Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

Kirtland80
All State

Re: Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

Post by Kirtland80 »

Did they talk to all schools? I think if one doesn’t agree, they should cancel either that division or all games

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:28 pm Did they talk to all schools? I think if one doesn’t agree, they should cancel either that division or all games
Agree

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:46 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:28 pm Did they talk to all schools? I think if one doesn’t agree, they should cancel either that division or all games
Agree
The article I read, they did talk to all schools involved.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:50 pm
Agree
Fair enough then. Credit to the teams that have to travel at the last minute. Ridiculous location.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Agree
Good. I’m glad they gave teams a decision. I know it sucks but I think the kids don’t mind as long as they get to play in these games

6O HORN3TS 🐝
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Rooting for Ironton to bring a title to Southeast Ohio

bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

Agree
But did they give them a choice of where to play? Or was it, "...play in Massillon or don't play..."?

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

bullfrog93 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:20 pm

Agree
But did they give them a choice of where to play? Or was it, "...play in Massillon or don't play..."?
Good question. Idk what all is involved in getting stadiums to host. Maybe it was Massillon or nothing

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

To the credit of MSML, I don’t remember one fan complaining when the games got moved from OSU to HOF and they were still making title games with us. I understand it sucks but it’s not “cater to NEO” or “a home game for Kirtland.” Not our fault. Chardon, our neighbors, weren’t complaining because St Francis DeSales had a “home game” when it was scheduled for Obetz. We are a school like the rest that has to bow down to whatever decision OHSAA makes. We said it was fair when they announced Obetz even though it was further for us. If they change it, we’ll gladly come wherever but we can’t make those decisions for them

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:54 pm To the credit of MSML, I don’t remember one fan complaining when the games got moved from OSU to HOF and they were still making title games with us. I understand it sucks but it’s not “cater to NEO” or “a home game for Kirtland.” Not our fault. Chardon, our neighbors, weren’t complaining because St Francis DeSales had a “home game” when it was scheduled for Obetz. We are a school like the rest that has to bow down to whatever decision OHSAA makes. We said it was fair when they announced Obetz even though it was further for us. If they change it, we’ll gladly come wherever but we can’t make those decisions for them
My guess is if Kirtland were making the decisions it would be a lot more considerate.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

I'm tweaking my pick per the change. Id like to say its not gonna be a factor, but this late in the process and the disruption involved for Ironton leaves me no choice.

Kirtland 24
Ironton 14.

Huge asterik on this one now . Smh.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:22 pm I'm tweaking my pick per the change. Id like to say its not gonna be a factor, but this late in the process and the disruption involved for Ironton leaves me no choice.

Kirtland 24
Ironton 14.

Ok. Works both ways if Ironton does happen to win. It was last minute for us and disrupted our game. HUGE asterisk
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:19 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:54 pm To the credit of MSML, I don’t remember one fan complaining when the games got moved from OSU to HOF and they were still making title games with us. I understand it sucks but it’s not “cater to NEO” or “a home game for Kirtland.” Not our fault. Chardon, our neighbors, weren’t complaining because St Francis DeSales had a “home game” when it was scheduled for Obetz. We are a school like the rest that has to bow down to whatever decision OHSAA makes. We said it was fair when they announced Obetz even though it was further for us. If they change it, we’ll gladly come wherever but we can’t make those decisions for them
My guess is if Kirtland were making the decisions it would be a lot more considerate.
If we were making them, we’d play wherever you guys wanted. I’ve seen a few of our fans say Spectrum has enough cameras for 2 sites, that we would be willing to go to you guys. Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Looks like the real Tiger team and fans aren’t complaining from the “anytime, anywhere” post on their page. I can respect that. Not the asterisk though 😂

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:36 pm Looks like the real Tiger team and fans aren’t complaining from the “anytime, anywhere” post on their page. I can respect that. Not the asterisk though 😂
Their page :roll:

Fans do not play the game. In the end, this will be a 48 minute game that will be decided the players.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I'd be willing to bet the kids couldn't care less where they played. They just wanna strap it on and hit someone.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FIDO wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:33 pm I'd be willing to bet the kids couldn't care less where they played. They just wanna strap it on and hit someone.
I would agree

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Just for the record. I won’t asterisk you guys if you do win, no matter which way speedkillz looks at it. I’ll actually be happy for you guys if that’s the outcome

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:32 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:19 pm
If we were making them, we’d play wherever you guys wanted. I’ve seen a few of our fans say Spectrum has enough cameras for 2 sites, that we would be willing to go to you guys. Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way
I think it should be nuetral and as balanced ( per) travel/cost as possible. That shouldn't be too much to ask of ohssa.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:30 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:22 pm I'm tweaking my pick per the change. Id like to say its not gonna be a factor, but this late in the process and the disruption involved for Ironton leaves me no choice.

Kirtland 24
Ironton 14.

Ok. Works both ways if Ironton does happen to win. It was last minute for us and disrupted our game. HUGE asterisk

I dont dispute that. Too much of a change mid week of. Ridiculous.

Return to “Football”