WK4 (3-0) Wheelersburg @ (1-2) Cincy NCH

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK4 (3-0) Wheelersburg @ (1-2) Cincy NCH

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK DOGGIE. BUT OLE BAIT IS HOPIN FER AN UPSET SPECIAL HERE.
THIS PLACE WOULD GET DANG SKIPPY LIVELY IF THAT HAPPENED. AND DOGGIE IT'S 10:07AM, YOU BETTER LOG OFF AND HEAD WEST IF'N YOU WANTS A SEAT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

vincent_chase wrote:Is every Wheelersburg thread going to be about playing Coldwater, who they need to schedule, and how weak their schedule is?? Let it go people, A matchup with Coldwater is miles a way. They seem to be beefing up their schedule as much as they can in the coming years, you can only do so much. It is not like you can just call anyone and say lets play, a lot of things have to align. They can't fix their schedule this year and can't replace teams. So can we please let this go and take it one game at a time and talk about things that are currently happening, those are real, not hypotheticals.
I think it's comical how Wheelersburg is so good that the local teams now aren't "good enough". We're just a couple years removed from Valley beating Wheelersburg yearly. West has beaten them including a sound thumping the last game on Ed Miller grass. Minford. Jackson. Honestly it's kinda disrespectful.

Wheelersburg is up right now, but they will drop off, maybe not as much as these other teams have but they will. These others will be back.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

NOT AS LONG AS THEY'RE PLENTY OF SOWDY COUNTY BOYS WILLIN TO TRAVEL THEY WON'T

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

COULD GET A SEAT EASY TODAY, GAMES TOMORROW

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Oak wrote:
vincent_chase wrote:Is every Wheelersburg thread going to be about playing Coldwater, who they need to schedule, and how weak their schedule is?? Let it go people, A matchup with Coldwater is miles a way. They seem to be beefing up their schedule as much as they can in the coming years, you can only do so much. It is not like you can just call anyone and say lets play, a lot of things have to align. They can't fix their schedule this year and can't replace teams. So can we please let this go and take it one game at a time and talk about things that are currently happening, those are real, not hypotheticals.
I think it's comical how Wheelersburg is so good that the local teams now aren't "good enough". We're just a couple years removed from Valley beating Wheelersburg yearly. West has beaten them including a sound thumping the last game on Ed Miller grass. Minford. Jackson. Honestly it's kinda disrespectful.

Wheelersburg is up right now, but they will drop off, maybe not as much as these other teams have but they will. These others will be back.
Valley has beaten burg 4 times in 40+years... Minford, just as bad.. West is usually a contender. Jackson is decent too. What's your argument?

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Argument is you didn't hear this stuff before this year. Wheelersburg wins the worst region in the history of D5 football and gets running clock by the first team they see in the playoffs and now they are too good to play the area teams. If this is what Wheelersburg really thinks as a community they should ask out of the SOCII and go independent. Schedule this whopper schedule. The area schools should then refuse to play them because that's what they want. Right?

Kinda like careful what you ask for, you may get it.

irishfootball
Waterboy

Post by irishfootball »

Since the thread has turned into a Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg thread I will give you my review of Coldwater after the first three weeks. They have a tall strong QB who also plays corner back. Probably above average speed and arm but will not make you miss like Hoying did. The running backs run hard but may be slower than last year. The receivers appear to have talent but they are still learning to play the position since they didn't play much varsity last year. The offensive line looks very impressive on pass blocking and should improve on run blocking before the season is over. Coldwater has two very big guards who are juniors (6'4"-6'5" & 265-280LBS). The defensive ends have been impressive and the corner backs got burnt deep the first two weeks but looked much better against Marion Local. Overall the offense seems balanced but they have many new players so it's too early to tell how they will improve and transition the rest of the year. Marion Local and Delphos Jefferson ran the ball successfully between the 20s but then the defense stepped up and stopped them. Overall they appear a little slower than last year but they showed a lot of heart in a very hard hitting game against Marion Local last week. Coldwater appears a little less impressive than they were last year but they have many new starters who should improve as the season moves on.

omaha1
Waterboy

Post by omaha1 »

Nobody is saying that Wheelersburg is too good to play area teams. The argument is that, over the past few years, Wheelersburg's schedule has not provided the preparation needed to compete at a "Championship Level." Dropping area teams is not a knock on their program, nor is it Wheelersburg stating they are 'too good' to play teams in this area. The bottom line is, southern ohio football has not provided near the competition as it has in the past and it hurts teams if they are blessed with the opportunity to win their region and move on to state play. Am I saying that by adding larger, more talented schools will result in wins over teams like Coldwater? No, but right now putting 42 up in a half of play is not preparing them for a four quarter dog fight with a talented team. Increasing the level of competition will only improve the team as a whole, and right now and for the next few years that competition probably won't come from southern ohio.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

I agree 100%! Last year after Burg finished the regular season 10-0 and handily beating teams around here, they thought they were ready to take on the world, and got smashed in the mouth by Coldwater. No comparison between the Coldwater team and the teams Burg played during regular season.

This year, Burg has gotten stronger and the teams are weaker, so 42-0 at half in these games is doing nobody any good. Got to try to keep getting better, maximize every talent, and work as hard as humanly possible, to try to compete with a team like Coldwater again.

As my hero Gomer Pyle used to say... Fool Me Once, Shame on You...Fool Me Twice, Shame on Me!

Or in Burgs case, as my other hero George W Bush said...Fool me Once, Shame on You...Fool Me---You Can't Get Fooled Again!

GO BURG, WORK HARD!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

callie15 wrote:COULD GET A SEAT EASY TODAY, GAMES TOMORROW

good point callie,and well taken.maybe the burgers could head to the ironton/Ashland game. since they're so above all the other Scioto and Jackson county schools. apparently all of a sudden they are un unstoppable dynasty. I respect the wheelersburg fans and love to chat with them-------------- the ones I chat with know. but all these new folks posting about burg is not a true reflection of the school district I know. I sold insurance in that area 6 years. they are respectful and hardnosed. and proud of their program, but not like whay you're reading here.------- but it's kinda fun to watch. hard not to they dominate every ironton topic. I could start a topic about a goat for sale in ironton, and you'd see burg fans all over it.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

So when Valley, Ironton, and West had very good teams in the last few years and beat Wheelersburg they should've been crying the next year to drop Wheelersburg because they didn't prepare them to advance in the playoffs?

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

No, of course not. I can't recall all the scores, but I do remember the last 2 Valley games were a Loss 10-7 and a Loss 9-7. It wasn't 42-0 at half.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

I would like to see burg replace 1-2 of their current opponents but things will eventually even itself out. I don't expect the burg to go 0-10 but there will be seasons coming where the talent will dictate a 6-4 record as a pretty good year. the past few years have just been a perfect storm, everything has come together for burg, talent coaching etc.. and most of the local teams have really been down for a few years.

omaha1
Waterboy

Post by omaha1 »

Wheelersburg has not gone 6-4 since 2006, and with that being said, the standard set there will never allow a 6-4 record to be a pretty good year. What time frame do you predict this happening? 5yrs? 10 maybe? There's no way that someone can predict what will happen with a team in 5 years solely based on talent from kids in middle school or grade school. Kids develop, coaches develop, the game changes, and if you don't, you get left behind....I hope that every team in southern ohio improves over the next few years just so the fans can enjoy competitive, high level football.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:

good point callie,and well taken.maybe the burgers could head to the ironton/Ashland game. since they're so above all the other Scioto and Jackson county schools. apparently all of a sudden they are un unstoppable dynasty. I respect the wheelersburg fans and love to chat with them-------------- the ones I chat with know. but all these new folks posting about burg is not a true reflection of the school district I know. I sold insurance in that area 6 years. they are respectful and hardnosed. and proud of their program, but not like whay you're reading here.------- but it's kinda fun to watch. hard not to they dominate every ironton topic. I could start a topic about a goat for sale in ironton, and you'd see burg fans all over it.
Lmao! Pot calling the kettle black! Ya probably post on burg topics more than any burg fan! When are ya just gonna move to burg and get it over with bait? Love how ya try n stir up the poo tho. Then claim your above that sort of thing... Hypocritical obviously!!! And thx for inviting burg fans to the ironton game... at least some of us will prolly go..... Better than you can say.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

omaha1 wrote:Wheelersburg has not gone 6-4 since 2006, and with that being said, the standard set there will never allow a 6-4 record to be a pretty good year. What time frame do you predict this happening? 5yrs? 10 maybe? There's no way that someone can predict what will happen with a team in 5 years solely based on talent from kids in middle school or grade school. Kids develop, coaches develop, the game changes, and if you don't, you get left behind....I hope that every team in southern ohio improves over the next few years just so the fans can enjoy competitive, high level football.
I'm pretty sure most people predicted valleys demise this year based on what the kids they have looked like at the lower levels, same with ironton.
the burgs jr #'s are down and they aren't world beaters just saying. fans will never accept a 6-4 record but football people will understand based on talent that 6-4 can be a pretty successful season.

omaha1
Waterboy

Post by omaha1 »

JTEK wrote:
omaha1 wrote:Wheelersburg has not gone 6-4 since 2006, and with that being said, the standard set there will never allow a 6-4 record to be a pretty good year. What time frame do you predict this happening? 5yrs? 10 maybe? There's no way that someone can predict what will happen with a team in 5 years solely based on talent from kids in middle school or grade school. Kids develop, coaches develop, the game changes, and if you don't, you get left behind....I hope that every team in southern ohio improves over the next few years just so the fans can enjoy competitive, high level football.
I'm pretty sure most people predicted valleys demise this year based on what the kids they have looked like at the lower levels, same with ironton.
the burgs jr #'s are down and they aren't world beaters just saying. fans will never accept a 6-4 record but football people will understand based on talent that 6-4 can be a pretty successful season.
I agree that most people predicted Valleys demise, but let's be honest here. Valley, traditionally, has not had the teams that Wheelersburg has brought to the table. A down year for wheelersburg is at worst 7-3 and over the past couple decades, those have been far and few between. I would be more than happy to see them go 7-3, as long as the first part of the schedule is beefed up a bit. 7-3 with good competition is IMO, better than running through a 10-0 schedule. Also, Burg jr high numbers may be down, but compared to what? The classes that are on the field now? If you're comparing them to this years numbers, then yes, they're down, but not compared to the numbers of the past.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Didn't Burg play NCH in the basketball State final a few years ago?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:

Hey bait, heard there's a time machine for sale in ironton. Wanna trade back so u can re-watch the glory days?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Back to the topic. Does anyone know if there is any good parking at nch?

Return to “Football”