Vinton County 2008

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Re: Vinton County 2008

Post by freakintheseat »

280#'s??? Those boys better start packing on the beef :lol: I don't recall any lineman that big, even out of the graduating seniors! Go Vikes!!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Adam Jarvis, Bubba Owings, and Dylan Guthrie, are closer to 280 than not. As for anybody else, I am not sure. But what will be exciting to see is some of the juniors that didn't play last year come back and compete for spots.

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

Three fella's being close to 280, does not average out to 280 :122249 And have you seen Bubba lately?? He has really slimmed down.
BTW Hawkeye, what happened to your VC girls thread on the girls bball site, I can't find it :(

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

OH......I forgot..........
Go Vikes!! :twisted:
And I really like this guy.. :122246 !

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

That thread, as great as it was. Meaning the game recaps and all of the positives that allow others outside our area to read about our Vikings. In the end it got stupid, too many people forgot what high school sports are about and it was taken down. And has much as I hate to see all of those good post go, it was rightfully so that it was taken down.

threesportathlete09
Riding the Bench

Post by threesportathlete09 »

Gillman is coming back to play and he is about 278 or so and then Derric Bentley if it all pans out with him will be a very BIG asset as a sophomore. Being my cousin i know he is at least 275.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Threesport it's all wishfull thinking on your part, since you will be running behind those hoss's.
If the line avg 265 be good for high school standards.
Dyl has hands like Dut, could see him at TE some too?
Looking forward to a winning season for Viking football in '08.

GO VIKES

76ers
Waterboy

Post by 76ers »

what will the backfield of vinton be like for '08?

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

76ers wrote:what will the backfield of vinton be like for '08?

Not sure.
Grillo should be QB.
Steven Thompson will be some where, probably receiver.
Ant. Bentley in backfield or flanker.
Lot of holes to fill everywhere!

GO VIKES

threesportathlete09
Riding the Bench

The backfield for VC in 08 will be very well rounded. They will have Grillo at QB, Bentley, Johnson, Beckley, or others at the half back position and either Meachem or Little Bentley at fullback. They may run out of Double Tight a lot this season. :12224

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I would not be surprise if Jaylen Prater, a freshman, will be getting a lot of touches. At 6' and 190 pounds, dead lifting and benching houses, he is a freak of nature that can play the game of football.

Others to watch:
Calvin Beckley
Anthony Bentley
Justin Burt
James Hilyard
Dakota Johnson
Cody Meacham
Steve Thompson

What ever happens it will be a fun year.

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

threesportathlete09 wrote:The backfield for VC in 08 will be very well rounded. They will have Grillo at QB, Bentley, Johnson, Beckley, or others at the half back position and either Meachem or Little Bentley at fullback. They may run out of Double Tight a lot this season. :12224

Who is "Little Bentley"? I thought you said he was 275#? Or are you just pullin' our legs? cause I don't remember another Bentley playing last year.
Jaylen Prater will be a great addition to the team, he is poetry in motion on the football field! Will he play in the fullback position some?
Go Vikes! :twisted:

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

[quote="freakintheseat, Who is "Little Bentley"?

A soph, Ant's little bro., built like a tank. I would guess around 230 or so.
The big Bently is Derric also a sophomore around 260 I would reacon. I believe he is a cousin to Ant and Tommy.

GO VIKES

threesportathlete09
Riding the Bench

VIKED_MAN wrote:Threesport it's all wishfull thinking on your part, since you will be running behind those hoss's.
If the line avg 265 be good for high school standards.
Dyl has hands like Dut, could see him at TE some too?
Looking forward to a winning season for Viking football in '08.

GO VIKES

Is there anything wrong with wishful thinking when you are only 5'10" 160? I hope not. :122245. I am looking forward to this season though.

threesportathlete09
Riding the Bench

Big Bentley is me, Ant, little Bentley is Tommy who is only about 210. And Derric is just Bentley. Derric will be sophomore and Tommy will be a Junior and I will be a senior.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

I am sure a lot of people are looking forward to the upcoming season.
Seniors especially look forward to playing their last year.
Good luck!

GO VIKES

threesportathlete09
Riding the Bench

Yes i am looking forward to my senior year. I hope that everyone notices that there will be a new attitude on the sidelines and as a team this year. Last year some of the seniors made it seem like it was their team and no one else was needed. As a direct quote from one of their mouth's after the Belpre game, "Seniors don't worry about this lost, we will get past this and succeed, because '08 is so great." Football is a team sport doesn't revolve around one person or one class it is a team game. And that is the way the seniors this year will approach it.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

threesportathlete09 wrote:Yes i am looking forward to my senior year. I hope that everyone notices that there will be a new attitude on the sidelines and as a team this year. Last year some of the seniors made it seem like it was their team and no one else was needed. As a direct quote from one of their mouth's after the Belpre game, "Seniors don't worry about this lost, we will get past this and succeed, because '08 is so great." Football is a team sport doesn't revolve around one person or one class it is a team game. And that is the way the seniors this year will approach it.

That quote does not surprise me.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Football is truly a team sport.

I have found that in HS football, a successful season often depends a great deal on the leadership that is afforded the team by its senior members. No matter how talented the underclassmen may be, senior leadership is an absolute necessity. Keep this in mind tsa09 as you prepare for the '08 season. I am looking forward to the 2008 FB with a great deal of anticipation because I think it can be a whole lot better than many fans think. How successful the Vikes are this season will depend on your senior class and how they conduct themselves in pre-season and practice as well as in games.

Go Vikes!!

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

hawkeyepierce wrote:
threesportathlete09 wrote:Yes i am looking forward to my senior year. I hope that everyone notices that there will be a new attitude on the sidelines and as a team this year. Last year some of the seniors made it seem like it was their team and no one else was needed. As a direct quote from one of their mouth's after the Belpre game, "Seniors don't worry about this lost, we will get past this and succeed, because '08 is so great." Football is a team sport doesn't revolve around one person or one class it is a team game. And that is the way the seniors this year will approach it.

That quote does not surprise me.

What does not surprise me is that this is coming from a junior that got very little playing time :oops: Perhaps this is not the "exact" quote, or maybe tsa09 did not hear the complete conversation; regardless, the 08 seniors are a great bunch of boys that will be missed tremendously by ALL :cry: !

Return to “Football”