OVC Changes?

mattash
Site Admin

Re: OVC Changes?

Post by mattash »

I bet Symmes Valley would stay in the middle of the pack each year but depth in football would be an issue against the OVC. If they could get 40+ plus kids out eeach year it would be a great move, but with 25-30 they better stay where they are.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

I call bs. .
show those kids some packed ovc houses instead of the lil' soc crowds and you'll have 40 in no two seasons

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Difficult for smaller schools to compete with larger schools year in and year out. Not saying it can't be done but more often than not it won't happen. I agree with ump.

What the heck though... lets invite Symmes Valley and South Gallia both into the league. Would give the conference 8 teams. Each team playing 7 league games would be great. Would still allow schools to schedule 3 non conference games with traditional rivals and such.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Travel wise RV out of the OVC wouldnt be a big loss. For Symmes Valley to join would be a lose lose for the league and SV. The OVC teams have enough trouble gettig playoof points why would you invite a small school into your league that wouldnt mke sense at all. SV is in a competitive conference right where they are at in the SO. It is a perfect fit for them why would they want to leave?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

the reason for lack of playoffs is lack non conference wins

on a side note Symmes Valley biddys ran the table in football this year with both the 3rd/4th grade team and 5th/6th grade team going unbeaten in the OVC. They also won a Kentucky tournement. This is the first time for that in SV History. So future looks good.

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

-while it is very entertaining to talk about possible realignment, the fact is, if and when river valley has a decent year, they will give teams a good amount of points,
-bringing in south galia and symmes valley will only be detrimental to the league, playing out of conference teams like valley or ports west would be plenty of points.
- are there any leagues that are closer to river valley than the OVC? and what conference were they in before they came to the ovc. I am just curious about that, i would much rather keep RV than go back to 5 teams

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Lets see, I hope volleyball can bring in as much money as football.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

RV was in the seoal. . and they were a good fit
just they let that school district run down to the state it is in now. . . .its what happens when you have a school outside a city limit. . and hidden from view. . .they shoulda been just fine in that league
they should stay in the OVC until they rebound

and complaining about playoff points is about the dumbest thing i've heard in a while. . a 7-3 record gets you in pretty easily in the ovc if you play an avg nonconf sched. . . .quit talking about points people if your good you'll make it

pantherball
Waterboy

Post by pantherball »

Vikings would be a good fit.

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

River Valley has won 6 straight OVC championships in volleyball, so there is talent

i would never want south galia or symmes valley, if you want to have fun with conference changes then talk about south galia and Iront st joe going to soc I

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

It would be a big mistake for both Symmes Valley and South Gallia to join the OVC.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Just a hypothetical question to OVC fans, what about a Wellston D4 in the OVC :?:

I know Wellston has played several series with Rock Hill and a few with South Point.

1. Wellston to Chesire River Valley Total Est. Time: 56 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 43.43 miles

2. Wellston to Procterville Fairland Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 63.39 miles

3. Wellston to Chesapeake Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 26 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 67.48 miles

4. Wellston to South Point Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 24 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 72.09 miles

5. Wellston to Coal Grove Dawson Byrant Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 64.52 miles

6. Wellston to Ironton Rock Hill Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 6 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 45.57 miles

Last edited by Army on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

cause even though geographically not that far. . .its over 70 minute drive
the only teams in the area that could reasonably join would be SV or ironton
old CK, or Vinson would be great to have back
but honestly isn't the OVC great . . .sooo close

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Ironton would be the big dog in the OVC if they went that way. SV would have to scrap every season.....but IMHO thats better than dominating lesser competition. I do think Ironton moving into the ovc is a smarter move though.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ironton in the OVC would never work. Wellston on the other hand might be a good match or if they want to go with an out of state team pick up Wayne or a team like Belfry.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Saw this morning that the talk is $4.00 a gal. for gas this summer. The only way gas prices will go is up. Fuel cost could lead to alot of changes in athletics simply because of transportation cost. Could see somethings in the future that nobody would have ever thought. Just a thought.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Oak Hill would be a better fit than Wellston.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Oak Hill was in the OVC from 1946-1986.

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

River Valley gets my vote over Welston, Oak Hill is actually closer, fairland is the only school that is closer to RV than oak hill, hmmmmmmmm?
Symmes Valley is definately closer than Oak hill, but there is no way a D6 school can continually compete with much bigger schools, but i would love to have norm back in the OVC

Welston.....Oak Hill......River Valley.......Symmes Valley......South Galia......Ironton

I Pick.......

Oak Hill!!!!.......and Portsmouth...Yahoo says that from Proctorville to Portsmouth is only 1 hr and 2 mins, but thats hard to believe
Last edited by OVClocal on Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

mtswngrvsg wrote:Saw this morning that the talk is $4.00 a gal. for gas this summer. The only way gas prices will go is up. Fuel cost could lead to alot of changes in athletics simply because of transportation cost. Could see somethings in the future that nobody would have ever thought. Just a thought.

Might you be suggesting Ironton???

Return to “Football”