Valley @ Burg updates

my2cents
S

Re: Valley @ Burg updates

Post by my2cents »

Valley had the same problem with the Burg running game that Portsmouth did, They could'nt contain the runners on the outside runs. Up the middle they faired pretty well but anything to the outside, once the corner was turned it was a footrace to the endzone and valley lost every race.
Some things that didn't make sense to me was after it started pouring the rain and the wind was whipping around in all directions, the burg decides to try some pass plays. ?????
Yates came in to QB several down in the 3rd quarter and took snaps from Shotgun, only to try and run on each play for losses.
Weather was not a factor in this game. It was over before the rains hit and the field stayed in good shape til the end. Crabtree being out for Valley probably didn't help them ,but I don't think it would have made a difference in the end.
I see Minford winning the SOCII outright next weekend.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

On valleys second score- was that offensive pass interference- i seen the receiver push off of the defender or was it just a good play and got away with one. :122249

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

Neutron Man wrote:
preps_fan1980 wrote:field held up well. it rained pretty well from the middle of the 3rd on. valley played well in the 1st half. i was somewhat surprised by their intensity.

Surprised by their intensity? Valley is always pumped up against burg! Then coin toss comes and they tuck tail! I know this season they finally broke the TD curse but still 2003-2009 Burg has outscored Valley 208-17!! But coming into the game and well into the 1st Quarter, Valley stays Pumped up!

:lol: ...then the coin toss comes... :lol: :lol: i thought they did pretty good through the 1st half. maybe the rain hurt a little, i thought they'd pass alot more.

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

Burg#1 wrote:On valleys second score- was that offensive pass interference- i seen the receiver push off of the defender or was it just a good play and got away with one. :122249

looked to me like they both had their hands on each other. it was a good play to get away and go up and get the ball though.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Burg#1 wrote:On valleys second score- was that offensive pass interference- i seen the receiver push off of the defender or was it just a good play and got away with one. :122249

Burg fans will say he pushed off.
Valley fans will say he didn't so why ask?
The Zebras say he didn't and it resulted in a TD!
Pointless pretty much!

But he pushed off.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

I was right in front of it, and the reason it wasn't called a push off was because the defenders feet slipped out from underneath him. There was contact but the defender slipped in the wet grass.

Return to “Football”