Wheelersburg 33 Jackson 14

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by fbnut »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:13 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:55 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:11 pm Not much changes in 1 year in this one i don't think , so : Last year Jackson in the playoffs lost to Independence by 25 and Hartley beat Independence by 30 the next game. That makes Hartley on a good night statistically speaking 55 points better than Jackson last year. Now, Burg beat Jackson by 24 last year and that's the EXACT point spread difference (55-24 = 31) that DID take place when the Burg lost to Hartley this year . Scary and weird, huh ? Anyway with that analogy it'll be the same this year. :o :o :o :o :o
Hartley played their second string half a game this year right?
As an impartial fan, the answer is no and the game was actually closer than the score as turnovers and some crucial mistakes made it seem lopsided by the final score only IMO.
Pretty sure he knew his statement was false. He’s a troll

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:24 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 pm As they should

But what does all that have to do with the Jackson player ?
I mean being part of a felony 1 robbery and felony 5 aggravated assault at 1:30 in morning in Athens? The only thing worse is murder lol
You have proof of all this ? If not a moderator should step in.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:44 pm You have proof of all this ? If not a moderator should step in.
I literally just copied it from your guys newspaper.

ironman02
SEOP

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by ironman02 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:36 pm Jackson, with all due respect, is not on the level of Watterson.
That might be true a lot of the time, but it wasn't true when the two teams met in the 2015 playoffs. Jackson shut out Watterson that night.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:11 pm
Barber1973 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:47 pm Have yall herd of the tranfer from V.C. Maybe having 2 sit friday nite
Well I’d hope he can’t play. That whole situation is a mess. Sad Naylan Yates would do something that bad
Why is this on here? What is the obsession with Athens posters and him? Wore out basketball threads, he graduated and now he’s in the talk of the Jackson/Wheelersburg thread???

Be careful what you put on here, this isn’t Topix

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

ironman02 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:54 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:36 pm Jackson, with all due respect, is not on the level of Watterson.
That might be true a lot of the time, but it wasn't true when the two teams met in the 2015 playoffs. Jackson shut out Watterson that night.
Oh for sure. I’m not knocking that team AT ALL. 2015 was a great football team. I am only stating this year. They do have consistently good programs, they have not always been great seasons. This is one of those seasons.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:13 pm
ironman02 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:54 pm
Oh for sure. I’m not knocking that team AT ALL. 2015 was a great football team. I am only stating this year. They do have consistently good programs, they have not always been great seasons. This is one of those seasons.
We doing that 100 yards of rushing bet?

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

fbnut wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:25 pm

As an impartial fan, the answer is no and the game was actually closer than the score as turnovers and some crucial mistakes made it seem lopsided by the final score only IMO.
ALL AMERICAN I know it has to hurt to type that. I am a Legend and should be treated a little respect Mr. all American to you nerd.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:01 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:11 pm
Barber1973 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:47 pm Have yall herd of the tranfer from V.C. Maybe having 2 sit friday nite
Well I’d hope he can’t play. That whole situation is a mess. Sad Naylan Yates would do something that bad
Why is this on here? What is the obsession with Athens posters and him? Wore out basketball threads, he graduated and now he’s in the talk of the Jackson/Wheelersburg thread???

Be careful what you put on here, this isn’t Topix
I agree pretty chicken shot!
Last edited by allamericanironman on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Raider hates Jackson more than he loves Athens. Typical for him.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Haven't had much time, but just a few thoughts now that I do...

Wheelersburg is the class of SE Ohio football. They have been for a while, and it looks like they will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Coach Woodward has taken an already great program and built them into something even better. I have more respect for the Burg program than any other in our area. They're a consistent winner, always have been and probably always will be. They play football the right way. Period.

Jackson also has a very good football program. I know a lot of people on this thread like to say that Jackson acts like they're some statewide powerhouse and they're not really any good. Well, Jackson has played football for a long time. They have 619 wins currently, which is Top 30 in the history of the state of Ohio. Without looking at updated numbers, I'm pretty sure the only school in southern Ohio with more wins than Jackson is Ironton. Burg's winning percentage is better and is one of the best in the history of the state, but we already knew that.

Jackson is a D3 school in an area where there aren't many. They have made 12 playoff appearances and have a 7-12 record and a couple regional final appearances. D3 football is pretty competitive, so while Jackson hasn't been dominant at the state level, they've done okay. Pretty solid, in my opinion. They also won 25 league championships in one of the longest standing leagues in the history of the state, one that had schools like Ironton, Portsmouth, Zanesville, Logan, Gallia Academy, and even Athens throughout its time. The point is, the city of Jackson loves football, it's proud of its football team, and the football program has been pretty solid historically, despite what anyone from Wellston, McArthur, or Athens would like to say about it. Not a statewide powerhouse, not even the best program in SE Ohio, but definitely one of the best in our area. There, I feel better now.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

ironman02 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:58 pm Haven't had much time, but just a few thoughts now that I do...

Wheelersburg is the class of SE Ohio football. They have been for a while, and it looks like they will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Coach Woodward has taken an already great program and built them into something even better. I have more respect for the Burg program than any other in our area. They're a consistent winner, always have been and probably always will be. They play football the right way. Period.

Jackson also has a very good football program. I know a lot of people on this thread like to say that Jackson acts like they're some statewide powerhouse and they're not really any good. Well, Jackson has played football for a long time. They have 619 wins currently, which is Top 30 in the history of the state of Ohio. Without looking at updated numbers, I'm pretty sure the only school in southern Ohio with more wins than Jackson is Ironton. Burg's winning percentage is better and is one of the best in the history of the state, but we already knew that.

Jackson is a D3 school in an area where there aren't many. They have made 12 playoff appearances and have a 7-12 record and a couple regional final appearances. D3 football is pretty competitive, so while Jackson hasn't been dominant at the state level, they've done okay. Pretty solid, in my opinion. They also won 25 league championships in one of the longest standing leagues in the history of the state, one that had schools like Ironton, Portsmouth, Zanesville, Logan, Gallia Academy, and even Athens throughout its time. The point is, the city of Jackson loves football, it's proud of its football team, and the football program has been pretty solid historically, despite what anyone from Wellston, McArthur, or Athens would like to say about it. Not a statewide powerhouse, not even the best program in SE Ohio, but definitely one of the best in our area. There, I feel better now.
Nice post. Well said.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ironman02 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:58 pm Haven't had much time, but just a few thoughts now that I do...

And this was one of the regular and contributing posters that the galactically stupid have all but ran off. Hate to have a forum full of contributors that have intelligence and are unbiased with ample respect of others.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Pretty sure it was 28-0 and they had 3 of their best players out with cramps in the second half. How the heck is that close? I am using FACTS

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I don’t know anyone in McArthur that thinks Jackson doesn’t have an above average football program. So I’m not sure what you mean by that?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

allamericanironman wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:11 pm

Pretty sure it was 28-0 and they had 3 of their best players out with cramps in the second half. How the heck is that close? I am using FACTS
Troll

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

JTEK wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:27 pm
Troll
Was never 28-0
Was 34-20 about halfway thru 3rd

allamericanironman
All Conference

fbnut wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:37 pm
Troll
Was never 28-0
They never had a 28 point lead the Columbus dispatch lies I guess. Fake News

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

allamericanironman wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:45 pm
fbnut wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:37 pm
Troll
Was never 28-0
They never had a 28 point lead the Columbus dispatch lies I guess.
28 point lead and 28-0 are different

allamericanironman
All Conference

Very nice 02. I am actually the third generation all SEOAL Right tackle. My dad and my great uncle also held down the strong side. The best and nastiest was my other great uncle. An all SEOAL nose guard under the legendary Gene Slaughter. He chewed tobacco while he played. The very first play of the game he would spit on the centers hand then at the snap of the ball hit him in the nose as hard as he could. I took a beating as a kid to say the least no one was ever nice to me. The pressure to do good was unreal. I should write a book with all the football stories. I am proud to be apart of the tradition. Go dam Red!
Last edited by allamericanironman on Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”