Marietta Football 2008

DevilDog
Waterboy

Re: Marietta Football 2008

Post by DevilDog »

Any word on the coaching situation? I heard the tigers might get some help in the weight room.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

No word on the coaching situation yet.

Something is being worked on to get the weight room open for the Tigers.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

TOUGH schedule again in '08.

Darby coming off the best year in school history and will be rebuilding, but will still be a playoff contender in Region 3. Cambridge should be strong again, and New Philly and South are always formidable.

DevilDog
Waterboy

Post by DevilDog »

There is a lot of talk in Warren about Schob coaching for them this year. Anybody know the real story? If so, Andy, We'll miss you and good luck. Let's get a coach and start getting ready for FOOTBALL!!! I don't think it's fair to the kids to be in limbo for so long.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

I have had several conversations in the last two weeks, including last night, that lead me to believe that Schob's at Warren is not a done deal yet. Both Schob's hearts lie in Marietta.

DevilDog
Waterboy

Post by DevilDog »

Schenk, that's what I was hoping you would say. I would hate to lose him, but will understand completely if he does go. One cannot wait forever. I can only hope that the admin. at Marietta realizes what he, along with the rest of the coaching staff mean to the success of the program. Glad to hear that you are staying. Any word on who else might be helping out this year? I know the conditioning staff want's to get started ASAP. What's the hold-up?

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

schob WILL be at warren

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

I have a bad feeling Schob will be at Warren next season

MttaFan
Freshman Team

Post by MttaFan »

BM 55, is there any news on the players front on what will happen with the coaching situation?

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

I heard coach C mentioned in the mix for the Marietta job.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

No not really

I talk to Coach Spicer everyday just about to see if he knows anything but its just what i know. He isnt getting told much either.

I do know this Coach Schob will most likely be at warren becuase if he teaches there im betting he will coach there which is not problem becauase it comes down to what is best for him and his family. Coach Murphy will be at Frontier next season. Coach Schenk is undecided but i havent talked to him about this but he is working on the college degree thing his masters maybe and he is busy with that and he has done alot for marietta and he does have a family so the same with him what ever is best for him and his family but he will always be welcomed at marietta to coach. Coach Mayor i dont know some stuff has been said about him staying or going i dont know persoanlly i would like to see him stay he is a good coach and he gave me a shot last year and i felt i did a good job but i want to show him next year i can do even more for him but it is up to him on what he does. Coach Boley is getting married this summer and is at OVU so if he can work in football that would be great becuase he was helpful last year to everyone. Coach J Schob will go where ever his dad goes. Coach Burke will help out again probaly his help is always appreciated.

some names thrown around for coaching include
Darren Stevens
Coach C
Andy Schob(will most likely be at warren)
B. Schenkel
BJ Mayor
Mr. Raider (coached at South during the Devol time but not sure if he is interested in a postion)

I have heard of some guy who played in the NFL for the eagles not too long ago but is out now because he blew out his knee came back to the valley and is maybe intereted in coaching but i dont know who this guy is.

So Marietta needs one head coach one off cord one deff cord and a line coach and some other assiants so im sure some name above will fill those postions

and thats what i know for the time being but the players are hitting the weight room i was told Darren Steven was helping get that going so thats great. Personally i am not down at the school weight room but i m off doing my own thing but the kids who dont do spring stuff are in there.

good luck to the tigers this year and good luck to Coach Spicer even though he is leaving i feel that the tigers owe him alot like one more season where the tigers get more in the W then in the L but best of luck to him finding a new job and hope its close because i would like to see him keep an eye on the tigers and maybe watch him coach a different team.

MttaFan
Freshman Team

Post by MttaFan »

It is sad for the kids and the fans that in April we have no idea where the program is going. Then you'll hear complaints from the higher ups wondering why the numbers are down in the program. The kids deserve more than this. It's always hard when coaches leave, but in this case there seems to be no direction. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't have a good feeling that we'll get a quality candidate this late in the year. Sounds like the BOE has their hands all over this.

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

to the fans and players at marietta...
i feel for you. i know what its like to go through the new head coach process. this is the first time ive ever had a coach for consecutive years.

it is a rough process but just stay strong and you will pull through it.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

looks like the board wont make a move for a coach until late may

or maybe early may if they have already started the process

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

The Process is started. The position is posted within the system, which has to be done before it can be opened up to others outside the system. Once the posting comes down, 10 days after posting which was middle of last week, then they can begin talking to people outside the district.

Marietta players, the process is underway, be patient and keep working out and preparing!!!! It will all work out.

warrengrappler/xcman
Riding the Bench

Post by warrengrappler/xcman »

Coach Schob is goig to look AWESOME in BLUE AND WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

thanks for the re insurance schenk

there are some of us that are worried about things like the offesne and the defense schemes and how the new coaches will judge us with out knowing us

but those who are worried and those who arent are all still hitting the weights

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

As exciting as it is to have Andy and Jason involved at Warren I think it is safe to say the most Warren fans wish Marietta nothing but the best. At the end of the day it's about giving the kids the opportunity to meet their potential. They can only do that when they are part of a program and a community that offer them the guidance and resources that they need. It seems like Warren is starting to catch a few breaks (finally) and that a solid foundation for the football program is being established. I hope Marietta is able to get through this transition and maintain the quality of the program that they have built.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

i and many other players for marietta really do apperciate the support to move on and maintain a high level of play and exictment for the upcoming season.

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

Well to the Warren kids that thing Andy Schob will be the coach I'd just like to say I talked to him and nothing is final. He still contacts the administration from Marietta every week asking about the position. Luckily they just seem to be unsure about a lot of things. (sarcasm)

Return to “Football”