Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

SpeedKillz

Re: Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:47 pm
FIDO wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:33 pm I'd be willing to bet the kids couldn't care less where they played. They just wanna strap it on and hit someone.
I would agree
I agree. But every variable has an effect. The late change and disruption as a result will be a factor imo regardless how the kids feel.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:22 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:32 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:19 pm

My guess is if Kirtland were making the decisions it would be a lot more considerate.
If we were making them, we’d play wherever you guys wanted. I’ve seen a few of our fans say Spectrum has enough cameras for 2 sites, that we would be willing to go to you guys. Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way
I think it should be nuetral and as balanced ( per) travel/cost as possible. That shouldn't be too much to ask of ohssa.
I agree. I’ve always said it was fair at OSU then I said it was fair when they announced Obetz

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:49 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:32 pm

If we were making them, we’d play wherever you guys wanted. I’ve seen a few of our fans say Spectrum has enough cameras for 2 sites, that we would be willing to go to you guys. Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way
I think it should be nuetral and as balanced ( per) travel/cost as possible. That shouldn't be too much to ask of ohssa.
I agree. I’ve always said it was fair at OSU then I said it was fair when they announced Obetz
I am probably the strongest advocate that state title games should always be in the "shoe". We should make that a consistent reality.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:33 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:49 pm

I am probably the strongest advocate that state title games should always be in the "shoe". We should make that a consistent reality.
I agree but when it doesn’t happen, it’s not our fault that it doesn’t. We gotta play where they say, just like anyone else. Tbh I wish they’d just let us come that way somewhere or all the way to you. Road trip for me and I could check out your stadium. Spectrum got enough cameras to cover 2 sites

6O HORN3TS 🐝
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I am pretty sure that the players could care less where this game is played. As long as it's not cancelled it doesnt matter where the game is played so good luck to Ironton and safe travels

Burg grad 85
TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Let me ask you all something???
Kirtland???
Watcha gonna do when the Fighting Tigers come after you?
Let’s Go Tigers bring home #3!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

My opinion: I think the state should set it up where the team with the longest travel plays the late game, regardless of division. This is especially important, imo, since oshaa insists on the games being played at Massillon.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

TigerMania wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:16 pm Let me ask you all something???
Kirtland???
We are ready. Good luck to you guys
Attachments
FCFC94DA-4EA0-4C1F-B3F7-C90B43FB93F7.jpeg
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Football fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Football fan »

Here comes the Ironton excuses like everything else it doesn’t matter where you play you can still have all the cramps you want

We should play in the Akron area cause it’s to close for Kurt land cause all state games have been played up there for how many years now this isn’t something they just pulled out of there butts at the last minute get real

Then your hear from Ironton Kirkland recruits but nobody recruits kids like Ironton does that brings up my next point they won cause they have rich kids and Ironton is poor blah blah go out and play the game if you get beat you get beat stop with whining about the stadium if this was a normal year guess what you would still be playing in the Akron area

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

FIDO wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:22 pm My opinion: I think the state should set it up where the team with the longest travel plays the late game, regardless of division. This is especially important, imo, since oshaa insists on the games being played at Massillon.
I wonder if the ohssa could part w that much? 😂

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:29 pm
Kirtland???
What's gonna be a final prediction?

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:43 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:29 pm
Kirtland???
What's gonna be a final prediction?
I predict the team with the most points at the end of 4 quarters will be the state champion. I know it’s a long shot but that’s my guess

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland isn't gonna get tired. Bank on that. Kirtland isn't gonna tell ya many secrets either. They dare ya to stop em. What does that mean? It means Ironton has to find 4 complete quarters of high level execution. Mentally. Physically. They have to match Kirtlands strength and endurance, and exceed their execution. Ironton is cut from the same cloth. Physical. Nasty. Aggressive. Dedicated. Disciplined & well coached. The season is gonna end similar to how it started. Chaos & disorder. Ironton is hungry. Kirtland is confident and comfortable in the big game. I am critical of the late change and I still feel it will play a role BUT I understand if it brings some adversity, it also brings some positive. For Ironton, a team so accustomed to this late season business trip across the state, maybe in some weird way the late change to location conjures up something that feels real traditional in a otherwise untraditional season? Maybe it was mean to be. One thing is for sure. I've called it twice. Pre location change 17 - 14 Ironton. Post change: see above. I honestly think it is too close to call. It's gonna come down to a couple plays that decide a quarter imo. How much space exist between #1 & #2?? I think this game is gonna be a classic. Ohio State/Indiana. Ironton/Kirtland. Saturday is booked!!!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:41 am
FIDO wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:22 pm My opinion: I think the state should set it up where the team with the longest travel plays the late game, regardless of division. This is especially important, imo, since oshaa insists on the games being played at Massillon.
I think it was Massillon or nothing where it was last minute and Massillon offered to staff and host for free just so the games wouldn’t be canceled and of course players and coaches wanna play so they agreed. I guess OHSAA couldn’t get another stadium to host on the drop of a hat. Big thanks to Massillon for saving the games even though it’s not centrally located and Hoban for agreeing to play them at home. I heard, and it’s hearsay at this point, if one or they other didn’t agree they were just going to cancel that game but of course no one wants to come this far just to not play a state title game

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:06 am
I think it was Massillon or nothing where it was last minute and Massillon offered to staff and host for free just so the games wouldn’t be canceled and of course players and coaches wanna play so they agreed. I guess OHSAA couldn’t get another stadium to host on the drop of a hat. Big thanks to Massillon for saving the games even though it’s not centrally located and Hoban for agreeing to play them at home. I heard, and it’s hearsay at this point, if one or they other didn’t agree they were just going to cancel that game but of course no one wants to come this far just to not play a state title game
Not an easy situation on any side. I think we are playing against the clock w more counties in ohio issuing curfews.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:03 am Kirtland isn't gonna get tired. Bank on that. Kirtland isn't gonna tell ya many secrets either. They dare ya to stop em. What does that mean? It means Ironton has to find 4 complete quarters of high level execution. Mentally. Physically. They have to match Kirtlands strength and endurance, and exceed their execution. Ironton is cut from the same cloth. Physical. Nasty. Aggressive. Dedicated. Disciplined & well coached. The season is gonna end similar to how it started. Chaos & disorder. Ironton is hungry. Kirtland is confident and comfortable in the big game. I am critical of the late change and I still feel it will play a role BUT I understand if it brings some adversity, it also brings some positive. For Ironton, a team so accustomed to this late season business trip across the state, maybe in some weird way the late change to location conjures up something that feels real traditional in a otherwise untraditional season? Maybe it was mean to be. One thing is for sure. I've called it twice. Pre location change 17 - 14 Ironton. Post change: see above. I honestly think it is too close to call. It's gonna come down to a couple plays that decide a quarter imo. How much space exist between #1 & #2?? I think this game is gonna be a classic. Ohio State/Indiana. Ironton/Kirtland. Saturday is booked!!!
I said the same thing few pages back. I don’t think one or the other runs away with it. I think it will be who makes the most plays in key situations. If there is one positive, there are Tigers everywhere at Massillon and one of the end zones is painted with the word Tigers. May feel more at home

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:11 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:03 am Kirtland isn't gonna get tired. Bank on that. Kirtland isn't gonna tell ya many secrets either. They dare ya to stop em. What does that mean? It means Ironton has to find 4 complete quarters of high level execution. Mentally. Physically. They have to match Kirtlands strength and endurance, and exceed their execution. Ironton is cut from the same cloth. Physical. Nasty. Aggressive. Dedicated. Disciplined & well coached. The season is gonna end similar to how it started. Chaos & disorder. Ironton is hungry. Kirtland is confident and comfortable in the big game. I am critical of the late change and I still feel it will play a role BUT I understand if it brings some adversity, it also brings some positive. For Ironton, a team so accustomed to this late season business trip across the state, maybe in some weird way the late change to location conjures up something that feels real traditional in a otherwise untraditional season? Maybe it was mean to be. One thing is for sure. I've called it twice. Pre location change 17 - 14 Ironton. Post change: see above. I honestly think it is too close to call. It's gonna come down to a couple plays that decide a quarter imo. How much space exist between #1 & #2?? I think this game is gonna be a classic. Ohio State/Indiana. Ironton/Kirtland. Saturday is booked!!!
I said the same thing few pages back. I don’t think one or the other runs away with it. I think it will be who makes the most plays in key situations. If there is one positive, there are Tigers everywhere at Massillon and one of the end zones is painted with the word Tigers. May feel more at home
Well, at least the post game celebration will be color coordinated. 👀🤫

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:08 am

Not an easy situation on any side. I think we are playing against the clock w more counties in ohio issuing curfews.
I think so as well. I’m just glad it wasn’t Dewine that ordered it or it would have been the whole state, but yes the clock is ticking on the time frame to get these games played. Hopefully we don’t get news of it being canceled tomorrow

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:13 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:11 am
Well, at least the post game celebration will be color coordinated. 👀🤫
It will for sure be if all 3 Tiger teams win lol

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:14 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:08 am

I think so as well. I’m just glad it wasn’t Dewine that ordered it or it would have been the whole state, but yes the clock is ticking on the time frame to get these games played. Hopefully we don’t get news of it being canceled tomorrow

I was thinking the exact same. That could happen at any moment now.

Return to “Football”