2008 East Tartans Football Schedule

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Re: 2008 East Tartans Football Schedule

Post by wing-t »

boogerred

8-29 Southeastern (Home) East is better than southeastern: W

And how would you know that?? or is your name really Karnack?

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I have been involved in games and have seen both teams. East is better than Southeastern in my opinion.

I don't know what the Karnack thing means but whatever.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Axe N Shield wrote:By the way FalconFan! We don't bend poles! We tear down field goal posts after championships! You should stop by sometime and experience it! It feels great! Especially after winning your SOC Championship at home!

Trample the Weak and Hurdle the Dead!

I won't miss a Minford game just to "stop by" and whatch East play. I wouldn't waste my time.

Enemy of State_98
Riding the Bench

Post by Enemy of State_98 »

Coach Hall will help East out alot not just on the feild but in the weight room getting stronger and getting them ready to play. I see them winning another SOC title this year and making strides in the playoffs. I think that East could compete with some bigger schools but I think it would be hard for them to win right now. FalconFan just needs to stop because I have not seen Minford win a SOC championship lately in anything.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Enemy of State_98 wrote:Coach Hall will help East out alot not just on the feild but in the weight room getting stronger and getting them ready to play. I see them winning another SOC title this year and making strides in the playoffs. I think that East could compete with some bigger schools but I think it would be hard for them to win right now. FalconFan just needs to stop because I have not seen Minford win a SOC championship lately in anything.

Minford plays in SOC II !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to see East try to play in that conference. East would win about one game a year.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

I graduated from East and there were some years East did compete and beat Minford, but in today's era, year in and year out, they cannot compete and it would only hurt both teams in the end. Minford is on the up swing right now with well over 60 kids on the team and they are deep at most every position. On sheer numbers alone, they simply wear out smaller teams. I am sure East will have a good team this year, but with the majority of players playing both ways, it makes it tough. Of course, it has always been that way at East for the most part.

There are some question marks at Minford this year at some positions, but I expect those questions will be positively answered early on. This team may very well be an all around better team than last year. Overall, I think they are certainly stronger based on the numbers I am hearing coming out of the weightroom. We'll know for sure next week when they have their lift-a-thon and have their max outs. There is certainly a lot of competition at the RB and FB positions as there are 5-6 kids that are legitimate starters.

I understand where Axe is coming from, but I also remember we beat Minford 8-6 our senior year and after graduating 13 seniors, East only returned 2 or 3 positions out of 22 the following year. Minford then promptly drilled East 62-0 that year. You have to look at contracts carefully and not base it on 1-2 years of success or you end up in a situation like last year where East dropped Coal Grove too late in the season for CG to schedule another game. That wasn't good for either program as East got a black eye for it and CG missed the playoffs. HOWEVER, keep in mind CG was more than happy to take the money (buyout) and did not object, thus they have some ticked off parents there because the AD and coaches agreed to it. So ultimately, CG has to accept responsibility for it. One thing for sure, I think it is safe to say these 2 teams won't play each other again as a result.

Return to “Football”