Which Team Will Win The SOC 1 this year?

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

Re: Which Team Will Win The SOC 1 this year?

Post by the lone ranger »

They might be coming from what I've read and heard. Ive even heard that they have already came to the school and talked to the principle and AD this could be huge for Minford if they come I've never seen them play but have heard good things.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

OSUBULLDOGG wrote:It wont be Northwest I heard they were not allowed to switch conferences today at the SOC meeting..

Any news on South Gallia joining the SOC I in football?

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

the lone ranger wrote:They might be coming from what I've read and heard. Ive even heard that they have already came to the school and talked to the principle and AD this could be huge for Minford if they come I've never seen them play but have heard good things.

This would be devistating for Notre Dame. They graduate a lot of talent this year and could really use the Williams brothers. On the other hand, Minford seems to be well on their way to becoming a "force" in the SOC-II again, and the addition of these two athletes would certainly enhance the Falcon line-up on both sides of the ball. Any reason for the move?

The Program
Waterboy

Post by The Program »

I have heard that these are just rumors going around and that nothing has actually happend yet

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

either way ND should not be a big factor is the SOC this year they just lost to much. they are pretty quick and all but they didnt do anything against east lastyear and east has most of those guys back so it should be east, oak hill, symmes valley notre dame then geen probably not winning more than 1 game.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I see East going 9-1 or 8-2 and making the playoffs again this season. Only losses I could even see them having are to Oak Hill and Matewan WV. The SOC I title will be detemined in Sciotoville as just about every team has to come there this season especially Oak Hill.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

And I have it from a very reliable source that "Tartanblue" will lead the team on the field before every home game in a kilt left to him by his Great Great Scottish Uncle O'Megosh! Cheering on the lads in the traditional Gaelic tongue! :lol:

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Maybe east and northwest should switch places, then we would see how tough east really is. Remember what happened to valley? They thought they were tough, and there first year in the SOC II they won 1 or 2 conference games.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

What does that have to do with who will win the SOC I??? I would say that most SOC II teams would beat East but the only way to compare if they dont play head to head is common opponents and East beat Hunt. Ross last year worse than Minford did so who knows??? Valley is having a few down years but I know in the last 15 years Valley has got the best of most of the SOC II teams except 'Burg. But I know for sure East and Vally has won more SOC championships than the Dirty Bird.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

IRONFALCON wrote:Maybe east and northwest should switch places, then we would see how tough east really is. Remember what happened to valley? They thought they were tough, and there first year in the SOC II they won 1 or 2 conference games.

East wins back to back SOC I titles and now they need to move to the SOC II? Are you crazy....East would be able to play with a couple of the SOC II school like Minford and maybe Valley along with Northwest but would get run over by Burg, Waverly,and West. Comparing East to Valley joining the SOC II is not even right. East is very happy in the SOC I.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I am glad to hear this from some east ppl. I had several tell me over the past few months that they thought east could compete every year in the SOC II. I told them that east is several years away from that. This is nothing against east, I was just wondering if there were any of those type of ppl on here. I don think that it will be a two horse race between them and oak hill this year, but it's still very early.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East is a LONG way away from playing with the SOC II schools year in and year out. We just do not have the size those schools do to pick from. Most of East's players play both sides of the ball. We have some good kids coming up through the junior high level and hopefully they continue to get better and help the high school when they get there but that is yet to be seen.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

THANK YOU. I was not saying anything to belittle east or their program, I hope they continue to build and contribute to the very competitive football in southern OH.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re:

Post by biggdowgg »

Tartanblue wrote:East has a chance for a three peat with alot of kids back and also a kid from missouri on the team next year.

we have a kid from Alabama, so we should be good to :122246

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Looks like biggdowgg learned how to add to posts... :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

what???

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tartanblue wrote:
IRONFALCON wrote:Maybe east and northwest should switch places, then we would see how tough east really is. Remember what happened to valley? They thought they were tough, and there first year in the SOC II they won 1 or 2 conference games.

East wins back to back SOC I titles and now they need to move to the SOC II? Are you crazy....East would be able to play with a couple of the SOC II school like Minford and maybe Valley along with Northwest but would get run over by Burg, Waverly,and West. Comparing East to Valley joining the SOC II is not even right. East is very happy in the SOC I.

well if you can run over the compitition year end and year out,and be back to back div champs...you should have to move up......isnt that what everyone said about Valley? :lol:

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

No, I believe they said Valley was too big of a school to be in the SOC I and I believe that Valley wanted into the SOC II for playoff points.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I always thought it was more valley wanting to move up than anything. Wasn't there a few years they went undefeated but didn't have enough points to make the playoffs?

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

Compare East to Valley? :lol:

Valley needed to step up. After all there enrollment is close to West,Minford,Burg,etc.....
East's a small School like New Boston.

Burg wins alot in SOC-II should they move somewhere ?

East is where they need to be...

Return to “Football”