#1 Trimble vs #2 Shadyside for Division VII Region 25 crown

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Re: #1 Trimble vs #2 Shadyside for Division VII Region 25 cr

Post by fbbacker »

Congrats Trimble from Burg country! Make SEO proud, keep it rolling!! You can do it!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It was truly an honor to be able to witness what those young men did last night!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GREAT WIN TRIMBLE TOMCATS KEEP ON ROLLING.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Here's a nice write up and photo from last night's game. The Times Leader does a great job covering HS football in the Upper Ohio Valley.

http://www.timesleaderonline.com/page/c ... l?nav=5012

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Nice read

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Now we know why Trimble baat Athens in the Jamboree game! Good job kitty's!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Congrats to Trimble, keep it going and bring it home to SEO!

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TOMCATS

ONE GAME AT A TIME

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Good Job Trimble , keep it going !

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Where will the next game be played?

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

St. Clairsville

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Steely Dan wrote:Here's a nice write up and photo from last night's game. The Times Leader does a great job covering HS football in the Upper Ohio Valley.

http://www.timesleaderonline.com/page/c ... l?nav=5012
The two articles by Kevin Wiseman and Jason Arkley this morning were fantastic!!!!

http://www.athensohiotoday.com/sports/l ... b0de3.html

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

The energy was intense, and the atmosphere phenomenal. After the game, I tuned in to 105.5, and heard Rusty echoing what I felt. I think we are all proud of these young men. I am so glad to see them get a piece of what they deserve. Congrat's Coaches/staff, too.
Great job!

lovethemtigers
Waterboy

Post by lovethemtigers »

A few thoughts:

Congrats Tomcats, you deserved to win. Your coaches were smarter and your players had more heart and gutted it out. Well earned, you have a regional title, you are in the state semi-finals. Many schools wish they had that, you will never forget it and it can not be taken away.

That said, not sure why the Tigers were the heavy favorite anyway. Their "tradition" has only been since 2001. Before that they were a doormate for a decade and much of the last century. The cats were ranked higher in the AP, the ONLY doubt to be justified was how they played against SCC because the Crusaders have had a rough last month after a loss to WV #1 Madonna and being thumped by Magnolia. Trimble should have been the favorite with their season. The disrespect shown by many tiger fans has been completely undeserved.

For those listening to WKKX, it is a WV station which is about as poor quality and unprofessional as it gets. Apologies from the OVAC. They are Moundsville (John Marshall) guys with the former Shadyside coach who, you can ask many former students he threw desks at, is as big of a jerk as they come. Many Bellaire fans told me the racist side-comments he made during a game earlier this season, which fits his past incidents. He is a man who has tried to kill the band there and thinks owns the stadium, named for his late brother, not him. You probably insulted him just showing up on the field.

Despite what many may think, Trimble has a shot to make it to the finals. Western Reserve is not what it was last year. If you can score, you might pull it out. Remember, WR has never made the final either. The offensive change the cats pulled in the 2nd half may be what they need to beat this defense which is tough. WR runs the ball well and can score a lot, but so could your last 2 opponents.

I've never been to Glouster, but I have been to Nelsonville, which I was told was close. A very beautiful area down there near the caves. Congrats to your rural area. On a moral standpoint, I don't know much about your community, but my family has experienced plenty from the white trash town that is Shadyside, Ohio. My sister-in-law is black, and suffer A LOT of racial taunts and abuse from people young and old in that hole. It is not a few people, it is a lot, just on the residences nearest the river alone it is a lot (a minister was even prevented from moving in because of the neighbors, and the mailman who worked there was treated appallingly). This town was famous for its Nazi- sympathizers and KKK in the old days, and it is a fact that many of them are still alive and proud (and have their family "outfits"). They are also proud of having a bar owner who has lost his license many times and was arrested for serving an 11 yr old, AGAIN, and assaulting an officer when busted last time. The town parties there after wins, and that includes the popular kids. He is county-commissioner too. And in the 1st title game they lost, the Marion radio guys noted the high drug rate there. It is about as big of an embarassment to the valley as the drugs, murder and rape in Steubenville, which made the NY Times again for drugs this week. So ignore those idiots and enjoy the win. Morally, you had to deserve it more.
Represent southern Ohio in the final, which needs to be on this stage more. Like South Webster in bball a few years back.

Return to “Football”