Region 19

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Re: Region 19

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Basketballfan40 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:09 am Congratulations to the teams on their seeds and having a season in general. Glad that we’ve got these athletes a healthy and fun season. But, coaches voting can never happen again in Football. The worst team in the SOC 2 beat the best of SOC 1. Northwest is a higher seed than Minford, Oak Hill, and West???
Totally illogical

Reward teams for playing and beating no-one, and penalize teams for playing harder teams. The SOCII is the toughest league in Southern Ohio. When you only play 6 games, and 5 of them are conference then they played the toughest schedules. Northwest lost to Valley, who will probably go winless in the SOCII, by 3 touchdowns.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I think the 22 seed Portsmouth will beat the 11 seed northwest by 10 or more.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:42 am I think the 22 seed Portsmouth will beat the 11 seed northwest by 10 or more.
Never know. Northwest runs the football pretty well since they went back to the offense they ran last year.
I know Portsmouth struggles on running teams.
We really struggled on offense first part of the year.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:29 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:42 am I think the 22 seed Portsmouth will beat the 11 seed northwest by 10 or more.
Never know. Northwest runs the football pretty well since they went back to the offense they ran last year.
I agree with you. Portsmouth has no defense and the run portion of it is horrible. I think these teams are about even this year and should be a fun game. I’ve always wanted to see this game why I don’t know but glad it’s happening and I heard a rumor these 2 teams Actually scheduled each other as part of the 3 remaining games. I was told Portsmouth scheduled west, northwest and minford. But I don’t know how true.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:10 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:29 pm
I agree with you. Portsmouth has no defense and the run portion of it is horrible. I think these teams are about even this year and should be a fun game. I’ve always wanted to see this game why I don’t know but glad it’s happening and I heard a rumor these 2 teams Actually scheduled each other as part of the 3 remaining games. I was told Portsmouth scheduled west, northwest and minford. But I don’t know how true.
I know we have Piketon week 10 and heard maybe South Point week 9.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Watched the Portsmouth game tonight and they looked like a different team on D.. took Gallia into OT when they were honestly a heavy underdog. Still lost but defense progressed by miles which is great news for them heading into playoffs since their offense has been doing pretty well

Return to “Football”