Chillicothe 2008 football schedule

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Re: Chillicothe 2008 football schedule

Post by DRIFTER »

Locos, I agree totally. I was just reading some of the post and could not beleive the lack of correct info. I think Chillicothe are in for a big surprise in regards to Sheridan. By the way when is the Logan/Sheridan scrimmage. I love watching that every year. Even though just a scrimmage those boys really go after it and seem to have alot of respect for each others programs. I would love to see that as a opening game every year if they didnt beat each other up so bad.

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Drifter, I won't speak for Army or Hilltop, but after last year it is doubtful the Cavs will be overlooking ANYONE. It was quite a dose of humility for a group of kids that have won in the past against very high level opponents (i.e. OCC). As far as Sheridan being the best team on Chilly's schedule, who's to say? Brookhaven and Big Walnut (defending State Champs) aren't exactly chopped liver. Again, these kids should not overlook anyone and know that a repeat of last year is exactly what they are currently trying to avoid by working hard in the off-season. Go Cavs!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

I agree with Lamont Cranston,

I believe Chillicothe will not over look anybody to include Sheridan from the MVL. We have a very tuff schedule this season. We have to play Brookhaven D1 and Big Walnut D3, (2007 State Champs) at their place in non-league play. Then we have Sheridan D3 at home. In SEOAL play we have to travel to Jackson D2 which is a tuff place to play at. We all remember 2006. :shock:

We also have to travel to Portsmouth and play against the Trojans. Although Portsmouth D4 is rebuilding they are always a tuff team for our CAVS to play against at their place. Remember in 2006? We beat them by going for the two point conversion with seconds left in the game 29-28? They are Chillicothe's long time arch-rival. Both schools have been playing against each other in football way before the SEOAL. The CAVS and Trojans have played Football against each other since 1898. They are Chillicothe's only real rival we have. Although Zanesville has been another one since our C.O.L. days, our teams had not played on the field before the SEOAL since 1976. We have to play the Blue Devils up there again this season. The good thing for our CAVS this up-coming season is, we have Gallipolis (Gallia Academy) D4 at home, Ironton D4 at home, Vincent Warren Local D3 at home, (which replaces Marietta D2) and close out the season against Logan D2 at home. Hopefully our CAVS will rebound from last season and shine with the Senior talented squad they will field for the Football Team this up-coming year. They could win the SEOAL if they stay together and play solid on both sides of the field. We will have to wait and see.

Since Chillicothe D3 entered the SEOAL in 2006 our record against the league teams are:

SEOAL South Division Teams

1. Jackson D2 (1-1)
2. Gallipois (Gallia Academy) D3 (2-0)
3. Ironton D4 (1-1)
4. Portsmouth D4 (1-1)

SEOAL North Division Teams

5. Logan D2 (1-1)

6. The Plains Athens D3 (2-0)......The Bulldogs leaves the SEOAL after this season. They enter the TVC-Ohio Division in 2008-2009 school year their first season in the TVC. (best of luck...except when you play my Alma Mater-Wellston) :-D

7. Marietta D2 (1-1)

8. Vincent Warren Local D3 (0-0)..This will be our first season playing them in Football.

9. Zanesville D2 (1-1)....their last season in the SEOAL, the Blue Devils leaves after the 2008-2009 school year. I hope our CAVS continue to play the Blue Devils in Football and Basketball after they depart the SEOAL. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

Good Luck to all Teams in the SEOAL.

GO CAVS...refuse to lose :!: :-D

Roll Big Blue and White to Victory :!: :-D

GO SEOAL :!: :-D

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Army, nice post, thanks for the info. Take this comment from and old coach who has watched many games and coached several teams. Forget about all that D1,D2,D3, whatever. Other than the Mega Big Schools like ST X, Moeller ect, the divisions are close. Example being I think most years the D3 Champ would beat the D2 Champ. Last year Coldwater would have won any division but 1 and they were D4. You have invited one of the best D3 programs in the state of Ohio the past 15-20 years into your house. This is a legendary program and they have all kinds of talent. A big physical bunch of kids. This same team, minus a few starters were ranked between number 5 and 3rd in the state last year before a terrible two week span that saw them loose two QBS, both backs, all their starting db's a total of I beleive 5 starters. I could not think of the names the other day but got that info today. They return four all district players in S/RB Brian Crader # 27, WR/DB Bobby Denny # 18, LB/TE Robert Spillman # 35 and FB/LB Gage Lotozo and they thought his number was # 15. Crader and Lotozo two big backs with good speed. Denny the fastest kid and another big one. Also have the entire dline and offensive line back and they are big. I wish I could make this game, think it will be good. Sheridan brings a crowd you will not beleive.The atmosphere will be wild. I tell you boys, I will pull for you Cavs but you better be ready because if you are not they will make it a long night for you.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

^^^^^^^^^

drifter they will be ready come week 3. but first they are preparing for Brookhaven.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

Drifter-I'm definitely not underestimating the Generals.I grew up 15 minutes from there and have all the respect in the world for Paul Culver.He's a West Liberty Alum, ya know. When I coached at WL, Sheridan was always one of the first schools I visited. One of my worst recruting memories was losing a stud NG named Eli Keiner to the dreaded Glenville Pioneers. He started as a FR and whooped our OL the next year!The only comment I made, which I had to scroll back to find was, that I HEARD they were loaded with Sr's. I take that for what it's worth.I also said the first 5 games would be a test as 4/5 are on the road. Trust me, I'm not downplaying Sheridan. I dont think they'll be the best team we play, but they'll be in the top 3 or 4.You never know what you'll get w/ Brookhaven, Big Nut loses a lot, but their school is growing and they had a very nice JV team. Logan is Logan.
We don't have much info on Sheridan yet, as the team we're focusing on right now as coaches our ourselves. This summer we'll start looking at B-HAven. Week three is a long way off.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

hilltopkid, thanks for the reply. BY the way, I seen Eli a couple of weeks ago, STILL a Stud, looks like he could still start at OU. The comment that got my attention made about Sheridan was made by Army and it is no big deal, just shocking. Beleive he stated Chillicothe should have the upper hand against Sheridan? I just have a hard time understanding where that would come from. When talking about a team like Sheridan and that program, it just shocked me. Brookhaven still has some good skill players returning, Big Nutt should be a good game, they had good depth last year. Logan, we will be strong and physical. I still think Sheridan overall may be the best team you face. I can not wait untill the Logan/ Sheridan scrimmage, that is always fun to watch. Looks like Chilli has things going in the right direction, that is great. I am truly glad for you. Good luck guys, hope everyone stays healthy all season.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

hilltopkid, I was able to get some info on Sheridans projected starters next year. After going through the overexagerated ones that showed all the 6"6 kids I got good info from someone.

2008 Sheridan Projected Starters

OFFENSE

QB Treg Ulmer- 6"2/ 180lbs (SEN)
FB Gage Lotozo 6"1/ 235lbs (SEN) ALL DISTRICT
RB Brian Crader 6"2/ 190lbs (SEN) ALL DISTRICT
WR Bobby Denny 6"0/ 195lbs (SEN) ALL DISTRICT
T John Busby 6"3/ 285lbs (SEN)
T Tyler Davisson 6"2/ 280LBS (SEN)
G Cole Carpenter 5"11/ 240lbs (SEN)
G Colton Price 6"2/ 260lbs (SEN)
TE Robert Spillman 6"1/ 230lbs (SEN) ALL DISTRICT
C Ethan Larue 6"1/ 250lbs (SEN)

T Mat Maynard 6"5/ 260 (Junior) SEEING TIME
T Marcus Moore 6"3/ 290 (SEN) SEEING TIME
G Jack Swinderman 6"4/ 235 (SEN) SEEING TIME

SVC Sports Fan
Waterboy

Post by SVC Sports Fan »

Last edited by SVC Sports Fan on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ravens 2
Waterboy

Post by ravens 2 »

for the sake of the kids, i don't think people should get on here and call people low lifes or tell people to get out of town. this football family has truly lost a good guy i believe. our hearts are very heavy . this young man i truly believe is a good person that for what ever reason got turned down a dark and evil path that somehow got a hold of him. there are alot of people i think that everyone has known at sometime in their life that has made a wrong turn. i have known him since he's been here, he's coached my son and i'm positive that anyone that heard this today that knows him was in total shock just as our family is. i know he loved these kids and cared about them all deeply and loves the game . our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family and i hope he gets turned back down the right road.

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

Amen Ravens Amen

Army
S

Post by Army »

Our prayers are both for the School and our Kids in Chillicothe. I also pray for the coach too. It's sad and shocking.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Prayers to the Chillicothe football family and to Coach.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

It is a sad day for SEOPS. Hilltop was and is a a fun poster. i am sorry to hear of his troubles. i wish him the best and good luck. It does show that even SEOPS is a microcosm of real life.

chillout
Riding the Bench

Post by chillout »

ttt

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

DRIFTER wrote:Army/hilltopkid,

i am a Logan Boy born and raised that now lives outside of Zanesville. I spend all fall going to watch high school football. I coached for many years and can not stay away. I do beleive Chillicothe will be much improved this year. I want to help clear up some things for you before you make a terrible mistake understanding one of your opponents. Sheridan is loaded. Where you got your info i have no idea, but it is not correct. TriValley and Sheridan are the pre season favorites to win the MVL. Who ever said the MVL was weak must be on something. It is every bit as good if not better than the SEOL. Sheridan and TriValley would proboly win it most years. You talk about Zanesville. Sheridan would destroy Zanesville. Sheridan only lost 4 starters from last year. Sheridan will be the best team you play all year with Logan of course. Guys you better get a history lesson. You are talking about a team that has beaten Steubenville, Dover ect in playoffs. Your underestimating this team and program could lead to a long night of bad memories. Good luck to all you boys.

I totally agree with you about people underestimating Sheridan. I too follow ALL HS footbal and not just chilli and last year was the first time I have ever heard of Sheridan not being good. I disagree that the MVL is better than the SEOAL and I GUARANTEE that they will not be the best team we play next year. Look at the schedule...D-1 perenial playoff team Brookhaven. Defending D-3 state Champion Big Walnut. Sheridan will be a very very tough game but they will be the easiest non-conference game IMO. IMO ALL 3 non-League games will be tougher than ALL 7 league games(except MAYBE Logan).

My thoughts also go out to Hilltop Kid. I played for him and he was a good man and a good coach and I wish him good luck. We all make mistakes.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

gymrat, no doubt, sounds like you know your football, but I have to disagree with you. Sheridan played Licking Valley to a tie in a scrimmage, and Valley kicked the crap out of Big Walnut and lost on turnovers. Valley or Sheridan beats Brookhaven easily, any time. Logan will be very good and always physical. But I will tell you something, Sheridan will give you another view on physical! They have three kids that are as good as anyone in the state at D3. Lotozo, Denny and Crader. As far as leagues, the SEOL better in overall depth, but if Sheridan was in it, I think they would win it almost every year. Some years Logan would get them, maybe? I hope you guys get them but do not see it at all. For some that do not know of Sheridans program and to act like it should be a win is ignorant at best. I will root for you boys hard, but they will be the best you see next year hands down.

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

Does anyone know anything about the new asst coaches that are being hired. Who are they and who are they replacing...what will they do etc

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

DRIFTER wrote:gymrat, no doubt, sounds like you know your football, but I have to disagree with you. Sheridan played Licking Valley to a tie in a scrimmage, and Valley kicked the crap out of Big Walnut and lost on turnovers. Valley or Sheridan beats Brookhaven easily, any time. Logan will be very good and always physical. But I will tell you something, Sheridan will give you another view on physical! They have three kids that are as good as anyone in the state at D3. Lotozo, Denny and Crader. As far as leagues, the SEOL better in overall depth, but if Sheridan was in it, I think they would win it almost every year. Some years Logan would get them, maybe? I hope you guys get them but do not see it at all. For some that do not know of Sheridans program and to act like it should be a win is ignorant at best. I will root for you boys hard, but they will be the best you see next year hands down.

Sheridan is always real physical even when they are down.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

My 2 cents -- Sheridan is usually a very good program. Looking at the Chilli schedule, they , again, have a good chance of starting 0-3 . However, I'd rate this seasons game as a toss-up with a bias to Chilli only because they are home .

Sheridan would NOT win the SEOAL regularly because the SEOAL is deeper than the MVL teams. Tri-Valley is only a Johnny -come-lately as they used to get their butts kicked annuall in the league for a very long time ( decades). Sheridan would be at the top of the SEOAL with the best team or two every year. For years, New Lex was a power and Logan beat them several times, albeit loosing a few as well.

The MVL hurts itself with the large number of teams the league usually has, even with the smaller schools, that diminishes the competition and you have a long history of programs ( Maysville , West M., Tri-Valley, Crooksville, Philo and previously River View ) that never had much success, in or out of the league. That said, Sheridan, New Lex and John Glenn have been fairly consistent and the stronger programs over a longer period of time.

Sheridan- Chilli will be a toss up this year.

Return to “Football”