Logan gets turned away from MSL again. Now what!?

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Logan gets turned away from MSL again. Now what!?

Post by loganlocos »

formerfcfan wrote:
Chief Kdogg wrote:
Like the one above you just made? Yea I see your point. That has a lot to do with the topic. :roll:
So, what do you think Logan should do regarding conferences? Stay in the SEOAL of three teams, begin courting other schools to join, or look to leave the SEOAL for a greener pasture?
Logan doesn't really control the situation.

Logan should continue to pursue opportunities in other leagues - maybe in 3-4 years an MSL reshuffle could open a door.

Absolutely those left in the SEOAL should pursue other members. Obviously starting with Marietta and then considering the Parkersburg schools. As I have said before, this league was dead in 1984 following the quick departures of Wellston, Meigs, Waverly, and Ironton.

Personally, as of two years ago, I'd be more happy moving toward central Ohio regardless of the SEOAL. But that seems unlikely at the moment.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

All true points. Logan's predicament of finding a league is something many of the other outer ring, large-sized schools have recently faced. Marion Harding had to settle for the MOAC, Mount Vernon is leaving the Ohio Capital Conference for the Ohio Cardinal Conference (a tad smaller, but closer), Zanesville has settled for the ECOL after being independent for a long time, Chillicothe has found a niche after competing in the OCC not that long ago.

Maybe they can work out a deal to where they're playing Marion Harding, Mount Vernon, and Zanesville to fill up out of conference slots.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Whether you like his approach or not, Paladin tells a lot of truth in his posts. Some people don't like the frontal assault and get a little upset when the truth is in their face. I guess some prefer a hug as they are told their program isn't measuring up to the hogwash rhetoric being posted from Jan-kickoff of the first game. Some posters present the same arguments year in and year out about how great thou art. Then they get kicked in the teeth, exposed, and ultimately open themselves up for ridicule. Don't get all butt-hurt for being called out on your months worth of arrogant, egotistical, and hyperbole posts. The truth is hard to swallow for some when it is being forced fed. Wash it down with a glass of water or cold beverage of choice because most of the time you are bringing the ridicule on yourself.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

LoganLocos wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:
noreply66 wrote:149th reply in 9 days....we must be popular.
Athens and Logan most hated teams on preps. If 2009 Logan vs 2009 Athens would have happened in week 11. That would have crashed the internet
You have no idea how bad I wanted that to happen at the time.
cal preps calls it
[2009] Logan (OH) 35, [2009] Athens (The Plains, OH) 14

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I will say Logan was the far better team but that was a very good Athens defense. A lot of size

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

LoganLocos wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:
noreply66 wrote:149th reply in 9 days....we must be popular.
Athens and Logan most hated teams on preps. If 2009 Logan vs 2009 Athens would have happened in week 11. That would have crashed the internet
You have no idea how bad I wanted that to happen at the time.
I have no desire to kick dirt on Athens. I was rooting hard for them to win the State Championship last year. But 2009? I knew that Logan team intimately. The boys, the coaches, the AD would've loved that match-up. Athens would've been praying for a running clock in that game if it was possible.
Last edited by dazed&confused on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

LoganLocos wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:I don't agree with everything someone says who I share a particular interest with. Just ask my wife. :122248 There are a few on every forum who I respect greatly. On Logan football topics, that would be Locos for one.
Thanks, dazed. Enjoy talking football with you as well. Hope your boy is enjoying a great season down in Albany. Big things happening down there, excited for the community and proud of the guys who used to wear purple who are doing their part.
Having the time of his life! I'm making plans for week 11. Just hope Sparty and the Chiefs play different nights.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

dazed&confused wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:I don't agree with everything someone says who I share a particular interest with. Just ask my wife. :122248 There are a few on every forum who I respect greatly. On Logan football topics, that would be Locos for one.
Thanks, dazed. Enjoy talking football with you as well. Hope your boy is enjoying a great season down in Albany. Big things happening down there, excited for the community and proud of the guys who used to wear purple who are doing their part.
Having the time of his life! I'm making plans for week 11. Just hope Sparty and the Chiefs play different nights.

I just checked that yesterday. Unfortunately they are the same night.

Doing the broadcast on LoganFootball.com means I won't be able to skip a purple Friday this year to make it down to a Spartan game.

I do watch every game Saturday morning on hudl though!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

LoganLocos wrote:
I just checked that yesterday. Unfortunately they are the same night.

Doing the broadcast on LoganFootball.com means I won't be able to skip a purple Friday this year to make it down to a Spartan game.

I do watch every game Saturday morning on hudl though!
No problem. That's a bummer. I'll be torn on week 11. BTW, love listening to you guys on the internet. Keep it going! If you ever have a fan interview, just saying.....

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

C-Bolt wrote:The strength of schedule sure hasn't hurt their position in the region being number 2 right now. This region usually has a lot of teams that lose every year for some reason. I know it might not stay that way with a couple real doozy's coming up, but she might as well schedule creampuff's all year instead of playing Colerain and Moeller every week.I myself would rather see some stronger bigger teams and hopefully we will see more in the future being independent.It is what it is take who you can get at the time.And lets not forget Logan has a pretty good senior class and grades struggling after them so it might not always be this easy even with creampuffs.
I totally understand your frustrations. Just looking @ region 6, the playoff points are high. I think it could still get done independently & in years to come, you'd see the fruit of precise execution of outter bigger city limit schools of consistent winning %'s each year. An hour & 15 minutes any direction should help. In the long run, it'll help, imho.
Good luck tonight!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Pertinent to this string, I now think the present SEOAL teams should circle the wagons and seek to persevere for the immediate future. I think they could attract Marietta back to the league. Then seek to add future members like the Parkersburg teams or even Zanesville. Id like to see Cambridge as a possible member. That's a way forward.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

driving to Cambridge for a Tuesday basketball game or baseball game may be a bit too far for Logan and even farther for Jackson. That would be a tough sell

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Agreed. The Bobcats will look east or west ( I-70)and maybe north (I-77), but never south.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Cambridge was worried about driving to Logan for a non-league football game. They originally insisted on a 7:30 kickoff insead of 7:00. They eventually relented.

I do wonder if PLAYING some of the teams would open some eyes in regard to how far of a trip Logan really IS (or isn't). Especially with the bypass and the elimination of more and more stop lights on 33.

gator
Waterboy

Post by gator »

This might just be one man's quiet opinion, but 7:30 should be the kickoff time state-wide. I understand wanting to get home earlier, but how many teams have to travel far away for a game? Plus, Ohio High School Football just seems better and traditional at 7:30.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Actually, John, a lot of folks are upset with the time change and not just those who are on the road. Being local and having a home game really pressures families and fans to make it to the game on time . If it was a week day game, I could see the need , but Friday night ? Those who work till 5, go home, get dinner and round up the family to hustle to even a local game are understandably upset. On the other hand, the early start time HAS to be cutting down on fan attendance and $$$$$$$$$$$$$. A 7:30 start is still a challenge for many who travel to a game an hour or more away ( 2 hours or +, difficult)

Dumb rule.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Well Athens vs Zanesville last year was idiotic to start at 7pm. 1,500 people missed the 1st quarter. 7pm start, $2 to park, $6 to get in. There's too many logistics problems.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i like the 730 kick off. it lets parents get home grab something to eat, change clothes, run kids where they needs to go etc...

Return to “Football”