Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

here4fun
Varsity

Re: Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

Post by here4fun »

NewEra wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:Nobody was even talking about Valley until the Minford people brought them up and started talking about how weak Valley schedule is, and how big of "World Beaters" Minford is. Minford acts like the whole county should be shaking in their shoes at the thought of the Mighty Minford Falcons coming to play football. By the sound of most Falcon fans on here, poor Wheelersburg should just not even show up and Valley should forfeit. No one stands a chance.
Better quit worrying about Valley and start worrying about Burg, Because they are going to flat wear Minford out. And after that, Waverly may do the same.
I like the Minford people and the Minford community, but there are a few posters on here that completely ruin the credibility of everyone else. Most teams do have fans that dont have a clue and bang their chest. Even Valley may have a few.
Just because Valley was a turnover or so away from being exposed by Waverly doesn't mean Minford will do the same.
A good team will cause you to make mistakes Waverlys QB had somebody in his face all night long thats what a good deffence does Burg and Minford will find that out the hard way..... 8)

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Here4Fun wrote:
NewEra wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:Nobody was even talking about Valley until the Minford people brought them up and started talking about how weak Valley schedule is, and how big of "World Beaters" Minford is. Minford acts like the whole county should be shaking in their shoes at the thought of the Mighty Minford Falcons coming to play football. By the sound of most Falcon fans on here, poor Wheelersburg should just not even show up and Valley should forfeit. No one stands a chance.
Better quit worrying about Valley and start worrying about Burg, Because they are going to flat wear Minford out. And after that, Waverly may do the same.
I like the Minford people and the Minford community, but there are a few posters on here that completely ruin the credibility of everyone else. Most teams do have fans that dont have a clue and bang their chest. Even Valley may have a few.
Just because Valley was a turnover or so away from being exposed by Waverly doesn't mean Minford will do the same.
A good team will cause you to make mistakes Waverlys QB had somebody in his face all night long thats what a good deffence does Burg and Minford will find that out the hard way..... 8)
?

So are you going to go ahead step out and say Valley will win both of those games, and go 10-0?

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

I think Valley will beat Minford and besides ironton Valley will be burgs toughest game of the year....

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Valleys last regular season loss was in week 10 of 2010 to Minford and some incompetent officials. Like someone said earlier in this thread. " the film does not lie". Valleys current starting QB is the same one that started that game as a sophomore. Valley will have to take care of business this year and not give the refs a chance to give Minford another gift. I don't like to predict games till game week, but Minford will not be the hardest game Valley has played. Don't even think they will be second. IMO opinion, I think Coal Grove is better than Minford.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

nutronron2012 wrote:Valleys last regular season loss was in week 10 of 2010 to Minford and some incompetent officials. Like someone said earlier in this thread. " the film does not lie". Valleys current starting QB is the same one that started that game as a sophomore. Valley will have to take care of business this year and not give the refs a chance to give Minford another gift. I don't like to predict games till game week, but Minford will not be the hardest game Valley has played. Don't even think they will be second. IMO opinion, I think Coal Grove is better than Minford.
I agree 100% Minford did get a gift that night as well the year before "the on side kick" lets not leave it in the officials hands again......
Last edited by here4fun on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

Everybody has their opinion... And my opinion is u valley dudes are dumb @$$'s... Well see u guys in two weeks after burg beats up on ur team

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

A-Bomb wrote:Everybody has their opinion... And my opinion is u valley dudes are dumb @$$'s... Well see u guys in two weeks after burg beats up on ur team
Some people's children..... :mrgreen:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Obviously facing the Mohawks this week Valley fans have a little extra time on their hands. Can't say that I blame them. But crying about a questionable call years ago is a little overboard. I too watched that game film and I didn't think he got in.

I also think Valley has a shot to beat Burg just as Minford does. Although Minford and Valley haven't played Ironton and Jackson, they have however won every game thus far.

Anyone that says Burg will blow either of these teams out are either homers or meth heads!

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

This whole thread is hilarious!!!! Its fun watching Valley and Minford argue over 2nd Place lol!!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

The same posters go back and forth EVERY Week and discuss the EXACT same things. Who cares about Valley (in regards to this topic)...this is MINFORD vs. BURG.

Come on ladies....get it together.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Bleeding Red wrote:Obviously facing the Mohawks this week Valley fans have a little extra time on their hands. Can't say that I blame them. But crying about a questionable call years ago is a little overboard. I too watched that game film and I didn't think he got in.

I also think Valley has a shot to beat Burg just as Minford does. Although Minford and Valley haven't played Ironton and Jackson, they have however won every game thus far.

Anyone that says Burg will blow either of these teams out are either homers or meth heads!

i will save your plate of crow so it can be served cold about 11:00 friday!

Stu Pedasso
Waterboy

Post by Stu Pedasso »

BurgPunk wrote:
Sheik Yerboutie wrote:Is the new stadium right where the old one was?
Yeah...exact same location...also believe you will be totally impressed. Turned out nice!
The field and home bleachers are nice, still have the same small visitors bleachers, would have liked to have seen that changed and made larger

Stu Pedasso
Waterboy

Post by Stu Pedasso »

wink wrote:
Badboy wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:

Ironton might have ran up and down the field, but sure didn't dominate that game. Take away the fumble for a TD (Burg player did not have possession) the pass interference against the Burg on 4th down(not a lot of contact) and the non PI call against Ironton in the endzone(Drrabbitt has the pic) and Burg wins that game going away.

i wish u would make up your mind already. first they pretty much shut down ironton, then they ran up and down the field.

regardless burg didnt beat ironton. ironton stopped burg's high powered offense enough to win.
but minford ain't no ironton either. ;-) :mrgreen:

No,but they have a decent kicking game ,which will take away the short field advantage Wheelersburg has seened to enjoy against opponents thus far

SiderGuy12
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderGuy12 »

Wheelersburg by one or two scores. I have watched minford play and I have seen film from the burg. Burgs offense is phenomenal when it comes to big plays. Minford is very physical and they do not give up at any point in a game. Minford must limit big plays, but easier said than done.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

SPAMONY wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Obviously facing the Mohawks this week Valley fans have a little extra time on their hands. Can't say that I blame them. But crying about a questionable call years ago is a little overboard. I too watched that game film and I didn't think he got in.

i will save your plate of crow so it can be served cold about 11:00 friday!
Careful Spamony......you could easily get a belly full of it yourself, as you are the guy who said that the SOC II champ would be the winner between these 2 teams tomorrow night. :)

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

What happened to the Burg- Minford freshman football game for tonight?

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Red you are 100% correct. I did say that and stand behind that statement 100%. The winner of this game will be the SOC II Champ!!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

SPAMONY wrote:Red you are 100% correct. I did say that and stand behind that statement 100%. The winner of this game will be the SOC II Champ!!!!
We'll see.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

SPAMONY wrote:Red you are 100% correct. I did say that and stand behind that statement 100%. The winner of this game will be the SOC II Champ!!!!
I saw another thread where you said Valley would finish 4 or 5 in the SOC... I also saw where you said Valley may be the only game Portsmouth wins. I saw a thread where you thought CG would beat Valley. I guess if you change your prediction enough you'll eventually get it right.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

And I agree that Valley is the underdog against Minford and Burg... They may lose both, but you've made enough statements that this one doesn't leave me inclined to listen.

Return to “Football”