Northwest Mohawks Head Coach-2008?

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

I understand.By the way, it's power clean, not cling.Boy you guys do need some help w/ the wts.lol only kidding around. I'm just a firm believer in Wt. lifting and the benefits you get from it. I guess it's from my past as a college strength coach etc... and seeing first hand what a good wt. program can do for a program. I'll use an example you can relate to. Look at East- They got a new wt. room w/ new equipment 5 yrs. ago They started a new program and have continued w/ the return of Coach Davis. Look at the benefits they have reaped. They had a very strong team this year. there are numerous examples. I personally think the coach should lighten his load a tad bit, if building a FB program is his top priority, but thats really not my business. If he wants to coach the other sports than he should find a couple of dependable staff members to run the wt program. The type of program really doesn't matter. There are hundreds, and they all work.I always said you could use a strong broomstick, 2 5-gallon buckets and a pile of gravel and build strength if the technique is correct.
I would just like to see your FB program get better, b/c it baffles me why they never do. There are countless schools in OH similar to your situation and demographics.
Good luck.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

NWMohawks wrote:Coach is to busy coaching basketball right now, then after that he coaches track so ??????????????????????????????????????????

Theres your problem.... Football not a priority to even the HC.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Not even lifting yet for football....wow. As hilltop said East got a new weight room and it has paid off for East, I believe now they even add a class in which alot if not all football players take as an optional class.

EastBeast06
JV Team

Post by EastBeast06 »

Hitting the weights definitely helps out alot. Especially when you get started after a short break from the last season. Football is an all year around sport. I can understand the ones that play multiple sports because they stay active all year around, but the others that just play football should live in the weight room if they want to see results in the upcoming season. I think Northwest does need to hire a strength coach if they want to turn the program around.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Re: Northwest Mohawks Head Coach-2008?

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

TTT

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Has anything changed down there.

woodsman
Waterboy

Post by woodsman »

I understand Scott Thompson is back there just wondering if there is any shot of seeing him on the sideline as an assistant in the fall he's a great coach good with kids and played a big role in those dominant Piketon teams of the late 90's?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

What is the status of the current coach?

Northwest has alot of factors that other schools dont have to deal with.

1.) Kids living 15-20 miles from school, hard to get back home from practice
2.) Gas is expensive...some of those kids live a long way out
3.) they have alot of kids that work on the farm after school....no way to get out of that work to help the family out and sports are not an option
4.) it is hard to get kids involved when the football program has been well below mediocre for the past 10 years or better. Not knocking the kids, just stating the facts. If they were 25-5 over the past 3 seasons, kids would be enrolling through open enrollment and they would have alot of kids knocking the door down to play.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Mark Spears was hired as the new girl's varsity basketball coach. Don't know if he resigned or is resigning the football job.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

winchell wrote
Mark Spears was hired as the new girl's varsity basketball coach. Don't know if he resigned or is resigning the football job.

What school????

GreenGrass
Freshman Team

Post by GreenGrass »

Northwest

OldBlue
Freshman Team

Post by OldBlue »

He's not the football coach anymore. He stepped down to take the girls basketball job.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

The Master Plan is finally now in place, just didn't happen as early as some people wanted it to.

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

Post by the lone ranger »

So who is going to take over then?

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

whose randy beckman?

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Yowsa! :shock: :shock:

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

I can hear the Northwest parents now if he was hired..................

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

And now we see why Nortwest has trouble winning games....they can not keep a head coach long. Players are learning a different system almost every other year.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Anyone know who all applied?

Return to “Football”