D5 - R19: (2) Oak Hill vs. (6) Ridgewood at Lancaster

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

oak_hill_oaks
Waterboy

Re: D5 - R19: (2) Oak Hill vs. (6) Ridgewood at Lancaster

Post by oak_hill_oaks »

Oaks need to take this kickoff and drive down for a score and get the lead back.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

Why do you attempt a FG before the half? Did they forget they missed two XPT's. You gotta try and get 6 right there. I mean you get the ball at half too.....bad coaching decision Oaks!!

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

these refs are bad and so are the announcers hard to understand what is going on???

oak_hill_oaks
Waterboy

Post by oak_hill_oaks »

Hate to say it, but I feel our coaching decisions at the end of the half really cost us...........but anyway.

Great season Oaks. I think you surprised a lot of people this year.
We are proud of you!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Great season Oak Hill, gave Ridgewood all they wanted. Look forward to seeing this team again next season on the gridiron.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

i guess slone wasn't waving to the crowd all game long like last week. he is a little too cocky for his britches. he is good but as an outsider watching him last week it turned me against him. just play the game and be done with it but he was trying to bring attention to himself all game last week. what goes around comes around.

oak_hill_oaks
Waterboy

Post by oak_hill_oaks »

rico suave wrote:i guess slone wasn't waving to the crowd all game long like last week. he is a little too cocky for his britches. he is good but as an outsider watching him last week it turned me against him. just play the game and be done with it but he was trying to bring attention to himself all game last week. what goes around comes around.

Do you even know Jesse Slone? Obviously not! Because if you did you wouldn't be here making those3 kind of statements about him.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I just got back from this one and I.M.O. the better coached team won this one.

Oak Hill was much better than I thought they would be.

Ridgewood seemed to know where to be almost all of the time on defense but came up a few steps short a lot.

Being I had no dog in this fight I can say the refs did a nice job from what I was able to see.

oak_hill_oaks
Waterboy

Post by oak_hill_oaks »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I just got back from this one and I.M.O. the better coached team won this one.

Ridgewood seemed to know where to be almost all of the time on defense but came up a few steps short a lot.

Being I had no dog in this fight I can say the refs did a nice job from what I was able to see.

What did you think of OH's decision to have Ridgewood rekick towards the end of the 1st half? Knowing the strength of their kickers leg, and the lack of time left on the clock wouldn't you have taken the ball at the 35? I thought this could have been a major turning point in the game, especially knowing how close OH came to scoring before half anyway. The extra yardage and the extre 5 seconds or so that could have been saved might have allowed OH to score.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

Oak Hill has a VERY good team. They did surprise me. I can't believe they only beat Minford by 6 points, they must have really improved since that game. Their line is big and fast, and the backs run hard, and the recievers are solid. That being said, the Wood made the plays when they needed to. I think the Wood's playoff experience and special teams won out tonight. The Wood also made some uncharacteristic mistakes (TD called back, all those penalties in the red zone) and their defense bent all game long, but did not break at all in the second half. I do question some of the decisions by Oak Hill's coaching staff. You don't give the Wood's kicker another chance, and you go for a TD at the end of the half, instead of a field goal. I don't think Oak Hill's kicker got the ball more than 3 feet off the ground on both PAT attempts and the field goal attempt.

Also, I hope all people from Oak Hill are not representative of the ignorant and juvenille behavior by ADULTS that I witnessed after the game. Get some class and grow up folks. Maybe you all should take lessons from Minford fans on what it means to have class, because I can tell you there was no comparision between last week and this week.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

i dont know why they were all over the refs??? they should have got a15yrd pen. when the coaches all 3 were warned.. hell we have are coach step on the field and wamm 15 yards...at thier house .. grow up..wood did have many mistakes this week.. #32 you young man run hard great game . i guess norm didn"t pick these refs. thanks on the above comment on CLASS....
Last edited by bushmaster24 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

Ridgewood is the team that had a TD called back, and I bet they had more yards in penalties, so I hope nobody starts the "we got screwed by the refs" crap.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Keep your heads up oaks!! It was a great season, hope to be back in the playoffs next year!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Congrats to Oak Hill on a great season. I'm sure this loss hurts, but you should still be very proud of your accomplishments. 11 wins is something special.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Barring disaster or mental breakdown, Oak Hill will be scary next year...possibly challenging for the region...I could see them, West, and Burg all in the mix next year

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

bushmaster24 wrote:i dont know why they were all over the refs??? they should have got a15yrd pen. when the coaches all 3 were warned.. hell we have are coach step on the field and wamm 15 yards...at thier house .. grow up..wood did have many mistakes this week.. #32 you young man run hard great game . i guess norm didn"t pick these refs. thanks on the above comment on CLASS....

So, is what your saying there Bushmaster, the Oaks got into a close game and couldn't hug the Refs so they got beat?

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I just got back from this one and I.M.O. the better coached team won this one.

Ridgewood is FAST! it seems like watching them you are holding your breath for someone to break away.
Their Defense is fast as well! Wow!
Oaks did a nice job! Congrats on a great season.

Some of the moves by the coaches baffle me too!
Field Goal when the kicker hadn't come close to making a kick all night?
Having Ridgewood rekick before half. don't think it would have mattered.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

hammer89 wrote:Ridgewood is the team that had a TD called back, and I bet they had more yards in penalties, so I hope nobody starts the "we got screwed by the refs" crap.

Well called game IMHO,
I thought it was funny when the Oaks Booed on the personal foul and the Oaks player had the Ridgewood player by the face mask, lol

Little too much waiving to the fans for me too??? what is that about? I doubt a High School Crowd makes a difference in noise?

cb_09
Waterboy

Post by cb_09 »

I witnessed numerous no calls for both teams. The less flags the better I believe. I came away very impressed with Oak Hill's team. I believe they will have a tremendous season next year.

bobcatfan4728
Freshman Team

Post by bobcatfan4728 »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:
hammer89 wrote:Ridgewood is the team that had a TD called back, and I bet they had more yards in penalties, so I hope nobody starts the "we got screwed by the refs" crap.

Well called game IMHO,
I thought it was funny when the Oaks Booed on the personal foul and the Oaks player had the Ridgewood player by the face mask, lol

Little too much waiving to the fans for me too??? what is that about? I doubt a High School Crowd makes a difference in noise?

I agree with the waving to the fans. If you want to be a cheerleader then get on the sidelines if you want to play ball then play ball. I hate seeing it in high school and college. This was my frist time seeing Oak Hill this year it seemed to be a hard fought game.They played good a few missed plays on defense lead to the scores if they cover the WR not letting him 5 yards behind you then maybe the touchdown(s) doesn't happen. Ridgewood was very good at disguiseing where the balll was going good luck to them in the rest of the playoffs.

Return to “Football”