Ironton Football 2015

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton Football 2015

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

at least we hain't got them funny lines on our field at tanks memorial stadium. I hope that don't go to catchin on there.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

I would like for someone to find a soccer ball in MAC country. I don't know of any area up here that does not have pee wee football.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GREAT POINT.

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Here are some Ironton schedule updates I found on the OHSAA website:

The OVC Football Preview will be played at 5:00pm on August 15 at Ironton. That is just 3 weeks from Saturday.

Ironton will play a "Jamboree Game" scrimmage against the Cleveland Knights in Ironton on August 22. While it is a bit tough to get information on this squad, they are described as a private, Christian-based non-OHSAA team, also known as the Cleveland Football Prep Academy. It sounds like it is some kind of club or travel team. In 2013 they played OHSAA teams like Conneaut and Beachwood, but I couldn't find anything on who they played last year.

Last but not least, the game against Rock Hill on October 16 will be played in Ironton. That will give Ironton a balanced 3 home and 3 away game schedule in the OVC. With that change, however, Ironton's overall schedule now boasts a 6 home game slate.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I couldn't find anything recent either, but curious about this team,they sure got a long haul for this one
http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/n ... m-hey-tim/

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wow, sounds exciting. dang. 3.5 weeks away.
where in the heck did summer go to.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

keep the Gatorade comin boys and the conditioning running cause your going to need it for game #1 :lol:

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton should have a solid year.
I have a friend in Middletown Ohio and he knows High School football he said Ironton could be a huge sleeper this year with their backfield and offensive line.
He said if they are conditioned properly and avoid injuries they should be a beast.
He said the Qb spot should be stable if Ironton sticks to a control ball game and said they may have some speed on the outside if needed in the passing game which is great to hear.
He said he is impressed with the defense but the big concern was conditioning with players playing both ways.
He said the talent was there now the question is if Ironton can put it together.
GO Tigers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you know piratedan2 what I don't understand. coke is ironton's sponsor. they can get all the free powerade powder they wanted to mix by the 5 gallons.i drink it after yard work and feel like a new man.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it's 100 times superior to water alone. I've been on this bandwagon for 2 many years to count.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Powerades got to much sugar Gatorade is better.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Water is the best thing period. But drink it all day long not just when you are thirsty. Anything that has the word aid in it usually isn't good for you. Hopefully you never get 'em. The Power and the Gator will give you diabetis and ruin your liver. Water is good. But even with that you gotta watch not to over do it too. There's a lot to everything, but just like any type of medicine, the less you need the better you will be.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Sounds like Ironton has things set to go for a great season. Hopefully it will be a new bench mark season and get Coach Vass a nice start to his young career with a Championship Trophy. Hopefully it shows some of these kids that have been saying maybe next year that they should have played this year and not to miss another year. Football at Ironton is a true honor just to be on the team and I believe it is still just alive and well as it was when I was a kid. If you ask anyone who was a part of a Bob Lutz squad in any way I am sure they will have a slew of memories. I'm sure too many to tell in many sittings. Ironton is a football school no matter how much anyone wants to not make it be so. Just today I spoke to a young kid who is getting ready to play for the grade school team. He said he had played for six hours outside yesterday practicing to get ready for the season. My son, who plays HS, was helping me cut a lawn nearby. This kid had been looking forward to my son coming to cut that grass all week. He knew my son had told him he would pass ball with him and teach him some things. Coach Vass is a very young coach. To have a program sitting in the shape it is right now is outstanding. The kids of Ironton are still very hungry. That kid made me smile. I ended up doing most of the work there because that kid deserved his time more than I did.

Ironton joined the OVC this season in football. I have heard people say the OVC is down and that Ironton is becoming a basketball school. Well, Ironton and Portsmouth always have talent and will have good teams and Chesepeake is supposed to have one of their best teams in years. Coal Grove has a very solid backfied and one of the biggest lines in southeastern Ohio. Fairland made it to the playoffs two years ago while South Point has a new coaching staff and Rock Hill might surprise some people this year. They have a good group of talent and remember this is the same coach who brought two teams into Ironton to play the Tigers in the first round of the playoffs, one which lost three botched snaps or it could have been real interesting. Ironton going to the OVC will give the Tigers plenty of work throughout the regular season and keep kids from facing teams that were division one just so we could get a game. We can still schedule the Ashland, Beachwood, Russell, Burg or even a Jackson or Logan or maybe even a Belfry if the option ever comes available. That is what makes it so good. Our kids will continue to play good teams inside and outside the league.

As far as basketball goes, I would really doubt if there will be a tougher conference in the state over the next couple of years. Ironton will be loaded, Chesepeake didn't lose anyone and fairland has the untouchables who are now becoming their varsity and Portsmouth is also loaded. South Point and Rock Hill are extremely talented and both are very well coached. It's going to be sick watching league games this year. Only non league games will be of any rest if any.

Ironton is sitting pretty good right now. Top academics, great football, great basketball and great baseball. Can't wait for the games to begin. Exciting to be a fighting tiger this season for sure!!! It too sounds like the OVC in general is becoming highly competitive. Three more weeks!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IBTT wrote:Water is the best thing period. But drink it all day long not just when you are thirsty. Anything that has the word aid in it usually isn't good for you. Hopefully you never get 'em. The Power and the Gator will give you diabetis and ruin your liver. Water is good. But even with that you gotta watch not to over do it too. There's a lot to everything, but just like any type of medicine, the less you need the better you will be.

if you are drinking powerade or Gatorade in excess every day. I'm sure it could be bad for you. but for a quick boost , and replacing electrolytes you lose sweating you can't beat it. personally I much prefer powerade. but everybody has their own preferences.

of course you have to drink loads of water daily. it's amazing as well health wise.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ibtt, that is certainly exciting news.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Hey a big shout out to whomever sent me the 2 schedules of local colleges, And high schools. I got both of em. And God bless you. My trouble is ole bait had deleted all his ole messages the other day. And can't think for the life of me who sent em. But thank you so very much. Please send me a pm so I remember who sent them to me. But that was exactly what I was needing.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Reads and gets to the ball quickly. Strong tough young man.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

awesome video. I remember last year as a sophomore him really coming into his own. he is very aggressive, and I can't wait to see his next 2 years as a fighting tiger. he is nothing but ornery when the ball is snapped and has little regard for blockers. in short, he's a heat seeking missile, bent on blasting you at the point of impact. his dad was a great athlete as well, and is sure to be a big factor in his motivation as well. he could play on Saturdays anywhere.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Kinda reminds me of Dennis Bacon with that body, Bacon was probably a little quicker,is he a senior this year?

Return to “Football”