D3 State final Athens vs Toledo Central Catholic Thurs 7:30

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: D3 State final Athens vs Toledo Central Catholic Thurs 7

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Sure am proud of ATHENS!
But trust me as an Ironton Fan, that good wish of words NEVER replaces the pain of that loss.
I just hope that deep of a playoff run motivates another slew of kids to play ball @ ATHENS as it has down in Wheelersburg & IRONTON!!!
15-years of no state champion from SE Ohio is just too long!!!
Some1 will step up soon & we will have a CITY football state champion from the river!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Super season Bulldogs!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Glad I finally went to a game. First in years. State runner up in Athens this year, State runner up in Trimble last year and State Champion in Eastern girls basketball last year. Not to shabby SE Ohio

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

Great game to watch, even hating the outcome. Worth the drive. Came down to extra points and which team got the ball last.
Great season Athens. Be proud.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Good game but special teams point conversion (blocked extra point)was an issue. As Coach Hayes always said there are three parts to football offence, defense and special teams! Congrats to both teams!

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

Natisilverback wrote:Congrats on a great season Bulldogs.
Hate to see them lose in that manner. Officiating was embarrassing.
What game were you watching? Officiating?

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

whompascat wrote:
I agree TCC was holding with the O-line obvious on almost every play. Just ridiculous

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

G.W.A. wrote:
whompascat wrote:
I agree TCC was holding with the O-line obvious on almost every play. Just ridiculous
Me too, I never seen so many obvious holds. I even re-played some plays over and over and seen many. Hold on the last winning play as well. I'm not crying around but the holding was there, most of the game.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

[ Officiating was embarrassing.[/quote]
Me too, I never seen so many obvious holds. I even re-played some plays over and over and seen many. Hold on the last winning play as well.[/quote][/quote]

It is easy to blamed the officiating but the bullpuppies issue was having that extra point blocked! as stated above special teams is part of the game! good game by both teams!

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

What a game. Nice season Bulldogs

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

moonshine wrote:[ Officiating was embarrassing.
Me too, I never seen so many obvious holds. I even re-played some plays over and over and seen many. Hold on the last winning play as well.[/quote][/quote]

It is easy to blamed the officiating but the bullpuppies issue was having that extra point blocked! as stated above special teams is part of the game! good game by both teams![/quote]
Moon, no blaming here, but holding most of the game also has big big issue's on the out come. Was at my cousins who has a dvr, he kept replaying plays with many people there, everyone could see it. Very obvious holds too.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

I am not taking sides but in most all football games hold could be called on almost every play! Watch the big Tem championship game Wisconsin holds on most all run plays!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

moonshine wrote:I am not taking sides but in most all football games hold could be called on almost every play! Watch the big Tem championship game Wisconsin holds on most all run plays!
Then they should be called out then. Should be flags flying everywhere. It's a rule in college too, Moon. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burrow and #40 for TCC were worth the price of admission. Hats off to TCC for making 3 huge 4th down plays on that last drive. Proud of Athens, showed the state our offense is the real deal

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Trenchfoot wrote:
moonshine wrote:I am not taking sides but in most all football games hold could be called on almost every play! Watch the big Tem championship game Wisconsin holds on most all run plays!
Then they should be called out then. Should be flags flying everywhere. It's a rule in college too, Moon. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is why we are not Officals!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

That was one of the best offensive lines in high school football as a whole I have seen in a long time. Holding while engaging in the block and the hands not being extended is not holding! If the hands stay in the box of the defenders shoulder pads it isnt holding, yes by definition it is holding but you are not going to get that call. Neither team could stop the other, TCC with the run, Athens with the pass. I was hollering at the tv to let them (TCC) score when they got the ball down to the 25 to give Athens a chance with the ball.

Congratulations to Athens on a fine season.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

eagles73 wrote:That was one of the best offensive lines in high school football as a whole I have seen in a long time. Holding while engaging in the block and the hands not being extended is not holding! If the hands stay in the box of the defenders shoulder pads it isnt holding, yes by definition it is holding but you are not going to get that call. Neither team could stop the other, TCC with the run, Athens with the pass. I was hollering at the tv to let them (TCC) score when they got the ball down to the 25 to give Athens a chance with the ball.

Congratulations to Athens on a fine season.
Buddy you are right the bullpuppies should have let TCC score quick and got the ball back with more time on the clock. Oh well that's why we are not coaches!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

moonshine wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:
That is why we are not Officals!
Yep.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Having coached in Ohio for many years....

Referee: Kevin Sulecki • Umpire: Rick Mielcarek • Linesman: Danial Kozma • Line judge: Jeffrey Clere • Back judge: Anthony Stubbs •

that is some of the best the state has to offer!!! Umpire Rick Mielcarek is an excellent official, if TCC would have grasped the Athens jerseys outside the framework of the body, he would have called it.

Great game!! TCC made one more play than Athens, nothing to be ashamed of Bulldogs!!! Congrats from Marietta!!!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Great game!
Last edited by Pol pot on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”