Off-Season Coaching Changes

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: Off-Season Coaching Changes

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

osu 77 wrote:I would like to see some changes in the Ironton program we have let the caliper of play fall off. Next years players need to hit the weight room. All I heard is how much we hit the weight room all last year but that could not have happened with shape we were in for games this year.
RANT ALERT! RANT ALERT!

Maybe it's time to say goodbye now,
Time to say goodbye!

Keep Vass & get a group of committed cohesive assistants.
Guys that start back @ the beginning of the players career & plant the basics & then pass it up the line. They gotta be available. A staff that lives in the community or extremely close.
By 7-8 grades conditioning, conditioning, conditioning.
Tackling, tackling, tackling.
Quick movement from stance to ball, quick movement to blocking stance. Lightning fast to the ball. Extremely fast successful tackling @ first option.
Defense is your best offense. Pass protection, special teams, & definitely knowing when it's 1-yard & a pile of dust situation, to have new play books to perfect.
I know this is a ton to ask, but it's really the minimum that's needed to be successful after mastering it. If success is no longer wanted @ IHS FB, then don't do this & keep the same in place.
Obviously, it's not getting done & we were very lucky DEZ & the other backs stayed healthy for ovc play.
There's a whole new world of HS FB out there.
The burg took a big bite of that pie & did the best they could & their coaching is elite in SEO.
Then early play of lower class players @ varsity level when they show that ability. Break "OLD" tradition & let'em suit up & play. I'm so tired of the convertiviness @ QB, where they don't take a chance on a possible frosh/ sophomore if he exists. Making a guy wait Til he's a senior 80% of the time, has got to go. I understand it when it falls that way, but @ least approach it as it comes.
Look what happened when the coaches had to rotate in running backs that were frosh here & there. They were ready to play & with more plays would gain confidence & could be a breakout the rest of the season.
RANT END!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

If closing down the weight room is any sign the coaching staff at Ironton needs to go what else do we need. Another 6 and 4 season and winning the OVC the worst league in Ohio. It's time for a change but I think the AD loves these coaches because he can push them around.

1champion00
Waterboy

Post by 1champion00 »

Ironton needs a complete overhaul and that includes the coaching staff especially. JMO

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Who will be the next head coach at Minford? I heard Daniels officially resigned at the board meeting this week

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Game day wrote:If closing down the weight room is any sign the coaching staff at Ironton needs to go what else do we need. Another 6 and 4 season and winning the OVC the worst league in Ohio. It's time for a change but I think the AD loves these coaches because he can push them around.
You guy's are spoiled! get real ironton is a basketball school now!

Falcon 89
Waterboy

Post by Falcon 89 »

Word at BBall last night .. Minford football coach resigned ?

PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by PTownhoops »

Last I saw Ironton play hoops they were terrible (Convo last yr) So I hope they are still a football town.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

I still say Nathan White will be the next head coach at Nelsonville-York

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Does anyone know who NY will hire?

:roll: cats :roll:
ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Herd the miegs x coach is interested.

:roll: cats :roll:
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

If Ironton weight room is not open back up at the first of the year I will be the first to say Ironton football staff and AD need to go.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

4thgoal wrote:Who will be the next head coach at Minford? I heard Daniels officially resigned at the board meeting this week
If he did resign. I would say the next head coach will be Josh Matiz.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BigBlueNation wrote:
4thgoal wrote:Who will be the next head coach at Minford? I heard Daniels officially resigned at the board meeting this week
Congrats to Coach Daniels on a very nice coaching career at Minford. Hate to see him step down but he has definitely put in his time at Minford and a family to enjoy.

Hopefully Matiz gets the job. He is deserving and I think will do a great job at the helm. The young men respond to him and he has earned the respect of Minford natives since coming on board as an assistant.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Bleeding Red wrote:
BigBlueNation wrote:
Congrats to Coach Daniels on a very nice coaching career at Minford. Hate to see him step down but he has definitely put in his time at Minford and a family to enjoy.

Hopefully Matiz gets the job. He is deserving and I think will do a great job at the helm. The young men respond to him and he has earned the respect of Minford natives since coming on board as an assistant.
Hopefully the decision is not a health issue to him or his family. I think coach Daniel's done a great job.
If coach Matiz is named the next head coach I believe he will also do a great job. I do know for a fact that another local school was interested in Josh when they were looking for a coach a couple of years ago.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Matiz does not want a headcoach job.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

falcon1 wrote:Matiz does not want a headcoach job.
Unfortunately you're right. Maybe he will change his mind.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

ttomcat 80 wrote:Herd the miegs x coach is interested.
I heard he is also interested in the Southern job since their board just got rid of the current coach.

Deez Nuts
Waterboy

Post by Deez Nuts »

ttomcat 80 wrote:Herd the miegs x coach is interested.
I haven't heard that one but that would be cool

Ha got eem
Falcon 89
Waterboy

Post by Falcon 89 »

If Matiz doesn't want the job.. Do they stay in house or open it up ?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Bleeding Red wrote:
falcon1 wrote:Matiz does not want a headcoach job.
Unfortunately you're right. Maybe he will change his mind.
Thanks to Daniels success, Minford now has the option to shop around a bit. Good facilities and a new identity for the football program makes Minford a more desirable coaching stop now a days. They'll hire a good replacement for Daniels, no doubt about it.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

Return to “Football”