Playoffs: D4 #7 New Lexington (8-2) @ #2 Westfall (10-0)

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

NOW back to the game.............

Got to give New lex props they never gave up, though it seemed at times their fans did. great job out on the field tonight to everyone.

they had some great plays but was unable to finish it out to get the job done, theres a great future with their program and I look fro them to be in the playoffs again next year.

Now not picking on him or anything but that little guy that kicks has a style like none of us has ever seen before. it's almost like he was dancing or something.

pantherfan1997
Waterboy

Post by pantherfan1997 »

mstangmom wrote:NOW back to the game.............

Got to give New lex props they never gave up, though it seemed at times their fans did. great job out on the field tonight to everyone.

they had some great plays but was unable to finish it out to get the job done, theres a great future with their program and I look fro them to be in the playoffs again next year.

Now not picking on him or anything but that little guy that kicks has a style like none of us has ever seen before. it's almost like he was dancing or something.

yeah he does lol but hes getting better each kick way to go westfall good luck next week!!!!

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

you guys played a great game, you found some weak spots and used it to your advantage.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

A good win for Westfall but definitely some things to learn from and improve. Gose and Hardin each score twice. Westfall forces three turnovers.

New Lex played well in the second half and controlled the tempo. But Westfall also seemed conservative when they had it.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Shout out to Circleville, which brought a nice following and several of their football players to support Westfall. They were encouraging the Westfall players as they came on the field for the second half. Saw some TV, LE and AC folks there too. Nice to see.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

there were also folks there from Washington court house and Miami Trace and several SVC schools. thoght I thnik the piketon, huntington and PV folks were prb. at the waverly game I don't recall seeing any of them.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

There was no stopping Westfall. i dont see them losing a game until riouind four, where they will more than likely play Youngstown Mooney. I was at the Westfall, Nex Lex game and i couldnt find a place to sit. lol I left at the half. Good Luck Westfall

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

mstangmom wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:NOPE. Not what I was referring to. I was talking about some of the other poison that has been floating around in PM's about the program, and the QB. I saw some of it, and it was shameful. No, a better description is REPREHENSIBLE. Why tear down such a wonderful thing? The team is undefeated, yet some people find it necessary to say disparaging things about the kids and team, and this is coming from "supporters" of the program.

Why do some have an axe to grind? The program is on the brink of success, that it has never enjoyed, yet there is poison being spewed that is potentially detrimental, and devisive to the program. At 10-0, WHY???

PM's can be printed, and shared amongst many people. I'll leave it at that.

Steely Dan I am a bit disgusted by this post for a couple of reasons.
1. the person(s) that shared thos Pm's Never should have shared them to begin with.
2. the person(s) who did see those PM's never should have shared it in a public forum that they did see them.

That being said, I will say this. I for one and it is no secret posted on this forum that I did not think Cain deserved to be QB over Keller and was not impressed with him or his abilities during the previews or the first game. Since then I have said though I do not think on here, that DJ has NOW adapted to our offense quite well and has had some impressive moments, I figure next year no one will come close to him and he will outdo anything that smith ever did. unfortunately this year he is out shined by our defense. Anyone who has watched this program play this year would have to agree that the defense is the star of the show.
As for the other stuff in your post I know some of what you are referring to, But it has no place on this forum, and if it is shared in a PM that is where it should have stayed. and never should have been brought up here.

NUFF SAID

Mustang Mom??

DJ is a wonderful QB and he was raised a QB, but the difference you neglect to mention and probably aren't aware is KEVIN SMITH was not raised a QB. He stepped in, dedicated himself for the Westfall Team. He along with his teammates, went in before school every morning to throw and learn the position. He never played QB before in his life and ended up making SVC first team his junior year and won countless awards after that. DO not cut or try and take away anything from him nor compare him to DJ. You have been flip flopping over QB’s since the year has begun, let the boys play some good football and stop cutting past players down. Kevin Smith is still dedicated to Westfall Football and still watches over his former teammates and is playing at the college level. NOW Enough has been said.

hogfarmer
Riding the Bench

Post by hogfarmer »

As I've said all along, there isn't a better QB coach and offensive coordinator around than Coach Keller. Bartholomew, Smith, Cain; the names change but the production doesn't. Glad to hear Kevin Smith is playing ball somewhere. He was as impressive a player last year as I have seen in a long, long time.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Fact is george, I gave Cain a comlpiment when he earned it, flip flop I don't think so I would take Keller over Cain any day but the unfortunate accident prevented that. I know what smith did to earn the position key word there he earned it. I NEVER ONCE CUT SMITH DOWN. all I said was that I figure next year no one will come close to him (as in cain may do well and outdo what smith did, or in english the team can only get better) and he will outdo anything that smith ever did.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

mstangmom wrote:Fact is george, I gave Cain a comlpiment when he earned it, flip flop I don't think so I would take Keller over Cain any day but the unfortunate accident prevented that. I know what smith did to earn the position key word there he earned it. I NEVER ONCE CUT SMITH DOWN. all I said was that I figure next year no one will come close to him (as in cain may do well and outdo what smith did, or in english the team can only get better) and he will outdo anything that smith ever did.

True Westfall Fans/Parents and Past Players all would love to see Westfall get to the next level. They also want them to do better than the past years and we do this without putting poison in between players. If DJ or even Adam Keller takes the team to the next level and out does previous players, then more power to each. We would be proud. But we are not going to take away anything from the past players who also worked hard to help get Westfall to where they are today. True Westfall fans are not like this. We are glad that the Past Players gave this team something to look up to and to shoot for!!! GO WESTFALL!!

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

mstangmom,

Our freshman kicker Kyle Spring is kind of a old fashioned straight on style kicker (vintage 1960s) with a twist. He doesnt make it look pretty, but he usually got the job done for New Lex.

Very proud of the 2007 New Lex Panthers

good luck to the Westfall team in week 12.

Return to “Football”