D4 - Region 15: (#8) Alexander at (#1) Amanda-Clearcreek

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

HelmetSplitter
Waterboy

Re: D4 - Region 15: (#8) Alexander at (#1) Amanda-Clearcreek

Post by HelmetSplitter »

Great job Spartans! The community is very proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The offense moved the ball pretty well and I think that may have surprised some people. Gotta keep hitting the weights and work on cutting those 1st down false start penalties out next year!!!!!!!!! Amanda is a great team with a tradition that everyone would like to have! Good Job Amanda, we will be cheering for you guys in Spartan land :!: Wouldn't mind getting beat by the state champs :lol: You guys really tightened up in the redzone. I know twice Alex couldn't capatalize. One being 1st and goal on the 3 and they got a false start penalty. Props to the D. Great season, Seniors you will be missed. A load of talent returning next year.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Amanda has never had a flashy offense and usually look a step slow to the naked eye but they've won state championships and many playoff games over the years by doing what they do. Their defense has always been very solid, fundementally sound and is THE staple of their team.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

FOS - You are correct. To sum it up..........

Fancy? No. Solid? Yes. Fundemental and effective? Yes!

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Steely Dan wrote:
TIGERS90 wrote:I am picking Coshocton big in this one...should be at least 14 if not 21

I don't know if I agree with the point spread, but maybe the outcome. Here's why I say this.......

First time seeing AC play. Nice town, too small of stands for the home and visitors sides (I digress, forgive me, just had to get that out). Great town support. Loved the RV that was eating up half the street, right across from the field, with the tailgate. If you're gonna do it, do it up right! Kudos!!

Now, about the team. Lot of kids on AC's roster, really good size, but frankly, watching tonight's game, no standout athletes that I would consider a difference maker for AC. AC is extremely disciplined, basically sticks to what they do well, and just play a pretty simple game of football.

I have a feeling that if they run into a spread team with a great QB, they are in trouble. Kenton, with the Mauk kid, would absolutely ring it up on AC, as an example.

Was I impressed with AC? Yes. Did I walk out of the stadium thinking state champs? No, not at all.

Last friday...I watched them too...and even with the big back...I saw the same thing...they were a good team...just not a great team...they have two or three solid Offensive linemen...and a good Linebacker...their running backs are ok...they do a good job against a weak line...but against a good line and good linebackers...corners...defensive ends...I don't believe they would fare too well...I guess we will see...and that is why we play the games...I have heard from a Coshocton fan that they have two real good backs..but haven't heard much more...Should be a good game...Sounds like Coshocton knows how to score...I wouldn't believe CC will score many points on a good defense...and If they get a hold of a good offensive team..they could be in real trouble...vulnerable...is an understatement...

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Congrats on a great year Alex!! It may have been a tough loss last night...but remember Amada had only givin up 14 points, once all year...so good job offense...good job Spartans! Im sure you represented the TVC very well...maybe next year we can get 3 or 4 teams in the postseason!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Congrats on your great season Alex! :-D

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congrats to the aces, hope we get to meet. :-D

acespop
Waterboy

Post by acespop »

Steely Dan wrote:
TIGERS90 wrote:I am picking Coshocton big in this one...should be at least 14 if not 21

I don't know if I agree with the point spread, but maybe the outcome. Here's why I say this.......

First time seeing AC play. Nice town, too small of stands for the home and visitors sides (I digress, forgive me, just had to get that out). Great town support. Loved the RV that was eating up half the street, right across from the field, with the tailgate. If you're gonna do it, do it up right! Kudos!!

Now, about the team. Lot of kids on AC's roster, really good size, but frankly, watching tonight's game, no standout athletes that I would consider a difference maker for AC. AC is extremely disciplined, basically sticks to what they do well, and just play a pretty simple game of football.

I have a feeling that if they run into a spread team with a great QB, they are in trouble. Kenton, with the Mauk kid, would absolutely ring it up on AC, as an example.

Was I impressed with AC? Yes. Did I walk out of the stadium thinking state champs? No, not at all.

I don't know if you'll get this. Not impressed after a back gashes you at will for 250 yards. No incompletions. We threw the ball when we wanted to. You never made us have to throw. Yes Alex scored 14. 7 against the varsity and 7 in garbage time with two freshmen on the field. You need numbers. Amanda players only play one side of the ball. Come out rested and usually push the other team back. We have great speed on the outside. Your runner on a break away was caught from behind by the corner from the opposite side of the field. We played 4 spread teams to start the season. LU scored 10 and the rest were shutouts. And before you go commenting about the competition Two qualified for play-offs, two just missed. We played a state qualifier in week 7. Spread offense same result. A ZERO

When we bring home the harware you can eat your words and say "we lost to the state champs..

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

This isn't my thread, but give the guy a break, he did say, "With a GREAT QB". None of those teams have D-1 potential QB's with diverse receivers.
I'm neutral in this, but see the point. After seeing CW suffer in good weather (against Logan), I am wondering myself what kind of game it would have been if Amanda played them on a dry day, without the mud and rain, having a better QB and Receivers. The State tournament will yield that-unless it happens to rain that week! lol
Good luck and health to both teams.

Return to “Football”