm Ironton is the favorite regardless of how they’ve played the last couple weeks…

HP still has a bad taste in their mouth from the smack down they took last year.

HP is the favorite to win region 19 its not my opinion look it up on Joe eitel.com

scott1297 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:43 pm

Burg grad 85
Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Ironton is definitely the favorite. Wheelersburg is playing great right now too and could win region. The two premier programs in southeastern Ohio. I’ve watched Fairland play multiple times including the Ironton game when they got murdered. They have a really good team and could upset both of these teams. It would be an upset, but they have many athletes and can do it. Things have to go right, but they definitely can.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I can only comment on what I have seen personally in the region and I think, Prep, Ironton, or Burg are the clear favorites but I have Burg slightly favored. Here's how I rank each team's positions, first through third. Honestly, all three have good players in these positions so these are who I think might be a touch better, based on depth or just how I think they look.

Offensive Line - Burg 1, Ironton 2, Prep 3 (Based on size and depth)
Defensive Line - Burg 1, Prep 2, Ironton 3 (Based on size and depth)
Offensive Running Back - Prep 1, Ironton 2, Burg 3 (prep is pretty much a running team)
Offensive QB - Ironton 1, Burg 2, Prep 3 (Ironton QB more seasoned, Burg QB getting there, Prep not good in this)
Wide Receivers - Ironton 1, Burg 2, Prep 3 (Burg has more depth but Ironton's #4 and #12 are very good in their offense)
Special Teams - Burg 1, Ironton 2, Prep 3 (Ironton has #4 consistent threat, even with Burg's soph having to kick, he can still kick 40yds. Prep not good)
LineBacker - Burg 1, Ironton 2, Prep 3 (Prep linebackers are really good, but I'll give the nod to Burg and Ironton because they play the position better)
Defensive Backfield - Ironton 1, Burg 2, Prep 3 (Strength of Ironton, is fast and tackles well in the open, burg and Prep are close because they have athletes back there)

Total ranking score (low score wins)

Burg 12
Ironton 15
Prep 21

Ironmen56
Waterboy

Post by Ironmen56 »

I think burg plays Ironton in a rematch for the regional championship

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:02 am I can only comment on what I have seen personally in the region and I think, Prep, Ironton, or Burg are the clear favorites but I have Burg slightly favored. Here's how I rank each team's positions, first through third. Honestly, all three have good players in these positions so these are who I think might be a touch better, based on depth or just how I think they look.

Offensive Running Back - Prep 1, Ironton 2, Burg 3 (prep is pretty much a running team)
Offensive QB - Ironton 1, Burg 2, Prep 3 (Ironton QB more seasoned, Burg QB getting there, Prep not good in this)
Wide Receivers - Ironton 1, Burg 2, Prep 3 (Burg has more depth but Ironton's #4 and #12 are very good in their offense)
Special Teams - Burg 1, Ironton 2, Prep 3 (Ironton has #4 consistent threat, even with Burg's soph having to kick, he can still kick 40yds. Prep not good)
LineBacker - Burg 1, Ironton 2, Prep 3 (Prep linebackers are really good, but I'll give the nod to Burg and Ironton because they play the position better)
Defensive Backfield - Ironton 1, Burg 2, Prep 3 (Strength of Ironton, is fast and tackles well in the open, burg and Prep are close because they have athletes back there)

Burg 12
Ironton 15
Prep 21
Agree with your analysis, but IHS has big play ability with Terry that can dramatically impact games.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:08 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:02 am I can only comment on what I have seen personally in the region and I think, Prep, Ironton, or Burg are the clear favorites but I have Burg slightly favored. Here's how I rank each team's positions, first through third. Honestly, all three have good players in these positions so these are who I think might be a touch better, based on depth or just how I think they look.

Burg 12
Ironton 15
Prep 21
Agree with your analysis, but IHS has big play ability with Terry that can dramatically impact games.
Actually that’s a good category to add. Big play or intangibles
For that I’d go
Ironton 1, Prep 2, Burg 3 (although creed warren is pretty similar, he can break one too)

That would make score

Burg 15,
Ironton 16
Prep 23

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Burg 12
Ironton 15
Prep 21
Ironton beat Burg game 1 but we know how that goes. Burg builds steam as the year progresses and Ironton doesn’t. This Ironton team reminds me of the 2021 Ironton team that Burg beat in the playoffs. They’re not near the level of 2022 or 2019. Burg will be a problem for Ironton if they meet again. That said, I see Prep at #3 a lot in your analysis. From what I’ve seen of both teams, Prep beats Burg 9 out of 10 times if they play this year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

GoBigI wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:03 pm

Burg 12
Ironton 15
Prep 21
Ironton beat Burg game 1 but we know how that goes. Burg builds steam as the year progresses and Ironton doesn’t. This Ironton team reminds me of the 2021 Ironton team that Burg beat in the playoffs. They’re not near the level of 2022 or 2019. Burg will be a problem for Ironton if they meet again. That said, I see Prep at #3 a lot in your analysis. From what I’ve seen of both teams, Prep beats Burg 9 out of 10 times if they play this year.
If prep was a team that was more fundamental in all phases, they would be probably one of the top teams in the state in all divisions. It’s no secret they’ve recruited and loaded up on talent. Look at their CB. But They have a long way to go. Right now they rely heavily on their talent.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Prep covering Perkins in man with no safety help repeatedly on 3rd and long was some wild stuff.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:03 pm Prep covering Perkins in man with no safety help repeatedly on 3rd and long was some wild stuff.
Exactly. With a 5’7 corner. Dumbest game plan ever.

Return to “Football”