Meigs English

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

specially with their southern branch and the such. . . . .they should at least be talking to some of the teams. . . . get the kids interested in trying to get their attention. . .
talk to the masses and ask for game films for interested kids
coaches really need to help in that dept. . .my god people. . if you are a good highschool athlete. . THERE IS A PLACE FOR YOU. . on at least the div 2 (not 1-AA) and div 3 and naia level. . . .
P.S. . . ..money too

come on the risin wind. . were goin up around the bend. .
you can ponder purpetual motion. fix your mind on a crystal day. . always time for good conversation. .
boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Fully Automatic Timing! DUH!!!! I keep forgettting that not everyone is a track coach.

91blue14
SE

Re: Meigs English

Post by 91blue14 »

the biggest factor do you academicly qualify. you can run for 20,000 yds dont have act sat scores and the right curiculum in high school. juco bound then transfer ;-)

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

to the top

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

There's a Cornelius English listed on the Kentucky Christian roster....probably him....now I know why he goes by Meigs:

http://www.kcufootball.com/index_files/page0002.htm

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

thats him for sure :lol:

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

"...now I know why he goes by Meigs:"

Huh?

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

if ou would recruit locally maybe peden statium would be filled for games? last time i checked, every one left after the band checked out at 1/2 time. there is a load of talent that marshall and wvu has used to at least get butts in the seats( i include the parkersburgh area) and their name in front of the home town folks. ou does none of it. gallipolis, ironton, parkersburg, and nelsonville must be doing something right they are in the playoffs every year. there has to be some kids who can play. anyway, in a state awash in scarlet and gray, you would think ou would try to inject themselves into the local sports conversation.... they do not.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

in a state awash in scarlet and gray, you would think ou would try to inject themselves into the local sports conversation.... they do not.

You answered your own question in why they don't. They can't compete with "scarlet and gray" success. Most of the students who come to Ohio University are Ohio State fans as high schoolers and their allegiance doesn't change.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

you are right, but marshall does to a degree. look how the public looks at the herd program. they do very well here and they pack their stadium. ou could if the wanted to. there is a lot of fans of football who would like to see some. invite some big time schools to play. i am sure if they would look to marshall you see them playing miami, ohio state and other big schools. i think the top tier players will always go to osu but they could get the next 25.

Return to “Football”