Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:12 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:39 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:27 pm Ridgewoods defense won this game no matter who the qb was

First half they did but when Burg got Lattimore going in the second half how do you not keep running him? At least have him back there and run some play action off of that. They kept running that bubble screen and it just wasn’t there all night.

I’m not a fan of his play calling. Never will be. He out thinks himself sometimes and it usually bites them in the butt.

The series they kicked the FG. Derrick runs it all the way to the 20. They take him out and the next play is a QB sneak by Miller. Next play Derrick gets 5. The 3rd down play is a QB keeper by Sanderlin????? That is just dumb. You ride your horse until he needs a break.
When I watched Burg earlier in the year they were taking him out as he was running well. I thought maybe it was because conditioning wasn't there yet but it doesn't sound like it because at this point dude had to be in shape. Run him until the wheels fall off.

Yep and it was noticed

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:58 pm Word is he might be playing at another river town next year. Dad is not happy in the way they do him and his brother (No. 18)
Have heard the same

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:58 pm
hammer89 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:48 pm Was definitely a cheap shot on the QB, and not just by 1 player but 3, so any missed holding calls were poetic justice in my book. I was really surprised at that coming from Burg. Post routes were wide open all night for the Wood, backup QB just not accurate enough to hit the big play down the field. If Tingle plays all game this is a 28+ Wood win. Agree on the Burgs offense. Other than Lattimore I didn’t see anything overly impressive.

If that was the case then yes that was sad. I didn’t see it and they didn’t show replays. Lattimore is a stud but they keep taking him out. Everyone in Burg keeps saying the same thing. How do you not keep running him? Word is he might be playing at another river town next year. Dad is not happy in the way they do him and his brother (No. 18)
So they'll both be at Ironton next year then for Daddy's sake. :lol: :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

BBALL99 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:16 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:39 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:27 pm Ridgewoods defense won this game no matter who the qb was

First half they did but when Burg got Lattimore going in the second half how do you not keep running him? At least have him back there and run some play action off of that. They kept running that bubble screen and it just wasn’t there all night.

I’m not a fan of his play calling. Never will be. He out thinks himself sometimes and it usually bites them in the butt.

The series they kicked the FG. Derrick runs it all the way to the 20. They take him out and the next play is a QB sneak by Miller. Next play Derrick gets 5. The 3rd down play is a QB keeper by Sanderlin????? That is just dumb. You ride your horse until he needs a break.
Did the Ashland kid not play QB?? QB sneak by Miller?? Then a QB sneak by Sanderlin??

Was he hurt??

Nope! He was fine. Your guess is as good as mine. He finished the game and actually scored the Burg TD on a keeper up the middle. Just stupid play calling if you ask me. IF you are going to run a QB keeper why not have your regular QB do it?? The interception before the half and the play calling up to the FG were the biggest plays of the game.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I hope tingle is not injured and a healthy WLR comes to the tank!

Follow the HILLS & The River!!!!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:20 pm
hammer89 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:48 pm Was definitely a cheap shot on the QB, and not just by 1 player but 3, so any missed holding calls were poetic justice in my book. I was really surprised at that coming from Burg. Post routes were wide open all night for the Wood, backup QB just not accurate enough to hit the big play down the field. If Tingle plays all game this is a 28+ Wood win. Agree on the Burgs offense. Other than Lattimore I didn’t see anything overly impressive.

If that was the case then yes that was sad. I didn’t see it and they didn’t show replays. Lattimore is a stud but they keep taking him out. Everyone in Burg keeps saying the same thing. How do you not keep running him? Word is he might be playing at another river town next year. Dad is not happy in the way they do him and his brother (No. 18)

No, they’ll go to a school that will actually know how to use them. The boys are not happy either. All year long Derrick bust his ass getting the ball down inside the 10 and he comes out of the game. You think a young player isn’t going to wonder what’s going on?

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:47 pm
Raycharles wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:40 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:07 pm I’ve never seen a team team hold as much as RW has. Every freaking play they are grabbing jerseys.
Cries a sore loser. If it wasn’t for a cheap shot on the quarterback the clock would’ve been running after second quarter started. I can’t even believe from the start of the week you guys doubted our defense. They were on the field THE WHOLE GAME. And embarrassed the burg. “Our offense soooo much better this year. “ you’d think If that was true you’d be able to score on a defense that was the field THE WHOLE GAME. OVERRATED!!!

Yeah, I’ll cry fool. Every time in the first half that Burg had a big play, here comes a holding or block in the back. Every time Wood ran that jet sweep the receivers just grabbed the jersey and the defender couldn’t get anywhere.

The side judge on the home side called nothing all night.

Doesn’t matter! Even with a healthy Tingle Ironton will hand it to you.
Guy called a sideline warning with 3:00 minutes to go never seen that before in a close game. But yet guy never called anything. You’re just embarrassing yourself keep crying.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:25 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:20 pm

No, they’ll go to a school that will actually know how to use them. The boys are not happy either. All year long Derrick bust his ass getting the ball down inside the 10 and he comes out of the game. You think a young player isn’t going to wonder what’s going on?
So Ironton, West or Waverly. Surely they wouldn't go to Portsmouth, ahhh.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Lattimore twins aren’t going anywhere. Geez. Ridgewood is really good. Congrats and good luck going forward.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Yabba: Refs rarely call holding this late in the year. Man, You've watched many years of playoff football and you know this. The D-line just has to overcome the holding, get off the block, make the play, and not make excuses.

Ridgewood, Enjoy this win, but next week it'll be a whole different beast.
Last edited by vladimir on Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:31 pm Yabba: Refs rarely call holding this late in the year. Man, You've watched many years of playoff football and you know this. The D-line just has to overcome the holding, get off the block, make the play, and not make excuses.
Thank you. Respectful burg fan!

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

When you have so many players it's hard, if not impossible to keep them all happy. And he isn't the only one unhappy with his role as I've been told

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Raycharles wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:27 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:47 pm
Raycharles wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:40 pm

Cries a sore loser. If it wasn’t for a cheap shot on the quarterback the clock would’ve been running after second quarter started. I can’t even believe from the start of the week you guys doubted our defense. They were on the field THE WHOLE GAME. And embarrassed the burg. “Our offense soooo much better this year. “ you’d think If that was true you’d be able to score on a defense that was the field THE WHOLE GAME. OVERRATED!!!

Yeah, I’ll cry fool. Every time in the first half that Burg had a big play, here comes a holding or block in the back. Every time Wood ran that jet sweep the receivers just grabbed the jersey and the defender couldn’t get anywhere.

The side judge on the home side called nothing all night.

Doesn’t matter! Even with a healthy Tingle Ironton will hand it to you.
Guy called a sideline warning with 3:00 minutes to go never seen that before in a close game. But yet guy never called anything. You’re just embarrassing yourself keep crying.

That didn’t have any effect on the play. Ok he made one call out of how many plays?

Keep covering for them.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:34 pm
When you have so many players it's hard, if not impossible to keep them all happy. And he isn't the only one unhappy with his role as I've been told

His scenario s pretty blatant. All year he was taken out inside the 10. He got the ball tonthe 6 inch line against Waverly and never saw the field in those 4 downs. Had they won that game, they probably get the 2 seed and this game is at Burg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

That’s because every parent thinks their kid is an all star. I mean griping about a coach that wins that many games is The most absurd thing Out there.

I mean you don’t think some kids aren’t sour at ironton with the kids that came in?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:42 pm
That’s because every parent thinks their kid is an all star. I mean griping about a coach that wins that many games is The most absurd thing Out there.

I mean you don’t think some kids aren’t sour at Ironton with the kids that came in?
Minford sure could use a few of them the next couple of years. lol!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I mean you don’t think some kids aren’t sour at ironton with the kids that came in?
This is very true but remember the griping is coming from the burg side of things. It's this way with every team, when you're winning all is well, when you take a loss it's time to point fingers. Now I didn't see the game so I won't attest to any play calling for Ridgewood to hold down Burgs offense for 4 quarters I tip my hat them defensively. Especially given the fact they knew they had to get it done with Tingle playing injured.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:45 pm

I mean you don’t think some kids aren’t sour at Ironton with the kids that came in?
:lol: :lol: I'm sorry but I had to bust out, someone that wanted to transfer TO minford, that's awesome. HAPPY HALLOWEEN. :lol: :lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:48 pm

This is very true but remember the griping is coming from the burg side of things. It's this way with every team, when you're winning all is well, when you take a loss it's time to point fingers. Now I didn't see the game so I won't attest to any play calling for Ridgewood to hold down Burgs offense for 4 quarters I tip my hat them defensively. Especially given the fact they knew they had to get it done with Tingle playing injured.
Ridgewood defense was the best defense burg saw all year. Legit

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

:lol: :lol:
greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:49 pm
vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:45 pm

:lol: :lol: I'm sorry but I had to bust out, someone that wanted to transfer TO minford, that's awesome. HAPPY HALLOWEEN. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: Absolutely, it was meant for comedic relief. Ghezz ppl! :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”