Columbus Bishop Hartley 51 Wheelersburg 20

scott1297
All Conference

Re: WK 2: Wheelersburg @ Columbus Bishop Hartley

Post by scott1297 »

Hartley very good team Burg did their best at times and will get better from this so congrats to the Hawks on a good win!

Burg grad 85
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

D3 football is a different beast

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Was final 44-20?

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

51-20

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

StolenTalents12 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:33 pm 51-20
Late Int ballooned it out even worse. Burg was outmatched in this one. Not so much in strength but in speed I thought. Burgs passing line protection was really good. I realize Hartley only rushed 4 but those boys were monsters in size.

Bright spots. Offense moved the ball pretty well. I thought our defense was more physical in the second half. Jalen Miller field goals.

Low spots. 4 Turnovers didn’t help. Putting together a complete game.

Burg will be better for playing this game but losing still stings.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Article and pics soon.

Quick thoughts.
There was seven of us setting pretty much together and I believe we all agreed on this.
Burg got beat up, up front in a big way.(The Hawks for most of the game ran up the gut for large chunks of yardage almost at will)
The were exposed in the secondary.(A QB back who can throw the ball deep, with receivers who have speed showed how easily long passes can be completed)
Playing street type football(On QB scrambles) will work against most teams on the schedule because the secondary will get lost. Against a well coached team(like tonight) safeties know where to be and how to jump a route.(As the pick six and near pick six shown.

I am others around me was shown tonight, that the Burg had no quit in them and I am going to guess, that is going to go a long way as the season goes on. The Burg saw by far the best team tonight that they will see all season,no matter how far they go in the playoffs.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

It's gonna be nice to see a regional re-match of last year in the playoffs later this year between Burg and Middletown Madison . That was a slobber knocker but there should be a lot of points put up this year. (Just my prediction)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:11 pm
Late Int ballooned it out even worse. Burg was outmatched in this one. Not so much in strength but in speed I thought. Burgs passing line protection was really good. I realize Hartley only rushed 4 but those boys were monsters in size.

Bright spots. Offense moved the ball pretty well. I thought our defense was more physical in the second half. Jalen Miller field goals.

Burg shot themselves in the foot. Defense looked good in the 2nd half. Tons of missed tackles in the first half that led to the onslaught. Burg showed some resilience in the 3rd putting 14 up quick. It’s hard to overcome 4 turnovers against a great opponent like that. I think Burg is in good shape moving forward. Fix the ball control issue and they are right in this game. Burg will move in to a 9-1 regular season. Jackson being the tougher of the remaining games.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:37 pm

Burg shot themselves in the foot. Defense looked good in the 2nd half. Tons of missed tackles in the first half that led to the onslaught. Burg showed some resilience in the 3rd putting 14 up quick. It’s hard to overcome 4 turnovers against a great opponent like that. I think Burg is in good shape moving forward. Fix the ball control issue and they are right in this game. Burg will move in to a 9-1 regular season. Jackson being the tougher of the remaining games.
Burg will be just fine , but west will be tougher than Jackson . Bank on it

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:05 am

They better do it quick. They didn’t look too hot tonight.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:16 am
Holding a 340 yard rusher to less than 30 yards isn’t bad . And we blanked Jackson also

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

What exactly are you basing this claim on ?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:20 am

Holding a 340 yard rusher to less than 30 yards isn’t bad . And we blanked Jackson also
I hope you’re right. It would be nice to have a good game week 10.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:22 am
Kind of simple . Watching Jackson play West lol. Grant it, it was a scrimmage game .

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:23 am
SiderBlood wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:20 am

I hope you’re right. It would be nice to have a good game week 10.
Like to see one also

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:28 pm It's gonna be nice to see a regional re-match of last year in the playoffs later this year between Burg and Middletown Madison . That was a slobber knocker but there should be a lot of points put up this year. (Just my prediction)
I realize that Wheelerburg usually makes the playoffs, with a good number of victories over schools at least their size or larger and that is great. But isn't the above statement a little premature.....besides being a prediction.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:24 am

Kind of simple . Watching Jackson play West lol. Grant it, it was a scrimmage game .
Lol what I figured

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

old benchwarmer wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:29 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:28 pm It's gonna be nice to see a regional re-match of last year in the playoffs later this year between Burg and Middletown Madison . That was a slobber knocker but there should be a lot of points put up this year. (Just my prediction)
I realize that Wheelerburg usually makes the playoffs, with a good number of victories over schools at least their size or larger and that is great. But isn't the above statement a little premature.....besides being a prediction.
Nope as they will both be in the playoffs again. Madison has 2 blowout wins already with tons of returnees from last year and the Burg might possibly lose maybe 1 other game with their schedule IMO. It's gonna happen.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:36 am
SiderBlood wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:24 am

Lol what I figured
I mean I don’t know what is a better basis than head to head matchups but I may be wrong.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

congratulations to Hartley they played an outstanding game tonite. Extremely talented. And easily the best team wheelersburg will see all year imho. We may see that physicality but with that kind of speed combined. Wheelersburg never quit and I though we actually outplayed the the 2nd half until the 2 pic 6 throws with under 5 min when the game was basically out of reach. We will be much better for this game I think e came out of it healthy which is huge. Get ready for next week. Good luck to Hartley going forward. Talked to a few of their fans at the game. Really respectful and knowledgeable fans. And we're complimentary of our program. Hope they win it all this year and maybe we see them in canton if it works out. We got a little work to do but it's possible

Return to “Football”