2008 Oak Hill Oaks Football Schedule

TrojanXplosion
S

Re: 2008 Oak Hill Oaks Football Schedule

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I think that Oak Hill will upset East and take the SOC 1 crown next year.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

there looking okay...you always gonna have question marks here and there but, i think when the season rolls around they'll look just fine.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

I think that East would beat Minford this year too!

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

I agree FalconFan, it will be a good game between the two but I think the Oaks will pull it out. I don't see East being able to beat Minford though. What makes you think that Axe N Shield?

Derf_W
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf_W »

Axe N Shield wrote:I think that East would beat Minford this year too!

All I have to say about East and Minford is Coal Grove. East screwed our Seniors out of a game and a chance to get into the playoffs last year. Minford has handled Coal Grove the past two years. East was beat by 48 points by Coal Grove, embarrassed, and then weaseled their way out of not playing Coal Grove and scheduled a team from WV at the last minute. So Minford not only plays Coal Grove, but beat Coal Grove who is a team the beat East by 48 points.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Derf_W wrote:

All I have to say about East and Minford is Coal Grove. East screwed our Seniors out of a game and a chance to get into the playoffs last year. Minford has handled Coal Grove the past two years. East was beat by 48 points by Coal Grove, embarrassed, and then weaseled their way out of not playing Coal Grove and scheduled a team from WV at the last minute. So Minford not only plays Coal Grove, but beat Coal Grove who is a team the beat East by 48 points.

What planet are you on! Minford was in the playoffs last year! Don't blame another team that you don't even play for not being in the playoffs! Especially, when you was! And, those teams that was scheduled from WV are as big as Minford or Coal Grove; and ranked in the top 10 in their divisions when we played them and undefeated!

And all I have to say about East and Minford is; I believe East has beaten Wheelersburg more times than Minford; East 6 times, Minford 5!

GrumpyOldFish wrote:I agree FalconFan, it will be a good game between the two but I think the Oaks will pull it out. I don't see East being able to beat Minford though. What makes you think that Axe N Shield?

Because I know the kids at both schools; I have coached the kids at both schools! I coached the seniors at Minford, when they were in Jr. High with Chilli. They are a good bunch of kids and they are some real good boys; not taking anything away from them at all or from Brent Daniels. I know Brent; think the world of him and his mom! Brent should have been the coach out there the last time! But, thats a whole different story!

I have been around this bunch at East since they were in the 5th grade on and off! I know what they are capable of and I believe East would beat Minford this year in a close battle maybe 7-6 or 7-3! Of course again! This is my opinion! I don't say it to try and make anybody mad or ticked off. It's just what I believe!

Derf_W
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf_W »

How about this, scrimmage Minford, there's an idea.

What Minford and East's record against Wheelersburg doesn't matter. Besides when did East last play Wheelersburg in the regular season, the 1970s? Coal Grove and Wheelersburg have a good history as well.

The fact still remains East weaseled their way out of not playing Coal Grove last year and scheduled a team from WV at the last minute, which did hurt our playoff chances. Our Seniors in Coal Grove want to give you guys in Sciotoville a big thanks for nothing! Answer me this, why did East drop Coal Grove at the last minute and not give us a chance to find another team?

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

Oak Hill 7 and 3.
Lose to Rock Hill, Minford, and East.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Derf_W wrote:How about this, scrimmage Minford, there's an idea.

What Minford and East's record against Wheelersburg doesn't matter. Besides when did East last play Wheelersburg in the regular season, the 1970s? Coal Grove and Wheelersburg have a good history as well.

The fact still remains East weaseled their way out of not playing Coal Grove last year and scheduled a team from WV at the last minute, which did hurt our playoff chances. Our Seniors in Coal Grove want to give you guys in Sciotoville a big thanks for nothing! Answer me this, why did East drop Coal Grove at the last minute and not give us a chance to find another team?

I'm sorry! I thought you were a Falcon fan!

That's probably a question you need to ask your AD! I know for a fact that they received a considerable amount of money to get out of the last year of the contract. And the cancellation was in plenty of time for the AD to schedule another team! I'm almost positive it was several months before the season started; not the last minute!

So your AD is the one to ask those questions to!

Also, thanks for the complement! Imagine little ole Sciotoville; the team that you bigger schools usually talk ill about; had the power to knock off a Coal Grove in the playoffs! I guess if you sort of look at it in a peculiar kind of way! East beat Coal Grove and knocked them out of the playoffs! But really your AD beat you guys and lost your shot at the playoffs. Not a team; a single person! Besides, you probably would have lost that game!

The other three years that you played East you never even had a shot to getting into the playoffs; 2004= 7-3 Ranked: 14th; 2005= 6-4 Ranked: 17th; 2006= 6-4 Ranked: 16th. But now you want to complain to people on here! Complain to your AD for you schedule; they had to agree and had to accept the money. They just failed to do their job! A good AD would have made sure that you had a replacement lined up before releasing a team from the contract!

I have a question. Who did you get to replace East for this year's schedule?

The Axe N Shield; Defends Our Field!
Trample the Weak and Hurdle the Dead!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I disagree. Minford is a bigger school and they play bigger and better teams than East. They play a higher level of competition. Not tyring to take anything away from East but, Minford would handle East in a game.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

In no way am I saying that East could handle Minford year-to-year at this point; although I believe in the past when they did play; it is either a split or possibly an East lead in the series.

But, I believe East would beat them this year! Again this is only my opinion! I think it would be a very close game!

I just hope that Brent can get the support to turn Minford into the kind of program that he wants to; he knows what it takes and clearly knows the game! I think he is probably one of the best selections for the Head Coaching position at Minford in 25 to 30 years! Maybe, more! He will do for Minford Football what Tim Martin has done for Minford Baseball! Be productive; build a solid program and get kids to the next level! I know that you have a very fine facility there and am so glad to see it finally come. Minford is my second home! I went to school there 3 out of 4 of my years in high school. I love the community, people, kids and school!

I would love to see turf at the new stadium! That would be awesome!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Axe N Shield wrote:In no way am I saying that East could handle Minford year-to-year at this point; although I believe in the past when they did play; it is either a split or possibly an East lead in the series.

But, I believe East would beat them this year! Again this is only my opinion! I think it would be a very close game!

I just hope that Brent can get the support to turn Minford into the kind of program that he wants to; he knows what it takes and clearly knows the game! I think he is probably one of the best selections for the Head Coaching position at Minford in 25 to 30 years! Maybe, more! He will do for Minford Football what Tim Martin has done for Minford Baseball! Be productive; build a solid program and get kids to the next level! I know that you have a very fine facility there and am so glad to see it finally come. Minford is my second home! I went to school there 3 out of 4 of my years in high school. I love the community, people, kids and school!

I would love to see turf at the new stadium! That would be awesome!

Turf is really nice but, if Minford decided to get turf, then it wouldn't be known as "The Pasture of Pain". It is alot of work to get it ready but, I personally LOVE the natural grass.

The Program
Waterboy

Post by The Program »

You are a dumb A$$ for thinking East would beat Minford who did East beat last year that was even good?
Sciotoville Community School 2007
8/23 A Northwest (1-9) [4:15] W 33-7
8/31 H Huntington (3-7) [5:19] W 27-13
9/7 H Unioto (0-10) [4:15] W 15-10
9/14 H Buffalo (Putnam) (WV) (6-4) [6:0] W 30-12
9/22 H Matewan (WV) (6-4) [6:0] W 42-14
9/28 A Oak Hill (5-5) [5:19] W 35-16
10/5 A Symmes Valley (3-7) [6:23] W 27-0
10/12 A South Gallia (4-6) [6:23] W 28-12
10/19 H Green (1-9) [6:24] W 28-6
10/26 H Notre Dame (6-5) [6:24] W 12-0
11/3 H # Mechanicsburg (7-5) [6:24] L 21-48

Sciotoville Community School 2006
8/25 H Northwest (0-9) [4:15] W 22-7
9/1 A Huntington (4-6) [5:19] L 6-26
9/8 A Unioto (4-6) [4:15] L 0-27
9/15 H Dayton Christian (5-5) [5:20] L 6-37
9/22 A Dawson-Bryant (6-4) [5:19] L 0-48
9/30 A Notre Dame (4-6) [6:23] W 36-22
10/6 H South Gallia (8-3) [6:23] L 12-16
10/13 H Oak Hill (3-7) [5:19] W 14-13
10/20 A Green (5-5) [6:23] W 28-22 ot
10/27 H Symmes Valley (3-7) [6:23] W 13-6

The best team you have beat in the last two years had a 6-4 record and because you dominate the Mighty SOC 1 you guys think you can hang with Minford or anyone else in the SOC 2 other than NW :roll:

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats some good stuff right there. :lol:

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

I didn't say anyone else other than Minford! I never said Burg, West or Waverly! I said Minford!

And I said it was my opinion! No need in getting on here and showing your intelligence by cursing at people! I sure hope Coach Daniels doesn't take in your opinion as the community's! Well, you know what they say; "Opinions are like a-- holes! Everybodys got one!" It's clear who Minford's is!

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but we will never know for sure because they do not play and will not play in the future. One thing is for sure. East had a great season last year.

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

East had a great season last year and so did Minford. So how about you all call it even and stop arguing about this on Oak Hills thread! :roll:

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

GrumpyOldFish wrote:East had a great season last year and so did Minford. So how about you all call it even and stop arguing about this on Oak Hills thread! :roll:

Amen brother. Especially when it is not an apples to apples comparison. So, how about that Oak Hill schedule for this coming year??? :lol:

The Program
Waterboy

Post by The Program »

Well if you had any knowledge about football you would realize how dumb you are for thinking that East could beat Minford this year or any year East plays NO ONE and when they do play someone decent they lose

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

East has beaten Minford before! That's all I'll say about it on this thread! Sorry for getting off topic on a Oak Hill subject! My apologies to most everyone!

Well if you had any knowledge about football you would realize how dumb you are for thinking that East could beat Minford this year or any year East plays NO ONE and when they do play someone decent they lose

Just like when Minford plays Burg, West, Waverly or Portsmouth!
Last edited by Axe N Shield on Sun May 11, 2008 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”