ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:39 pm
TigerBob wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:47 pm Once again, the rule

Transfer to Wheelersburg = Great reasons only, never athletically motivated

Transfer to Ironton = Recruited

I hope the kid experiences success in the classroom and in athletics whatever that means. He and his family made a decision about what they felt is best for them. Good luck to him!
As I’ve said over and over “Ironton does recruit, Burg does not”. Fortunately you can easily verify if I am lying. Burg’s at Ironton this year. You can take time out of bowing to your god Pendleton and simply ask the person directly.

Of course you could have done this with kids from the past who transferred to Ironton but had connections to Burg. Not difficult to find out the truth if you really wanted to know.
You might want to quit your day job and become a stand up comedian lol.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

I hope the kid experiences success in the classroom and in athletics whatever that means. He and his family made a decision about what they felt is best for them. Good luck to him!
As I’ve said over and over “Ironton does recruit, Burg does not”. Fortunately you can easily verify if I am lying. Burg’s at Ironton this year. You can take time out of bowing to your god Pendleton and simply ask the person directly.

Of course you could have done this with kids from the past who transferred to Ironton but had connections to Burg. Not difficult to find out the truth if you really wanted to know.
This is priceless 😂

stickem
Freshman Team

Post by stickem »

I rarely post but am a daily reader of this forum. I like to consider myself as one of the "Burg Diehards" I bleed orange and black. But after several years why are we still beating this dead horse "recruitment". Look at college sports, it's the new normal. Personally, at first, I was all up in arms about it myself whether it be college or high school. But as we continue to progress like I said this is the new normal, if a kid wants to go play with a buddy across town, or if he thinks he has an advantage and a chance to better himself by all means let him or her go. At the same time for those who choose to stay and ride it out at the home school, take it and use it as motivation, that should make you want to beat that team just as bad knowing that the talent is stacked. Be David and go out there and try to slay Goliath there's no reason you can't on any given Friday. All in all its just my two cents and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there comes a time I think we have to move on.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Or
Simply go ask all the coaches of the teams that now refuse to play ironton because of the irontons staff openly recruiting their kids

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

fbnut wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:37 am

Or
Simply go ask all the coaches of the teams that now refuse to play ironton because of the irontons staff openly recruiting their kids
All ?? Name the Coaches and Teams lol, where’s the proof not just hearsay? Do you or should you turn down kids who want to play for you, is it even legal to do so with open enrollment? Just questions!!

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:06 pm
SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:39 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:24 pm Heard Lattimore from Portsmouth has enrolled at Burg.

If he can keep his head on him I think he will fit in nicely with the Burg offense.
You seem excited. Ironton gets a transfer and it’s terrible
Mom wanted to get him out of Portsmouth. Seemed to be some problems.

Ironton approached her about transferring there, Burg never approached her. (As I have said, Ironton actively recruits while Burg does not).

She decided to move to Burg for three reasons:
1. Academics
2. Athletics
3. Closer to home (Ptown)

Seemed to be some problems? Yes, him, he was the problem. Very little work ethic, poor sportsmanship and no passion for the game. He initially wasn’t going to play football at Portsmouth last year. Played the first 2 games, and thought he was an absolute stud because he burnt a bad Valley secondary. Would show up late to practice or not at all. Same with weights in the summer. Seniors took a vote and didn’t want him back on the team. He’s a good kid, needs a reality check and some hard work instilled in him.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

stickem wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:24 am I rarely post but am a daily reader of this forum. I like to consider myself as one of the "Burg Diehards" I bleed orange and black. But after several years why are we still beating this dead horse "recruitment". Look at college sports, it's the new normal. Personally, at first, I was all up in arms about it myself whether it be college or high school. But as we continue to progress like I said this is the new normal, if a kid wants to go play with a buddy across town, or if he thinks he has an advantage and a chance to better himself by all means let him or her go. At the same time for those who choose to stay and ride it out at the home school, take it and use it as motivation, that should make you want to beat that team just as bad knowing that the talent is stacked. Be David and go out there and try to slay Goliath there's no reason you can't on any given Friday. All in all its just my two cents and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there comes a time I think we have to move on.
stickem: nice post. Most of Burg guys I talk to also fall into this line of thinking. They are hyped to take on the challenge in front of them.

If the Burg coaches/AD truly had a problem with what Ironton is doing, they wouldn't have Ironton on the schedule. They also wouldn't allow Burg players to attend the Ironton college showcase (of which numerous Burg players attended last year and plenty will again this year). The recruiting/transfer talk mostly limited to posters on here and otherwise a nothing-burger that helps pass the offseason on SEOPreps.*

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:04 pm
fbnut wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:37 am

Or
All ?? Name the Coaches and Teams lol, where’s the proof not just hearsay? Do you or should you turn down kids who want to play for you, is it even legal to do so with open enrollment? Just questions!!
I give you an example with details, and you basically accuse me of lying. I tell you where you can get your proof, yet you simply refuse to follow through.

You do not want the truth.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:26 pm

Ironton approached her about transferring there, Burg never approached her. (As I have said, Ironton actively recruits while Burg does not).

1. Academics
2. Athletics

Seemed to be some problems? Yes, him, he was the problem. Very little work ethic, poor sportsmanship and no passion for the game. He initially wasn’t going to play football at Portsmouth last year. Played the first 2 games, and thought he was an absolute stud because he burnt a bad Valley secondary. Would show up late to practice or not at all. Same with weights in the summer. Seniors took a vote and didn’t want him back on the team. He’s a good kid, needs a reality check and some hard work instilled in him.
I heard the same but didn’t wanted to disparage the kid. Hope he’s mentally ready for Burg, because that stuff won’t be tolerated.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

stickem wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:24 am I rarely post but am a daily reader of this forum. I like to consider myself as one of the "Burg Diehards" I bleed orange and black. But after several years why are we still beating this dead horse "recruitment". Look at college sports, it's the new normal. Personally, at first, I was all up in arms about it myself whether it be college or high school. But as we continue to progress like I said this is the new normal, if a kid wants to go play with a buddy across town, or if he thinks he has an advantage and a chance to better himself by all means let him or her go. At the same time for those who choose to stay and ride it out at the home school, take it and use it as motivation, that should make you want to beat that team just as bad knowing that the talent is stacked. Be David and go out there and try to slay Goliath there's no reason you can't on any given Friday. All in all its just my two cents and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there comes a time I think we have to move on.
I’ve praised Ironton for their recruiting. I think Pendleton is doing the right thing. However, many Ironton fans deny it while accusing Burg of doing it.

But despite what Ironton fans claim, Ironton does recruit and Burg does not. Hence the point (and proof) of my post. Additional evidence that they refuse to accept.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:59 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:26 pm

1. Academics
2. Athletics

I heard the same but didn’t wanted to disparage the kid. Hope he’s mentally ready for Burg, because that stuff won’t be tolerated.

Agree, I don’t want to talk bad about the boy. He’s honestly been respectful when I’ve seen him, someone else said he’s a good student. But from what I have heard and seen with my own eyes he’s not a good student athlete of team player. You’re absolutely right, if he pulls the stunts he did while a Trojan at Burg then he won’t last long.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Schedule?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:57 pmSchedule?
@ Ironton
Archbishop McNicholas
@ jackson
Northwest
@ Valley
Harvest Prep
@ Oak Hill
Waverly
@ Minford
Portsmouth West

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:52 pm
stickem: nice post. Most of Burg guys I talk to also fall into this line of thinking. They are hyped to take on the challenge in front of them.

If the Burg coaches/AD truly had a problem with what Ironton is doing, they wouldn't have Ironton on the schedule. They also wouldn't allow Burg players to attend the Ironton college showcase (of which numerous Burg players attended last year and plenty will again this year). The recruiting/transfer talk mostly limited to posters on here and otherwise a nothing-burger that helps pass the offseason on SEOPreps.*
The vast majority of people feel the same way. A few losers on here are ate up with it, that’s about it. Ironton and Wheelersburg are the premier football programs in this part of the state, and it’s really not close on a year in year our basis. Hard to blame any kid or parent for wanting to join either.

Gotta imagine, if Lattimore plays and plays well, that’s just one more reason for Wheelersburg to open up the playbook a bit. I liked a lot of their pieces last year, but defenses had zero respect for the pass. Hard to move it consistently against good defenses when they load up like that. I wouldn’t say Lattimore changes anything for them, but it’s one more guy that’s tough to account for. Dangerous team if they have an offense that’s capable against good teams.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

:)
TigerBob wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:24 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:52 pm

The vast majority of people feel the same way. A few losers on here are ate up with it, that’s about it. Ironton and Wheelersburg are the premier football programs in this part of the state, and it’s really not close on a year in year our basis. Hard to blame any kid or parent for wanting to join either.

Gotta imagine, if Lattimore plays and plays well, that’s just one more reason for Wheelersburg to open up the playbook a bit. I liked a lot of their pieces last year, but defenses had zero respect for the pass. Hard to move it consistently against good defenses when they load up like that. I wouldn’t say Lattimore changes anything for them, but it’s one more guy that’s tough to account for. Dangerous team if they have an offense that’s capable against good teams.
No one is scared of Wheelersburg or Ironton. Just stop.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

1. I didn’t say anyone was scared
2. By “this part of the state” I really meant the river towns. Obviously you’re not going to see too many kids transferring from Portsmouth to Jackson or from Wellston to Ironton.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

TigerBob wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:13 pm 1. I didn’t say anyone was scared
2. By “this part of the state” I really meant the river towns. Obviously you’re not going to see too many kids transferring from Portsmouth to Jackson or from Wellston to Ironton.
Fair enough

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

New Field Turf looks great! Almost done!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:24 pm Heard Lattimore from Portsmouth has enrolled at Burg.

If he can keep his head on him I think he will fit in nicely with the Burg offense.

Excited??? Where in the hell did you get that out of my statement??? All I said is I think he will fit in with Burg's offense or he could be a total bust and not show up for weights this summer or practice and never see the field.

Ironton gets A transfer!! Now that's funny right there I don't care who you are!!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:54 pm

Excited??? Where in the hell did you get that out of my statement??? All I said is I think he will fit in with Burg's offense or he could be a total bust and not show up for weights this summer or practice and never see the field.

Ironton gets A transfer!! Now that's funny right there I don't care who you are!!

Both recruit and both get “transfers” , Ironton just has a transfer / recruit department and are going on the attack, Wheelersburg is still counting on the fact that they are the crown prince, tropical paradise and everyone wants to get that superior education and shake a jug of rocks.

Return to “Football”