Playoffs:D4 #8 Rock Hill (7-3) @ #1 St. Clairsville (10-0)

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Yes, I agree about the http://www.wtov9.com site. If you want info on St. C. go there for rosters, video highlights, everything you need to know stuff. It's what every scout that hasn't seen a team play would want.

Now, does Rock Hill have a TV station that does that? My guess is this game might be telecast on the web thru a local Wheeling WV station. Will let you know later.

By the way, St. C. wins this one 36-14

dukiees1
JV Team

Post by dukiees1 »

Good luck to the Redmen and hopefully the long ride pays off at the end :-D

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Good luck Rock Hill! Represent!

Once a Tiger (or Tigerette), always a Tiger!
earp
S

Post by earp »

Guys nothing againist the OVC here but this is a comepletly different level of competition here.St. Clairsville by a bunch.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I suspect that it will be a long drive home for Rock Hill but here's hoping that the local team gets the win.

(I have watched St. Clairsville this year and they were the best team on the Pirates' schedule.)

earp
S

Post by earp »

Better than Johnson Central?Oh man! it could be a long night for the Redmen :(

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

St. C. big

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I am behind RH all the way. A first-class (and classy) program that knows what it takes to build success. Good luck RH!

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

earp wrote:Guys nothing againist the OVC here but this is a comepletly different level of competition here.St. Clairsville by a bunch.

I'm sure some Michigan fans said the same thing to Eastern Carolina when they came to the big house... At this point I believe RH players know what they are up against... sobriety is the first step in victory for the players and support and confidence is the first step for those who wish to see them succeed! Go Hill!

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

I will root for the Hill....BUT......

St.C will win....Big

T-I-G-E-R-S
readn,writn,&rt243
Riding the Bench

Post by readn,writn,&rt243 »

allsport wrote:
earp wrote:Guys nothing againist the OVC here but this is a comepletly different level of competition here.St. Clairsville by a bunch.

I'm sure some Michigan fans said the same thing to Eastern Carolina when they came to the big house... At this point I believe RH players know what they are up against... sobriety is the first step in victory for the players and support and confidence is the first step for those who wish to see them succeed! Go Hill!

I hope the players are sober when they play the game.....I thought the team up north lost to Appy St. not ECU, oh well, good luck to all the local teams in the playoffs.

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

I root for the Redmen to win this game ... but in all honesty they are WAY in over their heads on this one.... Comparing their schedules is like Apples and Oranges... not even close...

Realistically St. C wins this one by a LOT... but again.. Id like to be wrong..

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

No Contest!
SC is going to have no trouble!

Sorry RH!

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

readn,writn,&rt243 wrote:
allsport wrote:

I hope the players are sober when they play the game.....I thought the team up north lost to Appy St. not ECU, oh well, good luck to all the local teams in the playoffs.

Daah... my bad... you are quite right it was Appy State... but you get my point.

FanoftheHill
Waterboy

Post by FanoftheHill »

Being a true fan of Hill I have to go with RH but our boys will have to play the game of their life. Don't hold nothing back. Play this one like it is your last one since it just may be. Good luck RH.

rh40
Riding the Bench

Post by rh40 »

This is why we play the game. Is St. C. a better team yes make no bones about it. Can they be beaten yes. Can RH beat them yes. who would have thought Appy St. would have beat Mich., or Ky beat LSU This is high school ball anything is possible. RH has to play mistake free ball and get St. C off thier game plan but it can be done. I would like to see the Hill play next week GO HILL

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

APPY state has made alot of underdogs believe in the impossible.

GOOD lucK Rock Hill

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Although I would like to see Rock Hill pull this one out for southern ohio, I don't believe they can matchup with StC. This is a very solid team.

And since the StC group are such good hosts I will wish good luck to the Devils as well.

May the best team win and hope for an injury free game.

GO REDMEN! GO RED DEVILS! From this Burg fan

OVCfan
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan »

In the recent Rock Hill and St. Clairsville article in the Ironton Tribune it mentioned that this is Rock Hill's 4th consecutive road trip in the playoffs.

While this fact is true, it should be noted that in 1995 during RH's first playoff appearance, RH finished 2nd in the Region that year. At that time, games were only played at Neutral sites. With today's setup, it would have been a home game.

Rock Hill's past playoff Records: (1-3 All-Time)

1995 (W) RH - 26 Fairfield Union - 0
(L) RH - 0 Ironton - 21

2003 (L) RH - 7 Ironton - 48

2005 (L) RH - 14 Ironton - 28

Go HILL !

"The Greatest Show on Turf"
BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

RedmenPirate wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:No Contest!
SC is going to have no trouble!

Sorry RH!

Careful NM. Why is it no contest, because they took it to the Burg? Maybe Burg decided not to play very well that night? Anything can happen! Remember a few years ago when little #8 seed Centerburg rolled into Ed Miller stadium and ended the Pirates' season? (Actually, you probably don't since you're a newbie) Anyways, thanks for supporting local teams!

Go Hill! Beat St. Clairsville!
Go Burg! Beat Ridgewood!

Redmenpirate,
StC did not take it to Burg, StC won the game, but it was close the entire game until 4th Quarter TD by StC. Burg did not play as well as they could/should have. Of course that could be due to StC. As for the Centerburg matchup goes, if you remember correctly Centerburg went onto to the State final four. They were a very solid underrated team that played a tough schedule that year.

The only comparison would be that RH lost to West in a close one and Burg beat West 34-7. So I believe RH will have their hands full. StC may be too much for RH to handle.

In any case, anything can happen and a down night for StC may prove disasterous.

Return to “Football”