2018 Ironton Head football coach

Kleao
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton BOE Meeting 12/19

Post by Kleao »

12gauge wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 am Kids speaking at a board meeting makes ZERO sense to me. Are they gonna leave if they retain the coach? I guess my point is,if the parents of those kids would have addressed the situation it wouldn't bother me. But a parent sending his child to an open to the public board meeting to speak with adults about their coach,that isn't good at all. Burning bridges if you will. Personally I don't think there should be any child there,more less speaking. It blows my mind what these parents are thinking. Players cussing coaches? Back in the day kids\children were to be seen not heard. I only hope that the school board and the coaches have the childrens best intrests in mind
I totally agree! But consider one of the parents that made his kid speak! He is an absolute snake in the grass! He is toxic to this community and the sooner he gets out of Ironton the better! As far as the cussing, I think the whole story was made up by people who have a vendetta against coach Vass.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Sad day when people, can't get along .
Last edited by Mavrick2016 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Kleao wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:37 pm
12gauge wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 am Kids speaking at a board meeting makes ZERO sense to me. Are they gonna leave if they retain the coach? I guess my point is,if the parents of those kids would have addressed the situation it wouldn't bother me. But a parent sending his child to an open to the public board meeting to speak with adults about their coach,that isn't good at all. Burning bridges if you will. Personally I don't think there should be any child there,more less speaking. It blows my mind what these parents are thinking. Players cussing coaches? Back in the day kids\children were to be seen not heard. I only hope that the school board and the coaches have the childrens best intrests in mind
I totally agree! But consider one of the parents that made his kid speak! He is an absolute snake in the grass! He is toxic to this community and the sooner he gets out of Ironton the better! As far as the cussing, I think the whole story was made up by people who have a vendetta against coach Vass.
No the story is not made up it has happened more than one time over past 4 years to the point I would understand why kids would leave. They need to clean out the entire staff and start over. The kids and the community have lost respect for the staff.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Kleao wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:46 pm
12gauge wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:34 pm No one was sucker punched at the board meeting. Go back on facebook and read what the guy posted. That's how stuff gets blown out of proportion smh
That’s what Tiger Bait likes to do! Post hear say and then turn it around about how he coached or how he Disciplined his own children. For the most part these are great boys!
no that was not my intention at all. I saw it on facebook and assumed it did happen.and frankly was upset to hear about it. I am very humbly sorry if it did not. and frankly I'm very pleased it didn't. and we are living in la la land if we think high school kids don't cuss.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:01 am I saw somewhere on facebook where someone said that at the meeting that someone got sucker punched. if I remember right from what I read a board member sucker punched somebody, or vice versa. then with kids as 12 gauge said publically blasting coaches that should not even be at a meeting , then I don't think things are under control at all. or anywhere close. players cussing coaches sounds like it is not at all a rumor, but an actual problem. you get to this point of frustration with kids, coaches, board members, parents and a complete lack of control then the program and it's leadership are floundering very badly. it may be you have to gut the whole staff, kick kids off the team with discipline problems. deny certain people access to board meetings and just start out fresh with a new everything. set ground rules for parents and players and board members, and if you don't comply you're gone. and what parents are allowing kids to get by with these days woulda got your butt beaten at home back in our day.and that's true whether it sets funny in your throat or not. kids were afraid to do anything like this back in the day. if you can't see society falling apart not only at ironton but everywhere else in the world, better look around man. kids can't even write their names anymore and have their phones in their face all day long. ====================== I totally understand this does not apply to everyone, so everyone knows there are hard workers, players, parents,coaches. we understand not every kid is experiencing a lack of discipline. but if you are having this level of insubordination it's really bad. ========================== and worse yet, what coach in his right mind would want to step into this situation and take this situation over. prayers to the program and community, and I've never used this term before. but I've seen so many people say it. it does sound more and more like a dumpster fire. and it needs stopped and get a handle on it. somebody here has to be the bigger person and stop this. whether everybody involved needs canned er not. players, and coaches. I don't think for a minute these are just rumors, because the whole tri-state is talking about it.
I reread my post. the only thing I said was what I saw on facebook, I saw this on J.M'S facebook page as I was scrolling. maybe it happened away from the school. maybe it never happened at all. I was upset when I posted this assuming it did happen. enough about me n my kids already. post your name kleo to your posts if we have in fact found you to be the perfect father. I dare ya.
and actually reread my post in it's entirety. let's not be fooled into thinking the only talk about this program is limited to whats being said here or on facebook. I have no intent of starting a rumor. if it didn't happen, the only thing I'm guilty of was repeating something I saw. that I believed when I read it and was basically asking if it did happen here. and for that I'm very sorry for reposting it. I truly hope it didn't happen. but it kinda sounds like the wheels are falling off, so something is going on. but never again will I repeat something here I heard unless I know myself it happened. for that I apologize.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

WOW, how a program goes from the top tier to being an absolute dumpster fire. I can't believe the things I'm reading on here sounds like it'd take a drill Sargent to shape this program into something respectable again. Good bye Ironton Tigers we once knew thee.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

turmoil

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

My opinion, if I wasn't actually at the meeting I wouldn't post hearsay about the meeting PERIOD, no matter the source. There's two sides to every story, unless you was there you're not getting the full story except for the story that person wants you to here.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

folks please forgive me for saying something I saw on facebook. I had no idea the validity. I just assumed when I read it that it had happened. and I was sad that I thought that it had. I have never had the 1st problem with anybody there, dean nance, mark lafon or any board member. they treated me my wife and sons awesome. and I consider them friends as well as the board members that were there then. that has been over 10 years ago. and I have no idea what is going on or has transpired now. when I took my kids to ironton, they were treated wonderful. and the people of the rock hill district were wonderful there too. I had an amazing time with the school districts at ironton and rock hill, and have nothing but the highest regard for both. I have no intentions of spreading rumors or causing chaos. I repeated something I saw on facebook, and was asking about it. and I sincerely apologize. but I want nothing but good for the program. and I'm not the person I'm being portrayed as.at least I'm man enough to say I made a mistake.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:10 am My opinion, if I wasn't actually at the meeting I wouldn't post hearsay about the meeting PERIOD, no matter the source. There's two sides to every story, unless you was there you're not getting the full story except for the story that person wants you to here.
duley noted my apologies for repeating something I saw on facebook without not having 1st hand knowledge.
I wasn't saying it at all as to start a rumor, I thought it had happened after I read someone's post.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Get rid of the entire staff at Ironton. Most of them should have never been coaching at the high school level. If this BOE don’t take care of this they should be ran out of town. Most of all the head coach should just step down too many issues that have not been addressed by him and he is not leader.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

osu 77 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:13 pm Get rid of the entire staff at Ironton. Most of them should have never been coaching at the high school level. If this BOE don’t take care of this they should be ran out of town. Most of all the head coach should just step down too many issues that have not been addressed by him and he is not leader.
Big speech yesterday by the head coach. Trying to tell the kids everything will be fine and just stick with him. Said the whole community was against him and everything will be alright.

BullMoose44
Waterboy

Post by BullMoose44 »

Game day wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:52 pm
12gauge wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:34 pm No one was sucker punched at the board meeting. Go back on facebook and read what the guy posted. That's how stuff gets blown out of proportion smh
That’s what Tiger Bait likes to do! Post hear say and then turn it around about how he coached or how he Disciplined his own children. For the most part these are great boys!
I agree most of them are good kids and have bad examples in front of them that allow certain players do do what they want.

One of the coaches leaving is sending txt to kids asking them to leave Ironton. This is a mess and it’s all around one family that is finally not getting their way.
One Family not getting their way??? As a Student at Ironton and a Member of said family it’s utter BS that it’s an issue with the entire Family not getting their way. We love Ironton and want the best for it and just not having one good season doesn’t mean that we can fire a Coach. We just changed up our Offense and it’ll take time before we become good at it. As a Football player for Ironton I seriously don’t want any other men coaching me than them. Get your priorities straight if you’re a member of the Ironton Community you need to be supporting us not spreading Lies on a darn message Board... -Freshman Football/Wrestling/Track Player

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

BullMoose44 I would suggest that you get in the weight room and start working out. This is not based on one good season this is a result of poor leadership and discipline by the head coach and his staff. But I wish you the best of luck but change is on the way!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BullMoose44 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:40 am

I agree most of them are good kids and have bad examples in front of them that allow certain players do do what they want.

One of the coaches leaving is sending txt to kids asking them to leave Ironton. This is a mess and it’s all around one family that is finally not getting their way.
One Family not getting their way??? As a Student at Ironton and a Member of said family it’s utter BS that it’s an issue with the entire Family not getting their way. We love Ironton and want the best for it and just not having one good season doesn’t mean that we can fire a Coach. We just changed up our Offense and it’ll take time before we become good at it. As a Football player for Ironton I seriously don’t want any other men coaching me than them. Get your priorities straight if you’re a member of the Ironton Community you need to be supporting us not spreading Lies on a darn message Board... -Freshman Football/Wrestling/Track Player
Best advice for you is to stay off the boards. People on here don’t make decisions for you or the school.

BullMoose44
Waterboy

Post by BullMoose44 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:56 am

Best advice for you is to stay off the boards. People on here don’t make decisions for you or the school.
It’s just a shame that I come on her with the name of my grandfather thinking that this whole situation is bull but to my suprise to see that my community is completely divided. It’s on every single players minds, all that’s talked about is desertion of the Team and the school and very few of us stay loyal. I get that he may not discipline as much as he should but it’s not a like a toga party out there. Our Senior and Junior leaders have given up hope, I just want to show the community there is hope and loyalty still here. I was raised with the idea of complete and utter loyalty to ironton through thick and thin and everybody’s seem to forget that. Seeing the paintings my grandfather made in tiger alley and his name on the Ironton MVP plaque just me hope thy at least we can agree that we’re trying to move in the right direction. For his sake and the great men that have come before us. We shouldn’t be cursing with eachother we need to be working together, look at Wheelersburg’s community. Every single person is backing them through everything and we’re stuck here fighting. Tbh it’s a darn shame...

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

My advise to you is no one has given up on the kids the community feels you deserve better coaches bottom line.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BullMoose44 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:06 am

It’s just a shame that I come on her with the name of my grandfather thinking that this whole situation is bull but to my suprise to see that my community is completely divided. It’s on every single players minds, all that’s talked about is desertion of the Team and the school and very few of us stay loyal. I get that he may not discipline as much as he should but it’s not a like a toga party out there. Our Senior and Junior leaders have given up hope, I just want to show the community there is hope and loyalty still here. I was raised with the idea of complete and utter loyalty to ironton through thick and thin and everybody’s seem to forget that. Seeing the paintings my grandfather made in tiger alley and his name on the Ironton MVP plaque just me hope thy at least we can agree that we’re trying to move in the right direction. For his sake and the great men that have come before us. We shouldn’t be cursing with eachother we need to be working together, look at Wheelersburg’s community. Every single person is backing them through everything and we’re stuck here fighting. Tbh it’s a darn shame...
I agree with everything that you’ve said but you’re not going to accomplish anything on this site. You seem to be passionate about it, keep it up, but nothing will work here.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

BullMoose44 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:06 am

It’s just a shame that I come on her with the name of my grandfather thinking that this whole situation is bull but to my suprise to see that my community is completely divided. It’s on every single players minds, all that’s talked about is desertion of the Team and the school and very few of us stay loyal. I get that he may not discipline as much as he should but it’s not a like a toga party out there. Our Senior and Junior leaders have given up hope, I just want to show the community there is hope and loyalty still here. I was raised with the idea of complete and utter loyalty to ironton through thick and thin and everybody’s seem to forget that. Seeing the paintings my grandfather made in tiger alley and his name on the Ironton MVP plaque just me hope thy at least we can agree that we’re trying to move in the right direction. For his sake and the great men that have come before us. We shouldn’t be cursing with eachother we need to be working together, look at Wheelersburg’s community. Every single person is backing them through everything and we’re stuck here fighting. Tbh it’s a darn shame

First off you need to go to class bottom line.

Return to “Football”