Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 12

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg @ Ironton

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

4th n Goal wrote:
local superstar wrote:So I have heard conflicting reports about the Burg QB. Did he play both ways in this game?
No....offense only. Honestly, with all the athletes on the team there really isn't a need for him to play defense.
I thought I seen him playing CB on Defense in the 1st half. There wasn't anything wrong with his shoulder that's for sure.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Good luck to Ironton the rest of the season. I expect that the team will get better.

Eddie Miller never played defense in this game. Forced into a choice, he chose offense.

Wheelersburg was more experienced but not any more senior-dominated as they have the same number of seniors as Ironton (9). Wheelersburg offensive line is all underclassmen and on defense I believe it was one senior on the line. They do have one senior out injured that may play a little line but he is much smaller than the ones that they have. Wheelersburg has a lot of pieces coming back next year with strong and talented skill players in the junior and sophomore classes. Should be a battle the next couple of years.

BTW--the kicker is a freshman and the younger brother of the kid who made the halftime field goal. The freshman could have made the 44-yard attempt that they lined up for though after the penalty turned it into a 49-yarder it was pretty iffy. Hence they called off the attempt.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Anyone know what there weren't any programs sold at the visitor side entrance? I didn't see any when I got there at around 6:30 and I only seaw a few Burg people with one and they said they bought it coming in on the home side. Just wondering since they did so many give aways with the program number.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I bought mine at the South Gate by the concession stand for the visitors. They had plenty there at 6:30 pm when I bought mine. There was a wider gate with a tent and then the smaller gate right by the concession stand. Both gates are just a few feet from each other and were both open. They only had the programs at the tent though at the wider gate. Which gate did you come in at?

philthyphil
Varsity

Re: Week 1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

Post by philthyphil »

philthyphil wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:know one knows how ironton is going to do this year with this group of kids but the following 2 years will be interesting for sure!! hopefully next year schedule not as brutal as this years!! any1 have a idea of next years schdule??

GO TIGERS
Next year's schedule is the same with Meigs and Jackson replacing Hartley and St. Charles.
Correction....Meigs and Jackson replace Hartley and Johnson Central. The Tigers have St. Charles for one more year.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

drrabbit wrote:I bought mine at the South Gate by the concession stand for the visitors. They had plenty there at 6:30 pm when I bought mine. There was a wider gate with a tent and then the smaller gate right by the concession stand. Both gates are just a few feet from each other and were both open. They only had the programs at the tent though at the wider gate. Which gate did you come in at?
I came in the smaller gate and they said they didn't have any and never said a word about having them at the other gate.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Tip of the hat to the Burg. Looked impressive, especially on offense. Took advantage of Ironton turnovers and didn't let up. Still, Ironton needs to keep their heads on straight and fight for wins to make the playoffs. A loss against the Burg will not look so bad if the Burg wins out or only has 1 or 2 losses. We didn't start out so great in '79 when we won the first state championship for Ironton.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

There are two things you will never hear again in the same sentence. IRONTON AND STATE CHAMPIONSHIP with any future meaning.

Return to “Football”